toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of people seem incapable of ingesting lyrics. I can barely remember the songs for shit but at least I know what they're about

Have these people not gone to a Rage show? How could you miss the point for so long?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Those who died are justified. For wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites.

Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses

Conservatives: La da di do, I wonder what they're singing about?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Conservatives: La da di do

hqdefault.jpg

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Killing in the Name has been a rock radio staple for nearly 30 years, and I guarantee more than half of the people that hear it don't actually listen to the lyrics.
Which is crazy because there's only like 6 lines repeated over and over in the entire song. 8 if you count the lines that add in "fuck you" as different.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I've always known which side of the fence they were on, and I don't even own any of their music. I might have to correct that.. lol. Ruining the fan base, indeed.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That just reads as someone making up outrage, he's never even heard of Rage Against the Machine until today.
Nah, you see this sort of thing all the time given the backlash to things like Black Panther, the SW ST, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel etc.

a huge chunk of people who consume media are the living embodiment of the wowcoolfuture meme.

Oct 27, 2017
Rage against the machine AND PINK?!

Wait, Pink wasn't done yet for this bigoted low life scum either?

I mean, did they just start following her career yesterday?

Fuck they stupid.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't convey my feelings into words so here's a gif representing how I feel.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Wait until they find out about System of a Down...

Killing in the Name is arguably RATM's most famous song. In fact, it's sitting at over 384M plays on Spotify. The song isn't exactly subtle. I have no idea how you could listen to that and come away with any other meaning.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until they find out about System of a Down...

Killing in the Name is arguably RATM's most famous song. In fact, it's sitting at over 384M plays on Spotify. The song isn't exactly subtle. I have no idea how you could listen to that and come away with any other meaning.

Wait until SOAD's drummer finds out about SOAD...

www.resetera.com

System of a Down drummer: Trump is the greatest friend to minorities UP: Has tripled down

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/06/04/system-of-a-downs-john-dolmayan-says-donald-trump-is-the-greatest-friend-to-minorities Note that John and the rest of the band are Armenian. How do you be involved in the writing process of Toxicity and come to this conclusion? To those not really...

Oct 26, 2017
Wait until SOAD's drummer finds out about SOAD...

www.resetera.com

System of a Down drummer: Trump is the greatest friend to minorities UP: Has tripled down

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/06/04/system-of-a-downs-john-dolmayan-says-donald-trump-is-the-greatest-friend-to-minorities Note that John and the rest of the band are Armenian. How do you be involved in the writing process of Toxicity and come to this conclusion? To those not really...

Wow... just wow.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Wait, so the machine they are raging against isn't a literal robot like the terminator?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
These vultures rob everyone
Leave nothing but chains
Pick a point here at home
Yes, the picture's the same
There's a field full of slaves
Some corn and some debt
There's a ditch full of bodies
The check for the rent
There's a tap, the phone, the silence of stone
The numb black screen
That be feeling like home

This ain't subliminal
Feel the critical mass approach horizon
The pulse of the condemned
Sound off America's demise

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity
Assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy
Brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Conservatives' ability to just block out the very existence of anything that disagrees with their worldview is astonishing.

I remember when people were upset Roger Waters "got political" and criticized George W. Bush in a song.

30-D03-A44-D240-48-F7-B320-A05-A59463-B11.jpg

You know, the totally apolitical Roger Waters.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
How fucking stupid are these people? Who the fuck do you think they were talking about? Like what? How? These people have to be trolling right?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nobody tell them what Born in the U.S.A. is about.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
gotta love it.

RATM was what got me into music (and leftist ideas) back as a wee teenager, heard Morello's chunky god-like riff in Bulls on Parade and that was it, i was hooked. almost 25 years later still loving the music, feels as fresh as ever.

i regret never seeing them live and it fucking SUCKS this goddamn demonic virus cancelled their european shows so there's zero chance seeing them anytime soon.

edit: i've even met an alt-right gun loving warmonger idiot who listens to Napalm Death, who are at least as leftist as RATM (but even angrier lol). the idiot probably thinks the name is pro- napalm use or something... right-wingers can be so hopelessly simple and stupid :|

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Any bully who's ever watched an anti-bullying piece of media sees themselves as the victim rather than the bully. We're the heroes of our own stories, so we never see ourselves as the "bad guys" in the media we consume. Even in... very blatant examples like this, I guess