Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
so, it is unreasonable to ask them to delay the game to include all pokes? i don't want devs to work themselves to death but i find unacceptable to receive a gutted game because they need to meet an arbitrary deadline. delay the game and put everything in properly.

or they could just keep pace and launch it later as an update...……….not hard either.

It's obvious with gamefreak doing more than 1 project now in the HD era they are not going to just stop cater to a small base of very vocal folks who care

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Relatable. Backward decision. Hope it's just because they ran out of time and are adding them in as soon as possible after launch. That's the only path to redemption, since I doubt they will be able to just turn around and add them anyway.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
I just don't get why they can't do what X and Y did, only pokemon on that game until the pokemon bank (or in this case Pokemon Home) launched. Maybe it's some weird attempt at curbing pokemon hacking but that's not going to work at all.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God people are taking Game Freak to task for this. Way to kill a lot of hype for the game after last week's Direct.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Bunch of idiots. Think of all the work re-topologising everything from 240p potato 3DS quality, then including unique anims for being out in the world, cries, attack anims, Dynamax stuff, etc, etc. Its just too fucking much work for a completely new series entry.
None of the overworld animations are new. They were already made in Sun and Moon for the first seven gen pokemon. The attack animations are also the same as the 3DS era.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
They just announced changes to Mario Maker 2's lack of the ability to play with friends so valid criticism can totally bring about change. Make some noise (but don't be a sociopath about it).

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
03. Stop adding new Pokemon in the games, cap them off.

This should be the most reasonable approach, with over 900 of them, it should be enough. Sadly, the fans have been spoiled for decades that each new gen means at least new hundred creatures so TPC screwed themselves on this one, people will be pissed if they ever decide to go with a new Pokemon with no new creatures.

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Honestly they should consider not doing yearly releases for now. I knew there was no way we would have all Pokemon in the game

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Right, the idea was that these models would be highly scalable and forward compatible. Charizard in Sword uses the same model as in Pokedex 3D on the 3DS, and all the creatures already have walking, petting and battle animations.

They must have known they would get a lot of criticism for this, that's why Masuda announced it as early and earnestly as possible. He knew the heat was coming.
Yep, they have so many of the models already done. I'm sure the work could be automated even. Just screams of taking advantage of consumers for the 2020 Pokemon title to have it as a "feature".

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a Game Freak move. The fact that they're not including them is insane. One step forward, two steps back ever gen.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly good. They did all that work making high-quality 3D models of each Pokemon and they can't be bothered to put them to use in the game. Absolutely wild.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The thing is the next game will probably have all of the available.

If they want to keep good will they would at least make more pokemon available in the game as time goes on.

Oct 27, 2017
Thats what I thought. Keep seeing people saying these are the same models from X/Y, but anyone have proof to that?
This is an HD upgrade I assumed they would have to redo everything
Because models don't have a concept of SD or HD. They can be made high poly and have their quality lowered. In fact, the performance issues in the 3DS games were because the models were a bit too high quality for the system to handle

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This should be the most reasonable approach, with over 900 of them, it should be enough. Sadly, the fans have been spoiled for decades that each new gen means at least new hundred creatures so TPC screwed themselves on this one, people will be pissed if they ever decide to go with a new Pokemon with no new creatures.
Not making new Pokemon would be the worst thing they could ever do.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
its pokemon fans...………..you expect them to understand what it takes to upgrade all 900 or so to HD at once?

For how much money this game (and its inevitable 2nd edition) is going to print? Yes.

I'm 100% fine with this if they patch them in later but that did not seem to be the case at all in the interview.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I mean yea it's disappointing, but do people realize how much work either completely creating or updating all those 3D models would be? I never expected a complete pokemon dex from this game.

What made this completely insane is that they announced HOME first.

You can sent your Pokémon from S/M to Bank, from Bank to HOME and then it's stuck there 'cause it's in the SwSh game's files. Why do I have to pay for it in the first place?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What does "enough" even mean?

There are still many unused type combos and real world influences for Pokemon to use.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
What are you talking about? These use the same models since XY and ALL Pokemon have already been created
This. Not to mention the fact that BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT BRAND that brings in billlions delivers a subnative flat looking game and completely disregards "Catch 'em All"? That's a pretty big reason to be upset imo

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will allow them to release Pokemon Blazing Sword and Aura Shield next year, with the new feature of actually having all of your favorite Pokemon.

I swear, this series works with a handicap no other Nintendo IP seems to have, and it's always self-inflicted.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

And rightfully so, it's the major hook of the mainline games.

Wait, people thought the game would have like 800 or whatever number Pokémon exist now?

We don't expect them to all be catchable within the game itself. But in the previous entries, previous gen Pokemon have always been transferable to the newest gen. Until now.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
No Megas and Z-moves is also a weird decision. I don't want them abandoning battle mechanics from game to game

Z Moves im ok with dropping but losing Megas stings just a little since some of my favorites get much needed upgrades

Hopefully they will look into updating and rebalancing the few pokemon that got megas or just give them permanent evolutions

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, they have so many of the models already done. I'm sure the work could be automated even. Just screams of taking advantage of consumers for the 2020 Pokemon title to have it as a "feature".

I think there probably is a degree of genuine technical incompetence and inexperience that led to this happening, but you can bet that this will not be fixed in a game update to Sword and Shield, but promoted as a feature of Shining Sword and Shining Shield, coming 2020 priced at $60.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
its pokemon fans...………..you expect them to understand what it takes to upgrade all 900 or so to HD at once?
The models were already in HD quality all the way back in XY. There is no need to upgrade anything with them, other than changing the lighting system.

Let's Go model
pokemon-lets-go-lapras-how-to-get-1024x576.jpg

XY
23644.png

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Look at the entitlement lol. Pokemon is a tiny niche rpg, you think such a dev/pub like Nintendo/GF can afford to have all the pokemons be in a one game. Too much work and too expensive for such a small franchise and developer.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
With the selection nearing a thousand little shits it had to eventually happen... it's just Let's Go was not the correct moment to start pulling it due to how anaemic does a 151 (+2 and megas) pokédex feel. It also makes things difficult to balance for competitive multi and you can still get a full living dex in Pokémon Home which will connect to all games. Still, it's reasonable to think that a good chunk will be patched in when the DPPt remakes happen.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm confused, did they promise a national pokedex for this game?

sun and moon didn't have one right?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I know zero to nothing about Pokemon, does this affect casual players?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This will allow them to release Pokemon Blazing Sword and Aura Shield next year, with the new feature of actually having all of your favorite Pokemon.

I swear, this series works with a handicap no other Nintendo IP seems to have, and it's always self-inflicted.
Time to cancel my preorder and wait for the eventual upgraded version.

Status
Not open for further replies.