Oct 29, 2017
I have literally so many screenshots from gaming it's not even funny. I fucking love it, my favorite feature from this gen hands down. I feel like a photographer in my video games:p

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great idea, I'm glad MS is following suit. Having one-button access to screenshot and video capture is something I can't do without anymore.

Nov 27, 2017
California
That's their excuse for not allowing us to use our Xbox one controllers on the new system, no share button :(
It's about time it gets one but that's the only thing added from what I've seen in the video

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Share button has been my favorite. I love being able to capture cool moments, read, or combos in fighters.

Also love being able to upload rage quitters.

That's their excuse for not allowing us to use our Xbox one controllers on the new system, no share button :(
It's about time it gets one but that's the only thing added from what I've seen in the video

Thought they said all peripherals are compatible.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only time I use it on Switch is when I accidentally press the wrong button. No one wants to see your game screenshots and recordings. Especially not your gramma on Facebook.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went PS4 only for 60% of this generation and loved used the button. When I made the switch to Xbox One X, I hated the fact that it didn't had a dedicated share button. I'm glad this will be the standard now.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Good, as it should be. I use that thing on the DS4 all the time. Great addition to controllers.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm old and I have no interest in combining my gaming with social media, but as long as the controllers still include the other regular buttons I don't mind.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
I like the way it works on the Switch.
The PS4 implementation feels a bit cumbersome, I only ever find myself pressing it accidentally when I'm looking for the select-button which, I keep having to remind myself, doesn't exist. They really should find a better placement for it that doesn't mirror the option-button, like maybe the top of the controller between the shoulder buttons.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the best features of this gen for me. And I didn't even use it to share anything! Just use it as a screenshot button and made thousands of screenshots from games. Something that I always wanted to do on consoles, but didn't have the ability.

Honestly my favourite new feature of this gen controller-wise is the headphone jack. Shit is ridiculously useful.
This too.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck social media and fuck share buttons. This shit is a cancer upon gaming.
tenor.gif

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I use the Capture button on Switch quite often. Not necessarily to post things online, but also as a memory of a certain event in a game. It's so quick and seamless. I find the Share button to be a bit clunky on the PS4 by comparison.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I never really use the share feature, but I do capture a lot of videos so I'm glad both consoles made the move this gen to make it really accessible for everyone.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I use the Capture button on Switch quite often. Not necessarily to post things online, but also as a memory of a certain event in a game. It's so quick and seamless. I find the Share button to be a bit clunky on the PS4 by comparison.
It works the exact same way if you want it to.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I like the snappy, instantaneous response of the capture button on Switch the best (I also like the feel of it better than the flat/vague things on the DS4, and it sometimes takes a couple seconds for it to tell you that your capture was successful on PS4, which is weird), but I'm glad it's a feature on all consoles now. I hate its implementation on the XB1, so this is a great change. I don't care about instantly sharing, but having the option to do so later is appreciated.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best features on PS4 and Switch. Hell, going back in time a bit, it was amazing on Vita as well.

honestly the share menu feels a lot slower than it did back when the PS4 launched so I'm hoping for a smoother transition with the PS5.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was desperately needed in Xbox's case, the current way of taking screenshots is terrible.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
The PS4 share button is probably my favorite feature on there being used for tens of thousands of pictures and nearly a 100 videos for upload, makes for a great reminder for my memories which I wouldn't normally remember, I hope Sony uses more sites aside from the usual FB (before it got removed) and Twitter, like upload all the photos on the Cloud.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly very useful and convenient feature. Took so many screenshots on PS4.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I love being able to take a photo or a video of a great or funny moment in games.
So I'm glad MS is adapting a real capture button on their next controller.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I love it. I use it really frequently to save memorable screenshots or footage, and it's thanks to this feature (coupled with Sharefactory) that I started uploading gameplay clips to YouTube.

I also have tinnitus and sometimes l'll miss the odd bit of dialogue in a game, so being able to quickly capture footage to review it has been a godsend.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I have no use for it whatsoever, but it's not bothering me, so cool for those who use it.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
It need better implementation on PS controller though. I can't tell whether I already pressed it or not (becase the button is recessed) and there is some delay between button press and screenshot notification so I often came up with several screenshots of the same thing.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It need better implementation on PS controller though. I can't tell whether I already pressed it or not (becase the button is recessed) and there is some delay between button press and screenshot notification so I often came up with several screenshots of the same thing.
This. The button placement and the haptic feedback are horrible, same goes to the option button.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
There are far more important things controllers need to improve on than adding a button for sharing media. The Home button is capable of being used as the basis of important shortcuts, such as Home + Right Shoulder for a screenshot.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
I've never once felt the need to capture and share a gameplay clip, so having a hardware button feels redundant to me. But willing to accept I must be in the minority.

I'm assuming it can be re-mapped though?

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts as well, I think sharing on the Xbox One is quicker than pressing the dedicated share button on PS4. I wouldn't say a dedicated button is needed/necessary faster tbh, hopefully we can remap it

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Doubt I'll ever use it, but makes sense to have it there. It'd be nice if we can program it to do something else if we choose.

Jun 2, 2019
As a compulsive screenshot maker this idea getting standarised is pure happiness.

My screenshot count on Steam, Wii U and Switch is INSANE

Now Microsoft, for fucks sake, ADD GYRO

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly my favourite new feature of this gen controller-wise is the headphone jack. Shit is ridiculously useful.

Yeah, i'm going one step further and say that it's my favourite new feature of this gen of consoles period. As someone who doesn't have a fancy audio set and used to play with the built-in tv speakers, the headphone jack enhanced my gaming experience in a way i can't describe. I hope it's there to stay.

Share button is cool too, but i don't use it often honestly. It was obviously a great idea from the start though.