• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
After a 4 year radio silence, WB Montreal, the studio behind Batman: Arkham Origins, tweeted out a tease for their next Batman game. The tease was a video of the Bat signal that featured some glimpses at cryptic symbols related to the League of Shadows, the Court of Owls and various factions within Gotham City.

Under normal circumstances, one could chalk this up to just coinciding with Batman's 80th anniversary, BUT the following day, WB Montreal followed it up with clearer images on their Instagram followed by the hashtag #CaptureTheKnight and #CapeSurLaNuit.

AND the author of the popular Batman New 52 arc The Court of Owls, Scott Snyder, did a tweet and delete where he all but confirmed the existence of the evil organization in the game.

Of course this sent people into a frenzy. Not only have they broken their radio silence, but they seem to be hinting towards some sort of new game, AND there just so happens to be a Playstation Event the following day. Well, the State of Play comes and goes, and no sign of the Batman game. That's okay, maybe they'll send out another tease during the week. The week comes and goes, and nothing. The following week comes along, and we haven't gotten anything.

Now it makes me wonder.... well, where is it?

It wasn't at State of Play. The Game Awards have hosted some big reveals in the past, and WB just had a major one last year with MK11, but at 2.5 months away from the initial tease, it just seems too far away. NYCC is this weekend, and while it will host a cool panel for Marvel Games and show off some stuff for Iron Man VR and Avengers, it just doesn't seem like the place for a Batman game reveal.

So, with all that said, do you guys think we'll actually see it soon, or do you chalk this up to poor timing, and maybe it's a Game Awards kind of thing?

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
And as I say this, it seems like some people have actually seen the game

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That's how the industry works.

WB: yeah we are making a lot of Batman movies.

WB games: look at this cryptic Twitter pic containing a clue

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I'm not expecting TGA. I doubt they'd tease something now and then go dark until December.

A reveal could happen soon then.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not going to tease something months before reveal. You know they can just drop a trailer on Youtube and Twitter? They did essentially did the same thing with Arkham Knight.

I expect it within the next couple of weeks.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be at NYCC. Be patient.

LOL at people saying The Game Awards. You don't cryptically tease something and then go silent for three months, wtf.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If people have had hands on with it with previews. then the reveal shouldn't be too far off. Give or take a few weeks.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Some people dead set on NYCC, some people dead set on Game Awards....

If the info that I've just been fed is true, it's coming real soon.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Some people dead set on NYCC, some people dead set on Game Awards....

If the info that I've just been fed is true, it's coming real soon.

IdenticalImportantHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

I saw the post before the edit you snitchity snitch snitch.
I'll be waiting.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Either TGA or we're getting another Kotaku article about the game being rebooted again.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile, all the games journalists have already played it and written up articles but can't tell us anything yet due to NDAs/embargoes.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I just want a Batman Beyond game man. I can accept we're never getting a movie version of it and the comic version of it won't be as good as the cartoon, but dammit I still dream of a Terry game.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just want a Batman Beyond game man. I can accept we're never getting a movie version of it and the comic version of it won't be as good as the cartoon, but dammit I still dream of a Terry game.

It'll happen. May not be for a while but it will happen. Gotta have the faith. Beyond's becoming more popular again, so it has too.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
But the dude has got tons of things right with Titans, how do we know this isn't it?
I scrolled through his IG and it looks like he's just posting info from other places. And some of the stuff he has on there is wrong.

I don't think Thomas Polito would be calming it a Batman game if it were really a Red Hood game. And the tag wouldn't be #CaptureTheKnight if they weren't taking about Bats.
I think "Batfamily" rather than just Batman is plausible.
Yeah, I'm sure that's what we're getting. Question is, which members? Batgirl was set up in Origins, so if it's still Arkham, she's gotta be first in line.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I scrolled through his IG and it looks like he's just posting info from other places. And some of the stuff he has on there is wrong.

I don't think Thomas Polito would be calming it a Batman game if it were really a Red Hood game. And the tag wouldn't be #CaptureTheKnight if they weren't taking about Bats.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what we're getting. Question is, which members? Batgirl was set up in Origins, so if it's still Arkham, she's gotta be first in line.

Hmm fair. Still though, wouldn't mind Red Hood in the game It's got to be a Bat family game at this point. Court of Owls VS the Bat fam

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm fair. Still though, wouldn't mind Red Hood in the game It's got to be a Bat family game at this point. Court of Owls VS the Bat fam
I wouldn't mind him either. If it's an AO sequel though like most seem to think, he won't be in it.

I'd like to see them break away from Arkham continuity though and start a fresh DC game Universe.