• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Unobtrusive way to signal boost
  • OP
    OP
    Wandering Robot
    Oct 25, 2017
    New Orleans
    Oh, hey, if anyone's interested in spreading the word further, an easy way to do it is planting a green ribbon in your avatar, or dyeing it green (like I have). This is the official color of mental health awareness, though you could also plop a little semicolon there instead. It's a mental health/suicide prevention initiative; here's more about it.
    There's also teal and purple for suicide awareness, if that hits closer to home.

Some closing thoughts
  • OP
    OP
    Wandering Robot
    Oct 25, 2017
    New Orleans
    As the month is comes to its end, I thought I'd leave a few words to bring this thread to a natural close.

All I really want to say is that, even as the Mental Health Awareness weeks/days in October lay in the future, I hope the forum remembers that there is no off time for those living with mental illness. Much like our heritage and pride months, the issues, as well as the struggle against stigma and discrimination, don't disappear just because the spotlight's moved on. It's not enough to feel bad when a celebrity dies by suicide or someone has a very public meltdown; as a society, and as a planet, we have to keep the conversation going for those who might not be able to speak for themselves.

We still have a Mental Health OT here on Era year-'round, people keep reaching out, and we should absolutely feel freer to discuss mental illness and its depictions outside those – and this – thread.

Tl;dr,

keep-talking-about-mental-health-9.png

Oh, and

Thanks to everyone who stopped by. May your mental health blossom and life be fulfilling. If you (yes, you) need someone to listen, feel free to drop me a PM anytime.