• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone elaborate on the I identify as an attack helicopter? I've had that as a response for a survey I conducted.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone elaborate on the I identify as an attack helicopter? I've had that as a response for a survey I conducted.

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

It's...yeah. You could probably pass it off as a jab at otherkin, but then you get into the plastic surgery bit...

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
It's...yeah. You could probably pass it off as a jab at otherkin, but then you get into the plastic surgery bit...
now that they explained it... ok, i "get" the humour part, but is not actually a satire about trans people or making fun on them, is a satire about imposing people that are shielding on ANYrights to impose on others. i dont know if its tactless or not, as with this "humour" they wanted more a reflexion on how much some things are getting pushed over the top with some extreme left people/lobbies. (not knowing any of the game, but that reference you explained) you need to understand it in a context where some people just USE sexuality (most of the time, not even theirs), or gender to actually excuse and commit the same behaviours they are suposed to be fighting against

i could only guess that at some point this became a meme whenever someone asked about sexuality/gender as a way to say: whocares?

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If you want to see what's the reality of the Spanish community, check the replies to this Tweet:

Pretty much everyone telling her to stop crying and it's just a meme :/

These replies are making me wish I learned how to say "shut the fuck up terf" when studying Spanish (though I'm surprised at my own ability to parse this transphobia without using a translator)

Jun 2, 2019
I did a quick twitter search and seems like most of the Spanish community is defending the game. In fact the only tweet I saw attacking the game was an English one lol

And I kinda expected it, I'm not trying to justify it but the Spanish people don't care too much about those types of jokes, they are commonly used memes between people. For example the helicopter insult I've seen it a lot of times used as a meme and I've never seen a Spanish person be insulted/mad by it.

Dude wtf? A lot of us here in Spain despise this game and are making campaign against it.

Neat generalization of an entire country that it's actually fighting against bigotry and fascism.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Neat generalization of an entire country that it's actually fighting against bigotry and fascism.
Sometimes i wonder if people in spain know the actual meaning of that word for the "outside world"... i was surprised about how serious that was taken outside, and how liberally we use in spain sometimes. at this point it seems more like an everyday insult for some people...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
South Park is lazy, shitty "satire". Most of those types of shows fuel bigotry, as opposed to tearing it down.

Oct 27, 2017

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Fucking VOX-supporting, alt-right fucking shit. I just can't fucking believe they would use this case to make "a joke, brah". We've just had the Supreme Court putting these pieces of shit in jail for a few more years, which caused a massive uproar in the far-right of this country, and lo-and-behold, this game features exactly that same case.

I did a quick twitter search and seems like most of the Spanish community is defending the game. In fact the only tweet I saw attacking the game was an English one lol

And I kinda expected it, I'm not trying to justify it but the Spanish people don't care too much about those types of jokes, they are commonly used memes between people. For example the helicopter insult I've seen it a lot of times used as a meme and I've never seen a Spanish person be insulted/mad by it.

Oh, spare me this stupid, obnoxious generalization, please.

This was just yesterday. 1.6 million people clamoring against LGBTI+phobia.

Jun 2, 2019
Sometimes i wonder if people in spain know the actual meaning of that word for the "outside world"... i was surprised about how serious that was taken outside, and how liberally we use in spain sometimes. at this point it seems more like an everyday insult for some people...

We got out of a fascist dictatorship less than 50 years ago. Half of the political parties here have direct heritage from said dictatorship and one of them uses fascist mottos and is trying to do things like getting lists of lgbti government workers and directly tried to reduce lgbti, inmigrant and women rights, along with going against free Healthcare and being openly franquist. Did I tell you that those assholes even got in the government thanks to pacts and such?

Do we use the word fascist lightly? Maybe. Are we surrounded by fucking fascists? Yes, we are.

Last edited:

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
User banned (1 week): excusing bigotry
The game is satire. I also think those jokes are unfunny, overused and I can understand why people dislike them. But they are treated as the joke they are. I don't see nothing wrong with this unless you are against black humour as a concept.

Jun 2, 2019
The game is satire. I also think those jokes are unfunny, overused and I can understand why people dislike them. But they are treated as the joke they are. I don't see nothing wrong with this unless you are against black humour as a concept.

I a fan of black humor and I find every instance posted from that game fucking disgusting.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
....this is vile... I would not call this black humour (which I generally enjoy). This is just pure disgusting hate. It's a shame as the starters they designed look pretty cool.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
User banned (1 week): excusing transphobia over a series of posts
We got out of a fascist dictatorship less than 50 years ago. Half of the political parties here have direct heritage from said dictatorship and one of them uses fascist mottos and is trying to do things like getting lists of lgbti government workers and directly tried to reduce lgbti, inmigrant and women rights, along with going against free Healthcare and being openly franquist. Did I tell you that those assholes even got in the government thanks to pacts and such?

