• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one are you?

• Never played XCX. I would like to purchase it

Votes: 179 30.3%
  • Never played it. I have no interest in repurchasing it

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • Played and beat it. I will repurchase

Votes: 146 24.7%
  • Played a little bit but never beat the game. I will repurchase

Votes: 123 20.8%
  • Bought it, but never played it. I will repurchase

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Played and beat it. I will not repurchase

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • Played a little bit. I have no interest in repurchasing it

Votes: 31 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I played 100 hours of it, so i can't pretend like i didn't get alot of enjoyment out of it, but after a while the game left a bad taste in my mouth. (never actually beat it).

I feel like it was a big step forward in production values and exploration, but there's just way too many systems going on, like half the screen is hud DESPITE the gamepad, you've got all these characters and mechs to equip and look after, the way you plant those thing to make money was needlessly confusing, and of course the game just takes a MASSIVE step back in its story.

I wouldn't be offended by a port because it's not like it will take a ton of resources, but its a very distant 3rd in the xenoblade rankings for me.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Now that you mention portability, the really should make a HUD overhaul. The game was practically unreadable on Off-TV mode, and while the Gamepad was sub-hd, I'm sure the screen was bigger than the switch's.

Actually the Switch and GamePad screens are both 6.2".

But yeah, ideally they'd rework the HUD a bit for a Switch port.

Oct 27, 2017
I want it to happen eventually, but we need Xenoblade 3 first. Need something new for the series before another port/remake.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I put about 10 hours into the game, but between it feeling kind of aimless and absolutely hating the soundtrack, I ended up putting it down and never getting back to it.

I doubt Nintendo would do anything with this game that would make me even consider purchasing it a second time, but I would like to revisit my Wii U copy eventually.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a reprint of Xenoblade 2 first, then we'll talk. Seeing as I'm one of the only people who actually bought #FE: Encore, I can assure that I would be good for it once that happens.

JumiElazul

Apr 4, 2020
Voted for played but never beat and would repurchase.

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles X. The world map and sense of exploration were done so well that I was willing to overlook some of the games flaws.
That said, even though I put about 30-40 hours into it, I didn't beat it. I would love another crack at it.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't spoiler anything outside that a change happens.

Not how or why.

That reveal is meant to be a plot twist that not everyone will anticipate. What you're doing is leading people to expect a plot twist surrounding a certain character at a certain time. Please have the decency to add spoiler tags.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That reveal is meant to be a plot twist that not everyone will anticipate. What you're doing is leading people to expect a plot twist surrounding a certain character at a certain time. Please have the decency to add spoiler tags.
You want me to have "decency" to have spoilers? Regarding this?

Yeah; don't think I will.

You can report my post.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I keep throwing money at my Switch for this, but nothing happens. Maybe I need to throw it at Monolith HQ.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Im not going to argue this with another Xeno fan, but the choice they make with Elma's character design when she is presented the way she is was highly offensive at least to me.
I think the fact that they all survived thanks to an alien's efforts tied well to the theme of the game. You expand the city by becoming friends with the aliens from Mira, so there's this message about solidarity and working together with those different from you that I really liked. The game even touches on how this causes frictions with the humans via the many optional sidequests. In the end, Elma felt as part of that community and her desire to help humanity was genuine.

But I'll admit, her design reveal was a bit disappointing because of having a relevant dark-skinned turning into something else.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
One of the best RPGs I've played if they change stuff like insurance with QoL updates I'll buy it day one

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Only played it a little bit on Wii U. I think the lack of a centralized story, unlike XC1 and XC2 (both of which I did finish) kinda left me without a hook to keep going.

I would give it another shot on Switch though.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the fact that they all survived thanks to an alien's efforts tied well to the theme of the game. You expand the city by becoming friends with the aliens from Mira, so there's this message about solidarity and working together with those different from you that I really liked. The game even touches on how this causes frictions with the humans via the many optional sidequests. In the end, Elma felt as part of that community and her desire to help humanity was genuine.

But I'll admit, her design reveal was a bit disappointing because of having a relevant dark-skinned turning into something else.
I can get that and it would be a nice sentiment...but that gets washed away from me when you take a dark skinned woman and suddenly "reveal" her true form has glowing white skin. I loath it with all my heart.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Im not going to argue this with another Xeno fan, but the choice they make with Elma's character design when she is presented the way she is was highly offensive at least to me.

Yeah I didnt care about the fancy hairdo, I kept her as is.

