Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be curious to see if this is actually in the film or if this is more of a JK Rowling playing it safe after the fact on Twitter situation

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what's the difference between being bisexual and being fluid?

Bisexual either sex.

Fluid, just go with the flow. No reservations. Change over time.

Bisexual is almost 50/50% stable state of attraction to both sexes
Fluid is more one week your feeling one way, next week there other way

Also with Star Wars and Aliens/Robots/Intergalactic Species, Bisexual still has hard set of rules, but fluid just goes off the wall what your feeling at that moment

Also I need a Donald Glover Colt 45 ad stat

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the only interaction Luke and Lando ever have?
They talk at the end of the movie and nod at each other at the beginning of Jedi. I think they hug at the end too. Poor Lando in Return of the Jedi. No one really talks to him aside from one conversation with Han and Nien Nunb - but at least he does destroy the Death Star (and without the Force, too).

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They talk at the end of the movie and nod at each other at the beginning of Jedi. I think they hug at the end too. Poor Lando in Return of the Jedi. No one really talks to him aside from one conversation with Han and Nien Nunb - but at least he does destroy the Death Star (and without the Force, too).

Lando probably did the most important job in all of RotJ and no one acknowledges it.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just sounds like another "yeah, we're woke we promise" comment. Like when they say a superhero is gay but it's never properly indicated on screen. Just hollow point-scoring.

Deleted member 13037

Y'all are gonna look like fools when Lando's intro in the movie is him in bed with Boba Fett

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just sounds like another "yeah, we're woke we promise" comment. Like when they say a superhero is gay but it's never properly indicated on screen. Just hollow point-scoring.
Agree. Most of the time they say it before a movie gets released to get more people interested which is very insulting i think.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious how its handled. But I am reminded of before the last Star Trek movie they made a big bruhaha about Suku being gay

In the final movie there is a 4 second shot where he holds his partners hand who was never mentioned previously, never speaks, doesnt have a name and is never seen again.

Oct 25, 2017
If your character is actually gay or bi then you don't need to say so publicly because the movie speaks for itself.

Yup. I wouldn't blame anybody for getting tired of this stuff now. Either show their sexuality on screen or keep quiet, don't leave it for a couple of lines in the novelisation and then show nothing in the movie itself.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm tired of them saying this after the fact, why not establish it in the movie, even something small like when Beyond showed Sulu with his partner and daughter walking away on leave. Still it's nice in general.

Well...I mean the movie isn't even out yet...and apparently he flirts with everyone (going by what little I've seen). I've tried to stay away from spoilers/lots of scenes/trailers.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
To folks saying "Why do they need to come out and explicitly state Lando's sexuality? What, would you prefer Lando just come and scream about being bi/pansexual to everyone he meets?" It's not like your only two options are not saying/showing anything and a character proudly proclaiming their sexuality - there's a middle ground. You can't tell someone's sexuality just by looking at them. As such, it has to be expressed through a characters words, actions, and body language.

Star Trek Beyond and, of all things, the fucking Power Rangers movie got this right. Sulu and Trini's sexuality were established in a deliberate manner, but it was done tastefully and in a way that didn't hit the audience over the head.

Disregarding Lando, since I haven't seen Solo yet, there needs to be a descriptor or a word for when one of the creatives involved with a movie/TV show/book comes out and says "Oh yeah that character was gay/bisexual". It's like passive progressivism or something. They get to pat themselves on the back for being inclusive without actually having done anything to deserve it.

As a bisexual man, I'm obviously all for more inclusion of characters who have, to use their own word, a more fluid sexuality. But good lord make an effort. Enough of this after-the-fact crap.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I will reserve judgment until I see the movie, but these situations are downright insulting. You can't have your cake and eat it too. All this winking and nudging, the Sulus, the Grindelwalds, the Dumbledores and the Le Fous, the confirmation of a character's sexuality on interviews and/or on Twitter, the neverending and wildly creative excuses for the lack of proper on-screen representation, the expectation that we as LGBTQ+ people will find these comments enough and hop on board the marketing train and find the movie "progressive"... It's 2018, fuck off.

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Oh man, people are going to LOSE THEIR SHIT. Lando is one of the most-beloved characters. This is gonna make for some great reading on the webz.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There is no difference between being bisexual and being fluid. People just don't like the stigma the word "bisexual" has.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad more and more people are coming out and saying "Talk is cheap".

Yeah this is nice, but what's nicer is the characters actually expressing their sexuality at all.

Oct 25, 2017
He's about as fluid as Deadpool is. But they used a strap on in Deadpool! Yeah, they had a fucking sex gag in the movie.

It's fucking lame as shit when they do this. It means nothing and is meant to handwave away any complaints for more representation.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the only movie that promised this shit and actually pulled it off with class and tact was that Star Trek movie with Sophia Boutella in Zebra make up.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Withholding judgment until I see the movie, but I sure would like some representation, rather than "representation."

Lip service isn't getting anyone any points, it just makes the writers and movie look worse.