Do we use the word fascist lightly? Maybe. Are we surrounded by fucking fascists? Yes, we are.

For my generation that already was like "the old times", its hard to imagine why suddenly things from 50 (or 500) years ago are a present problem. instead of looking into what we have now, and looking into the future, funnyly most of the "progresive" people only like to look into the past these days... (and by the way, you should learn history, that dictatorship was the founder of the current healthcare)

This post is the prime example of what that "helicopter thing" is talking about. you cant try to convice anyone of being tolerant if you start defending your positions insulting those that dont think like you.

Jun 2, 2019
For my generation that already was like "the old times", its hard to imagine why suddenly things from 50 (or 500) years ago are a present problem. instead of looking into what we have now, and looking into the future, funnyly most of the "progresive" people only like to look into the past these days... (and by the way, you should learn history, that dictatorship was the founder of the current healthcare)

This post is the prime example of what that "helicopter thing" is talking about. you cant try to convice anyone of being tolerant if you start defending your positions insulting those that dont think like you.

Yeah, that dictatorship also opened dams, right?

Everything good that Franco did was directly inherited (To say something) from the third republic and then, knowing that it would earn him some goodwill, he took them to completion.

The rest of your post is "See? You're the fascist!"

You can't be seriously talking about homophobes and xenophobes as "People who don't think like you"

Oct 27, 2017

Satire? Making marginalized groups the butt of the joke is satire? Nah. You can try to pass it as humor, but you're just treating the people that you're targeting as the joke. There's very little excuse for it.

Both sides, really? You can't be tolerant of the intolerant, or else you'll give them ground to silence you and all those who disagree.

The rest of your post really tells me everything you didn't want to say out loud. Franco founded the healthcare system? And that magically excuses everything else he did? OK, dude.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

No falla.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): rationalising transphobia

Edit: Poorly worded comment, sorry if it offended someone.

Last edited:

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain

Are you for real? What the fuck is wrong with you? You come here excusing a dictatorship and preaching tolerance? We're not buying that. I don't have any intention of backing down on calling Forocoches out just because they are "joking", come the fuck on. They can piss off.

Onyar

Nov 1, 2017
I had no idea about this drama, I searched the Twitter account of the creator and found some retweet of VOX leader (extreme right party) , so case closed.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Dude wtf? A lot of us here in Spain despise this game and are making campaign against it.

Yeah, I don't get the self-hate when this is a vocal minority and people overwhelmingly support LGBT people, the backlash against the far right is huge, and the Pride is happening right now and is huge.

The far right here is getting lots of backlash, the original sentence of La Manada got insane backlash and was completely reversed by the Supreme Court...

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Am Spanish. Haven't seen anyone complain about these kind of jokes (specially the helicopter one) except on Twitter.

Got LGBT+ friends, and just yesterday we were joking about the apache helicopter meme, and we all were having some good laughs. Yes, even gender-fluid friends. Sometimes they are the ones that laugh the loudest. We all know we don't mean it and just have some fun. They joke about other things that might offend the rest of us too and everything is cool.

Not neccesarily defending this game or some things they joke about, just stating that it's a kind of humor and memes that are pretty common between everyone here in Spain, so the fact that this game exists doesn''t surprise me.
I think the biggest difference between that and this is that when you're joking around with your friends you know it's just for fun. Everyone is (hopefully) on the same page. But it's a bit different when it's something a stranger is saying to you.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Didn't the other famous Spanish fangame - Pokemon Quartz - have - along with terribly designed Pokemon - mole people who were thinly veiled antisemitic caricatures?
I remember some internet Nazi dude tweeting that the best way to redpill someone is to pretend you're joking until the punchline really lands. I'm forgetting who they are now. Except for, you know, being a Nazi.
That was E;R, who makes 'analysis' videos that are almost all bigoted to some degree or another, with his Steven Universe one actually containing a bit at the end explaining how the "(((Gems)))" are ruining society, and he posted that response on Gab, not Twitter. Somehow his YouTube channel is still up despite its entire point seemingly being to propagandise to kids and convert them early.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
These replies are making me wish I learned how to say "shut the fuck up terf" when studying Spanish (though I'm surprised at my own ability to parse this transphobia without using a translator)
"Cierra la puta boca" is a fantastic phrase and you should absolutely use with people like the ones constantly defending this game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The game has been developing for years and it was known for a long time that it would be trash. The people behind this are trash. Nintendo should denounce them for spreading hate messages using their intellectual property.

Jun 2, 2019
The game has been developing for years and it was known for a long time that it would be trash. The people behind this are trash. Nintendo should denounce them for spreading hate messages using their intellectual property.

Oh, tomorrow i'm getting in contact with Nintendo alright.