This trailer still gives me chills to this day

Haha I still have it saved on my harddrive. It was what clenched the WiiU purchase for me/

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I put about 30 hours into the original game. I don't remember why I quit playing, but I really liked the game a lot.

I started playing the game on emulator last weekend and I'm having a blast. It runs great on PC and looks amazing. But the one thing that's really annoying is the map, since it's only on the Gamepad, and it's annoying having to switch to a mouse or whatever when playing with just a controller. So If they put it on Switch, fix the map issue, as well as some quality of life stuff, I'd easily buy another copy of the game.

Nov 17, 2017
Played it twice but have 100s of hours on it. I'd definitely repurchase it. I want to replay it but my Wii U is packed away and the gamepad battery is super drained now anyway.

Having a big exploratory game to go is also a great pro. I also really want a sequel to the game so I'd buy just to show interest in that.

Im kind of worried that if they do port it to Switch, it will be right before whatever succeeds the Switch is out. The game suffered from releasing late into the Wii U's life (which was short cause Wii U lol)

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
The game needs such a major overhaul that its better to just make a sequel.

The mechs were the most disappointing part of the game. Threy're buried too late into the game to be that convoluted with such little pay off.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK this game needs to come to the Switch. It could use a lot of QoL changes such as: larger font sizes, story progression not limited to leveling and instead scales, OST changes, etc.

But the world design, exploration, gameplay, and mechs are just astounding. Such a gem. With some flaws that could be ironed out to be something even better.

Nov 1, 2017
I'll probably skip it unless there's some major QoL changes. Switch and Wii U are too similar in power for a real visual/performance upgrade (besides possibly fixing the faces, I guess) and the loss of the gamepad would make it a downgrade imo.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I can get that and it would be a nice sentiment...but that gets washed away from me when you take a dark skinned woman and suddenly "reveal" her true form has glowing white skin. I loath it with all my heart.
It was probably to shock people in a fast way, that's for sure, but I wouldn't have minded if she opened a third eye or grew extra limbs, Stitch style. They had to do the whole "real body is separate" thing anyways due to the gameplay letting you exchange limbs, but her body could have kept the tone if they wanted to. I don't think they'll redesign her, in any case.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Xenoblade DE sold so well that I think they might hold off on this now and keep the momentum going for XC3. It might be risky to burn all that good will on X, which is a devisive game.

I'd like a Switch version though

GARU

Oct 16, 2020
Xenoblade X was the game that made me fall in love with Open World games. Mira still stands as the best open world I've ever experienced.

Would love to play a version with QOL changes like the ones from XCDE that's also portable so I can actually go for 100%.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was probably to shock people in a fast way, that's for sure, but I wouldn't have minded if she opened a third eye or grew extra limbs, Stitch style. They had to do the whole "real body is separate" thing anyways due to the gameplay letting you exchange limbs, but her body could have kept the tone if they wanted to. I don't think they'll redesign her, in any case.
Oh I agree it was probably that.

Honestly I wouldn't have minded any change in design, I love it when characters look different and end vs the beginning.

However taking a dark skinned woman and turning her bright white wasn't the way, like ya said change her up but don't go from PoC to bright as fresh snow.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Xenoblade DE sold so well that I think they might hold off on this now and keep the momentum going for XC3. It might be risky to burn all that good will on X, which is a devisive game.

I'd like a Switch version though

Oh I definitely think they'll do an original game before another definitive edition. But reading the tea leaves, it seems like they've been working on Xenoblade 3 for A While.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I played 90 hrs. on the Wii U and didn't like it a whole lot but I'd be down to give it another chance with XC2 being a thing and knowing that the series won't just be following X.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
I put 200 hours into that game and 100%ed it. Definitely not buying again, that was more than enough lol.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never played any of the Xenoblade games, but I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I really dig the mech design and usage in the gifs and videos I've seen

Dec 23, 2017
Xenoblade 2 was my first xenoblade game, then Xenoblade Definitive Edition was my second.

I never got to play xenoblade chronicles X so I would love it if they re-released it. Then..I'll have all the xenoblade games on one system!

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I had to quit the game in wiiu because the text was infuriating to read. It was so tiny. An upresed version would be much appreciated.

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
You bet your ass I would. My favorite game in the series!

If there's another limited edition I will be there day zero.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
Own it on Wii U. Have kept my Wii U hooked up, 'cause I like video games. Would rather spend my $60 on something new than a shinier copy of something I already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.