Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
EDIT: Playstation employee reading this thread, I would be ok catching Astrobots.

Looks like the 20th Anniversary Twitter for Ape Escape is shutting down after one year....but they left behind an odd solemn series of tweets.
I am fully admitting I reaching with a ten foot pole, but this reads like some sort of project was cancelled. In 2019 they were tweeting about big plans for Ape Escape in the near future, but this seems to indicate that's not happening.

Google translation of tweets.
" Piposal (I enjoyed my 20th anniversary... I was really happy to see everyone after a long time, but it seems like it's time to leave (monkey)) "
"Piposal (Thank you for celebrating the 20th anniversary. There are things I could and couldn't do in the last year, but I have some regrets... I'll escape until the day when I'll get someday)"
" Piposal (See you later!) "

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
A shame. They've teased stuff for a bit.

I don't know why Sony has been so terrible with this franchise. It really should've been a Ratchet style property, with consistent console releases.

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Should sell the IP if they don't want to use it. I would kill for an HD trilogy of the numbered 3.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This smells like a rejected pitch to me. Like something that was never super far along in development. I could be wrong though.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I don't understand why Sony can't make those smaller scope projects for the dozens of franchises they own honestly. Not everything has to be a triple A kind of thing, they could've made something a little smaller in scope than the PS5 Sackboy/Astrobot and a bunch of people would be happy to pay for them.

It would definitely help with having a more constant flow of first party content

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Crash and Spyro came back, please someone just drag Ape Escape back into the limelight, anyone. I'm begging you. I'd even take a remaster trilogy just like Spyro and Crash got.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Between this and the Siren shit, Japan Studio sure does like celebrating absolutely nothing.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This is it. This is the true pain. Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can still feel my sky flyer. They took it from us Pipo Snake!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
as much as i like ape escape, i don't understand people's love for it as a franchise. Only the original is consider good, all its sequel fails to live up to its premise. And the original game was created to showcase the original dualshock controller, nothing more. It's fun for what is it, using the right stick to swing the net to catch those apes but it simply doesn't have the gameplay longevity to make it a franchise. It's the charm of the original that people remembers, not really the gameplay (at least anecdotally).

Oct 25, 2017
and so begins the yall dont really like this thing its nostalgia posts that crash and spyro went thru, or any colorful platformer thats not owned by nintendo for some reason. News flash ppl actually liked these games.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
as much as i like ape escape, i don't understand people's love for it as a franchise. Only the original is consider good, all its sequel fails to live up to its premise. And the original game was created to showcase the original dualshock controller, nothing more. It's fun for what is it, using the right stick to swing the net to catch those apes but it simply doesn't have the gameplay longevity to make it a franchise. It's the charm of the original that people remembers, not really the gameplay (at least anecdotally).

As someone who grew up playing each game as they released, this franchise has a super special place in my heart. It's one of the only sets of games I was able to beat 100% as a kid. Each game was a refinement and more fun to play than the last. The first game, while still good, did not hold up nearly as well as 2 and 3 when I replayed through the series about 5 years ago.

Apr 24, 2018
Sadly never got to play the original (or any subsequent) Ape Escape but have heard nothing but great things about the game. I always stan for Skies of Arcadia, and all of the Ape Escape enthusiasts have my empathy/sympathy...

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because it's a legit great series that has a very unique hook/premise even today.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I don't understand why Sony can't make those smaller scope projects for the dozens of franchises they own honestly. Not everything has to be a triple A kind of thing, they could've made something a little smaller in scope than the PS5 Sackboy/Astrobot and a bunch of people would be happy to pay for them.

It would definitely help with having a more constant flow of first party content
Astrobot on PS5 is a small game. Hence why it's a pack in.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wut? Ape Escape 3 is easily the best one. Best level design and the transformations add a lot to the gameplay. Transformations in AE3 are better than the capture mechanic in Mario Odyssey imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.