• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is your favorite?

• Eyes on Me - Faye Wong

Votes: 82 28.9%
  • Melodies of Life - Emiko Shiratori

Votes: 79 27.8%
  • Isn't it Wonderful? (Suteki Da Ne) - RIKKI

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Because You Are Here (Kimi Ga Iru Kara) - Sayuri Sugawara

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • My Hands - Leona Lewis

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Stand By Me - Florence + The Machine

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Answers

Votes: 35 12.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still mind blown by "eye's on me" so I almost picked that, But I have deep fond memories of FF9 and loved everything about that game including the music. soooo... Melodies of Life.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Eyes on Me might be the better song in a vacuum, but I'll always prefer Melodies of Life for how it gets integrated into the game (which EoM also does really well!)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for reminding me that for some reason My Hands was a thing. (it's a good song but still wtf)

Melodies of Life for sure though.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FF7 is kinda lonely without a song... Hope they fix that for the remake! Who's ready to hear Aerith's theme with lyrics?

OP
OP
ChaserX

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
So I added Answers to the poll, but I wasn't able to add Dragonsong. Didn't think XIV would actually have a song when making this so I didn't bother checking.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I never thought that I would ever say that, but FFX² got robbed:

Aslo, FFX intro is clearly the best anyway.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Suteki Da Ne and Dragonsong for me. My Hands and Stand by Me are great songs but I don't associate them with FF.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The instrumentals of IX are so fucking good.
Sometimes I would just let it play or walk around just to hear them.

But eyes on me goat vocal

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Ravana's song in Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward. While the game has a number of vocal songs, this is a rare one sung by the character you are fighting.

Blood trickling down from my fullers!
And blood trickling down from mine hands!
Yes, Blood trickling down to Hydaelyn!
Until I alone stand!

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
You included My Hands and that boring Stand by Me cover, but not Eternal Love, Kiss Me Goodbye, or XIII-2's theme? Even 1000 Words is better.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Of the themes, Eyes on Me is my favourite, but man, some songs are really up there, Answers and Kimi ga Iru Kara.

I find My Hands and Stand by Me are probably my least favourite though.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Distant Worlds and Answers tied for first but Melodies of Life and My Hands and FFXII's ending theme all tie for 2nd unless its Susan Calloway's version of Suteki Da Ne then that is 3rd. I also enjoyed Serah's theme from XIII-2.

Last edited:

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Does One Winged Angel count? I know it may be cliche but it would've been my answer. After that it would be Answers then Eyes on Me.
The place I'll Return (to?) Someday is fantastic but I find the vocals in Melodies of Life detract from the best part of the song.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Ravana's song in Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward. While the game has a number of vocal songs, this is a rare one sung by the character you are fighting.

Blood trickling down from my fullers!
And blood trickling down from mine hands!
Yes, Blood trickling down to Hydaelyn!
Until I alone stand!

they really stepped their music up with Heavensward (not that it was bad before). So many great tunes.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Melodies of Life is probably my favourite, but I pretty much enjoy all the ones from non-sequel mainline entries. Melodies of Life and Eyes on me just stand out above the rest because of how they're integrated into the game.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Where is real Emotion? Where?!

To be fair, Suteki da Ne gets me in the feels every time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Eyes on Me. Although part of that is due to how much it surprised me when I first heard it—I had no idea there was a vocal track in the game and it really hit me hearing a human voice after hours and hours of text-based dialogue.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Korean version of Suteki Da Ne (featured in the official Korean release of FFX) is better than the original.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Distant Worlds is the top tier.

Dragonsong is the best FFXIV theme.

Jan 20, 2019
This thread makes my heart melt, I've been listening to piano + orchestral versions of my favorites a lot recently...hard choice, for sure. The top three (Eyes on Me/Melodies of Life/Suteki Da Ne) are all so beautiful and emotionally significant!