• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
Here now. Mama's French Toast with eggs, bacon and hash browns on the side is what I always order. After I'm done eating I pay my bill and clap.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I go they are out of what I want to order.

*I have not been in over 10 years and this only happened twice

Oct 25, 2017
It is not bad. I have been to Cracker Barrel's in a variety of states and the food/service is always consistently good for what it is. Only have ever eaten breakfast there though.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
They've gone downhill. Particularly around the time they stopped using pure maple syrup.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
There's an Alton Brown quote, "it's where southern food goes to die."

I wouldn't be that harsh but if you're in the south and you're just stopping at one cause it's right of the interstate-- i'm sure you could find something yummier and cheaper.

tokyostomp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always make it a stop when I travel. We don't have them locally or I'd have breakfast there every weekend

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I only like to get the chicken fried steak with the white gravy and mashed potatoes. But I have a CB like 5 min from my house so I get it like once every other month.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
There's an Alton Brown quote, "it's where southern food goes to die."

I wouldn't be that harsh but if you're in the south and you're just stopping at one cause it's right of the interstate-- i'm sure you could find something yummier and cheaper.
if you are in the south and stopping at a Cracker Barrel or an IHOP instead of a Waffle/Huddle House you are insane.

Dec 22, 2017
Went once in my life. Only thing I remember is guy with a hunting hat grabbed his toddler aged kid by the arm and yelled at them, and then said "does anyone have a problem with the way I raise my child? Anyone want to say something?"

This was in the middle of 200 breakfast eating patrons, and we all shamelessly sat there in silence.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I kind of hate it. I don't really think it's bad, it's just that everything I get there is the definition of mediocre. 100% of the things I order, I think: I could get this better at X. Also, I live in the south, so it's always filled with the reddest of rednecks.
if you are in the south and stopping at a Cracker Barrel or an IHOP instead of a Waffle/Huddle House you are insane.
Now ya talking.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It's a good restaurant to take older relatives. Inexpensive, appeals to their palate, and they seem to like to fake country nostalgia.

But honestly the food quality is typically significantly lower than what I could cook as an amateur. Line cook meatloaf with ketchup (wtf) <<<<<<<<<<< Julia Childs Meatloaf from the way to cook.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It's a good restaurant to take older relatives. Inexpensive, appeals to their palate, and they seem to like to fake country nostalgia.
My southern-ass grandma refuses to eat at any restaurant that isn't Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. She just likes "southern" food. She cooks way better than the food at both places. It used to be so frustrating because when we would go on family vacations as a kid, we would pretty much have to stop at Cracker Barrel and ONLY Cracker Barrel because of her lmao

B_Spooky13

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Used to go as a kid. But i never been back from the horror stories my buddy told me when he worked there.

Not sure about other ones but he said his was highly racist and he got fired after they found out he was gay

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've never had my food come out at a Cracker Barrel and thought "this food is acceptably warm." No matter what I order the temp is like it came off of heat 20 minutes before I got it.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed Red Robin food and was somewhat surprised it was kind of like a meme among localers.

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually really don't care for it that much, but I won't raise a stink if some older folks I'm with want to go. Neat little puzzles on the tables.

Now I AM a pretty big fan cracker barrel brand cheddar in the grocery store. shit's legit.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Has their racism improved? They were notorious for it a while ago. The food is...okay, but it's only a place I would ever stop at on a road trip, and there's usually better options even then.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I always get the Mama's Pancake breakfast with scrambled + bacon

The closest one to me now is Portland though, 2.5hrs away :/

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cracker Barrel is amazing. Just went there this past week and got the Old Timer's Breakfast. Love their biscuits.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I love it. Fried steak and Chicken & dumplings are my go to dishes.

Old Timer's breakfast is also great with the biscuts & gravy.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
it reminds of the never ending road trips i'd go on with my family as a kid. Besides the band, always thought they had the lamest shit in their gift shop.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
I know they've supposedly changed but I have just always avoided CB because of their history of discriminatory hiring. I remember a lot of protests when they opened the first one near where I live.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Me and my friend are fucking obsessed

We're like the only people there under 60 and we go like every week. The people working there have started to recognize us.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
ya'll ever stop at Shoney's

Way back 20 years ago, they had a pretty good brunch buffet. I unfortunately went a course of years ago and it's definitely targeting a lower price point. Mehta bacon, mac and cheese (why?), and fried chicken. Used to be real eggs, thick cuts of bacon, pan sausage, French toast etc.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love it. They're always located right next to highway exits to. On purpose I'm sure lol

I only have breakfast there. Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and pancakes. Those pancakes are the best I've had, they're crack. I never look at the dinner/lunch menu 🤣

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
I really enjoy the Saturday Chicken and Rice, the Grilled Chicken Tenderloins, and the Grilled Chicken salad. My wife always gets the Meatloaf.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I like the store lol. I dont leave the house much, and even more rarely go to a "general" store. So I always look forward to browsing the random crap and more unusual candy. Food is ok.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Way back 20 years ago, they had a pretty good brunch buffet. I unfortunately went a course of years ago and it's definitely targeting a lower price point. Mehta bacon, mac and cheese (why?), and fried chicken. Used to be real eggs, thick cuts of bacon, pan sausage, French toast etc.
I ask because I haven't seen a Shoney in like 20 years too. For whatever reason, the name popped into my head.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my dad meet there for lunch a lot. The chicken fried steak is pretty good. I would rather go to Waffle House if I was getting breakfast though