• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Part of this weeks' Deals With Gold, thought it deserved its own thread. Most titles haven't been on sale since last November so for anyone that missed them here's another chance.

Backwards Compatible

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 > $14.99
Sonic Adventure - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 > $4.99
Sonic CD - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic The Hedgehog - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I - $9.99 > $4.99
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II - $14.99 > $7.49
Sonic The Fighters - $4.99 > $2.49
Sonic & Knuckles - $2.99 > $1.49
Sonic Unleashed - $14.99 > $7.49

Sonic Generations Xbox One X Enhanced - $19.99 > $9.99

Not Backwards Compatible

Sonic Free Riders (Kinect Only) - $19.99 > $9.99

Last edited:

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, thank you!

I am confused on how Sonic 3 is still for sale via 360 and now Xbox One, but apparently has issues released it in compilations and other rereleases?

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Warning: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is like 1152x544p and looks ugly as heck on a big 4K display. It's the worst looking version of the game. 720p games look much better.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Warning: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is like 1152x544p and looks ugly as heck on a big 4K display. It's the worst looking version of the game. 720p games look much better.

Yep. MSFT has a good relationship with Sega and sumo digital so maybe it has a good chance of being x enhanced eventually.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic Generations worth it? I personally really enjoyed Sonic Forces, so I'm guessing so?

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Sony you killing me dog. This the type of sale I would die for right here. All those 3d games aged pretty badly tho

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Oh shit, I didn't realize Generations was BC! I had bought it quite a while ago hoping it would be at some point.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
How is the emulation of Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles? As in, how were the XBLA versions of them? Good? Better or worse than the new Sega Collection emulation?

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! I forgot that Generations was finally added to BC AND has 4K support. I thought about buying this for ages but physical copies near me are still $15-$20. This is a done deal. My Xbox Sonic collection is nearly complete!

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Holy shit at the difference at 0m57s! The water, even the textures on those distance objects. It's night and day.

Can I use my Xbox credit to buy 360 games? It seems to want to use my card or Paypal account to take the money and ignores the £35 credit I have on my account. Any ideas? Or can my credit only be used on XBO purchases?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at the difference at 0m57s! The water, even the textures on those distance objects. It's night and day.

Can I use my Xbox credit to buy 360 games? It seems to want to use my card or Paypal account to take the money and ignores the £35 credit I have on my account. Any ideas? Or can my credit only be used on XBO purchases?
Nope, you can only use xbox credit on 360 games if you buy it from an xbox 360.... Yeah its stupid and microsoft really hasnt done much to fix that issue.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been replaying it since it went to GwG since friends have it now and its a visual mess. Even on a 1080p display its hard to see sometimes and causes fake difficulty
Yep. MSFT has a good relationship with Sega and sumo digital so maybe it has a good chance of being x enhanced eventually.
I hope because the game has some really good art

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
4k enhancement but no 60fps enhancement shame

These the type of games 60fps is much more important too
Only games that have unlocked framerates can be fixed. Sonic Generations has a locked framerate of 30 fps, so it was going to be that regardless.

How is the emulation of Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles? As in, how were the XBLA versions of them? Good? Better or worse than the new Sega Collection emulation?

They're fine. The one major downside for Sonic 3 is that the original save feature has been scrapped in favor of Backbone's custom save feature. So once you finish the game, you can't replay levels you already beat (and you especially can't replay as Super Sonic).

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Isn't Generations considered one of, if not the best Sonic game since the 90's? Or am I thinking of another Sonic game?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I click the thread waiting for Sonic Transformed X enhanced. I leave dissapointed. (That Sonic Generations though)

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're fine. The one major downside for Sonic 3 is that the original save feature has been scrapped in favor of Backbone's custom save feature. So once you finish the game, you can't replay levels you already beat (and you especially can't replay as Super Sonic).
This is not fine! >:(

Guess I'm keeping my Sonic Jam and Sega Saturn forever until they can figure this stuff out.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Generations considered one of, if not the best Sonic game since the 90's? Or am I thinking of another Sonic game?
THE best, depends on who you talk to. Some people prefer colors ( though that sentiment has actually gone down for time I feel ), some think unleashed had better boost sections than generations, some people don't really like boost and will claim adventure 1 or 2.

But one of , oh hell yeah. To me at least. One of the best 3d sonics in terms of gameplay, it makes forces all the more disappointing.

2d is mania

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Better in my opinion as there's no music stutter. No rewind, just save states though if that's a deal breaker. And at least you can actually play Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Buy both then goes on Sonic & Knuckles' bonus menu to access it. Pretty simple much to my surprise.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried out Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the Original Xbox? It works on Xbox 360 and is the best compilation of the Sonic Genesis games.
I think I actually may have this...I'd need to check my collection of Xbox games.

I guess it makes much more sense to keep my 360 hooked up to play that rather than my Sega Saturn lol.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Only games that have unlocked framerates can be fixed. Sonic Generations has a locked framerate of 30 fps, so it was going to be that regardless.

Better in my opinion as there's no music stutter. No rewind, just save states though if that's a deal breaker. And at least you can actually play Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Buy both then goes on Sonic & Knuckles' bonus menu to access it. Pretty simple much to my surprise.
Thx guys, gonna buy 'em all! :D

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
THE best, depends on who you talk to. Some people prefer colors ( though that sentiment has actually gone down for time I feel ), some think unleashed had better boost sections than generations, some people don't really like boost and will claim adventure 1 or 2.

But one of , oh hell yeah. To me at least. One of the best 3d sonics in terms of gameplay, it makes forces all the more disappointing.

2d is mania
Cool. Thanks guys, might have to pick this up again. Really enjoyed it the first time through

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What's up with Sonic 3? It says I can't purchase it on Xbox One? When I go to Xbox.com it just says "download to your 360" which I don't have? Is it not Backwards Compatible ?

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
What's up with Sonic 3? It says I can't purchase it on Xbox One? When I go to Xbox.com it just says "download to your 360" which I don't have? Is it not Backwards Compatible ?

Sounds like you already own it? Does it show up in the ready to install category on your XB1 My Games & Apps menu?