Kinda tired of people coming to my TL spewing It's dark humor, no it isn't you pos, you don't know WHAT is dark humor.

The game even references the 11M terrorist attack putting a Explosion TM in a situation that reminds to where the bomb blew up. I'm fucking disgusted.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Oh, tomorrow i'm getting in contact with Nintendo alright.

Kinda tired of people coming to my TL spewing It's dark humor, no it isn't you pos, you don't know WHAT is dark humor.

The game even references the 11M terrorist attack putting a Explosion TM in a situation that reminds to where the bomb blew up. I'm fucking disgusted.
See, this is weird. Smaller fangames are instantly cease and desist'd, but for some reason they haven't done anything to something as huge as Iberia. If you accomplish anything, please update!

Also, holy shit. I knew disgusting stuff like the La Manada reference and the helicopter, but I absolutely didn't know about the 11M reference. These pieces of shit need to be stopped ASAP.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan

I know you're banned already, but are we really defending a literal fascist dictatorship that killed thousands, jackbootedly enforced its tradcath values on the entire country, and attempted to exterminate Spain's ethnolinguistic minority groups (principally the Basque and Catalans, the latter in part because of their resistance to the Falangists during and after the Civil War)?

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain

50 years is nothing, dude. Have some perspective.

Jun 2, 2019
50 years is nothing, dude. Have some perspective.

Is even less than nothing in a climate like ours. The far right got out of franquism so fortified that the main right wing party is corrupted to the core and STILL is allowed to enter the government, the other one is a doublefaced moster that tries to get along with minorities while licks the other right and far right parties' ass and the third one is going full franquism AND NOT ONLY NO ONE SAYS ANYTHIG, IT'S DAILY SIGNAL BOOSTED BY THE MAIN TV CHANNELS.

Meanwhile the main left wing party is going full right wing, and when a decent left wing party emerged A FULL FLEDGED POLITICAL POLICE WAS CREATED WITH THE ONLY OBJECTIVE OF TAKING THEM DOWN, AND THEY SUCCEEDED BECAUSE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE CAUGHT RED-HANDED NO ONE DID ANYTHING

And don't get me going with the misterious deaths that happens anytime someone is about to spill the beans on something that can damage the feud the right wing parties have created. Holy shit.

EDIT: Wait, you're spanish. Ok, i'll leave my post here anyway so people can read in what kind of situation we are.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017

I would like to point out how this user not only excused transphobia but a whole sadistic fascist regime that ruled our country for 40 years. A one week ban is a joke.
Is even less than nothing in a climate like ours. The far right got out of franquism so fortified that the main right wing party is corrupted to the core and STILL is allowed to enter the government, the other one is a doublefaced moster that tries to get along with minorities while licks the other right and far right parties' ass and the third one is going full franquism AND NOT ONLY NO ONE SAYS ANYTHIG, IT'S DAILY SIGNAL BOOSTED BY THE MAIN TV CHANNELS.

Meanwhile the main left wing party is going full right wing, and when a decent left wing party emerged A FULL FLEDGED POLITICAL POLICE WAS CREATED WITH THE ONLY OBJECTIVE OF TAKING THEM DOWN, AND THEY SUCCEEDED BECAUSE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE CAUGHT RED-HANDED NO ONE DID ANYTHING

And don't get me going with the misterious deaths that happens anytime someone is about to spill the beans on something that can damage the feud the right wing parties have created. Holy shit.

EDIT: Wait, you're spanish. Ok, i'll leave my post here anyway so people can read in what kind of situation we are.
I feel you, man. And I find anything normalizing the mere existence of Vox simply intolerable. But going down the rabbit hole of old conspiracies doesn't help anyone. To claim that the dozens of thousands of PP members are corrupt criminals and thus the whole organization should be illegalized, that everything to the right of Podemos are radical right-wingers, that no one is investigating the political police, that the few former old af corrupt politicians and businessmen under investigation passing away were actually just taken out... It's all so very convenient for one specific party, but it doesn't quite align with the facts now, does it? There is a lot to fix in Spain that we have inherited from decades of rampant mismanagement and corruption, but this kind of language turns political discourse into a "diálogo de besugos". Don't buy into the tensions that the new local alt right populists like Casado or Abascal are working hard and transparently to generate. The left has the upper hand with a vast majority in parliament, and using this just to call PSOE the new PP only serves to fuck ourselves over like we already did back in 2015 and 2016.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Nintendo takes the game down. It's disgusting.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
The creator of the fangame has stated that he will remove the apache helipcopter joke along with other similar ones in the next patch.

Nevertheless he will replace that option with another one that, when picked, will get the player scouffed at by the Professor because of messing with the spanish language (a joke based of using genderless words, which in the spanish grammar is impossible)