• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
You're like, almost a decade late to hating BabyMetal

Anyway, as a fellow metalhead, BabyMetal is fine
Br6drpkCAAEV3KT.jpg

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
likely still better than whatever music you're listening to, I'm sorry.

Maybe you like this more?

edit are Doll$Boxx still a thing by the way? Completely forgot about them for a while, just watched a bunch of songs from back then but don't see anything recent, I think.

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Someone just showed me Babymetal... What is this garbage?

As a metal/rock head.... I just cannot with this....

Just super sayin': That video has 152 million views.

As someone who's a metalhead, I think what they're doing is pretty clever and sounds pretty good. It may not be to your tastes, but... metal's a diverse super genre and few people like every style of metal.

Preach.

I really don't think there's anything half-ass or insincere about what they're doing --- I think that's why so many take to it.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
More metal/rock heads should get over themselves and see them live. They put on a fucking amazing show.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's a metalhead, I think what they're doing is pretty clever and sounds pretty good. It may not be to your tastes, but... metal's a diverse super genre and few people like every style of metal.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Take that back OP!

fun fact: out of all the bands I've ever seen live the only time I've ever got a ticking off from security was seeing Babymetal performing before the Chili Peppers. They weren't happy with me jumping around in the seating area even though there was nobody behind me for at least three rows lol.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
if you were actually a metal/rock head you would appreciate things like this, not hate on 'em, OP.

babymetal is rad.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Garbage?

Watch their sonisphere set from 2014.
They got switch to the mainstage last minute and rocked that shit like not many else.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It´s weird but decent music in the end. Still better than that Justinbiebercore Emo-kids listen to nowadays.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan but the backlash these girls get is really dumb. They've been fully embraced by all of the metal artists out there.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I was listening to them so much while doing RE3 Remake stuff and speedrunning, that whenever I hear Babymetal, I can only think of RE3 Remake now.

Kind of like listening to "Mutter" from Rammstein reminds me of playing the HL1 mod Desert Crisis.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I'm into, but acting like this is a far cry from the corniness/cheese that is all metal is wild.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Babymetal is great!

The real secret is learning that all your favourite musicians tend to enjoy a wide variety of genres. Open up to listening to other genres and you'll hear the influence from it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Imagine being a gatekeeping metalhead in the year of our lord 2022.

Babymetal fucking rules.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
I bet Babymetal has introduced more people to the world of metal music than the self-proclaimed "metal heads" trying to dismiss their work

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017

Watch this OP. Now imagine them doing that same thing several times on a single concert.

Their energy is solid. The musicality is good. And Su-metal's vocals are godlike.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Didn't know about them. I've actually heard of few of their songs without knowing the name.

Brother really hates em' now.

Status
Not open for further replies.