• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Or the ones that have been announced and are taking place in the MCU? Outside of say X-Men 97 which has my interest because it's a continuation of 90s X-Men (PLEASE don't fuck it up) and maybe Spider-Man: Freshman Year because it looks like it's set in an alternate universe to the MCU, I can't say I'm particularly interested. Let's look at what they have and if I'll personally watch.

I Am Groot ...eh
She-Hulk ..maybe?
What If Season 2 well, I didn't care much for Season 1 so we'll see
Secret Invasion I'm somewhat interested
Echo Don't give a damn
Loki Season 2 I did watch Season 1 so I probably will watch this
Ironheart Uh... maybe? Not sure at the moment
Agatha... don't give a rat's ass
Daredevil Born Again... sounds good, but didn't Season 3 of the Netflix show do this story already? (Haven't seen it)

So after all, I have a very passive interest in the upcoming shows. Echo and Agatha I don't give a damn about. (I think they know nobody cares about Echo so that's why they're putting Daredevil and Kingpin in... I'll just watch their scenes on YouTube or something)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I Am Groot: Ehhh, why not.
She-Hulk: Yes!
What If Season 2: Sure.
Secret Invasion: Sure.
Echo: Still surprised this is a thing but I'll watch it
Loki Season 2: Yes!
Ironheart: Fuck Yeah!
Agatha: Same as Echo
Daredevil Born Again: I'm only partway through S1 of Daredevil but it's very good so fuck yeah!

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm REALLY excited for She-Hulk. I know next to nothing about the character but when it was first revealed that this would be a series, it became my top most anticipated.

she-hulk-4th-wall-break.gif

Last edited:

never

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably end up watching at least some part of all of them, but I don't have any level of excitement for anything marvel is doing right now.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to most of them. Wandavision has been my favorite D+ entry so far, so I'm really looking forward to Agatha's return. Daredevil joining the MCU should be fun. Echo was cool in Hawkeye, so I'll watch that. She Hulk should be fun, although #mylawyer is Mr. Saul Goodman, Loki season 1 was fun, so 2 should be good.

I don't care about 90s X-Men and I've lost a lot of interest in Spiderman: Freshman Year since it's now a standalone thing. At this point, if I'm watching something Marvel-related, I want it to be directly connected to the MCU.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I mean, I'm a Marvel fan I'll watch it all but to go in a little more detail:
I Am Groot: I think these are just shorts that we'll be able to binge on the drop. I'm not expecting anything substantial.
She Hulk: I've been wanting Shulkie for YEARS! So yes yes A THOUSANDS TIMES YES!
Echo: I'm kinda surprised you're not at least curious about this Uzumaki Goku since it's going to be heavily tied to Daredevil and probably set up Born Again. I'm mostly interested for that reason but I think the actress was amazing (considering it was her first ever role) in Hawkeye and was sad we just got so little of her.
Loki: Enjoyed S1 so naturally...
Ironheart: Don't really know the character but I'll give it a watch.
Agatha: I'm going to need some more info. Right now I'm just now curious what the show will even be about.
Daredevil: See above

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I am Groot - this is like Sporky Asks a Question or Dug Days. Loved both of those, so am eager to see what they do with Groot...but without Pixar behind it, I'm cautious...ultimately, it's just a little snack, though, so if it makes me smile, I'm good

She-Hulk - love the character, love the actress, eager for the comedy....yes please

What If... Season 2 - I enjoyed the first season a lot, even before it 'came together'....I like little alternate stories, so, yeah, I'm on board

Secret Invasion - sure...Samuel L. will have to carry this one for me

Echo - I liked the character in Hawkeye, loved where the actress came from...I'm curious

Loki Season 2 - The first one ended so terribly, that I'm really hoping this makes up for that...and Season 1 had a lot of weak points that need to be improved

Ironheart - I'll see what I think of the actress and character after Wakanda Forever

Agatha - Kathryn is amazing, but a whole show?....I hope it works

Daredevil - I'm really, really nervous about this. The bar is set so fucking high, that revisiting the same character with the same actor without the same team behind him is just a recipe for disaster. Bring back all supporting cast members and I'll be more optimistic.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Echo is the only one I'm not really excited about but I'll still watch it. The D+ Marvel shows have been mixed but I don't think any of them were bad.

Feb 21, 2022
Loki Season 2: Hell Yes
She-Hulk: Yes
Daredevil: Yes

For everything else I'll wait on viewer impressions/reviews.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly meh in general on the slate of announced shows but I've been that way in general over a lot of the recent MCU stuff.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
She-Hulk looks great.
I Am Groot is a bunch of shorts, but looks fun.

The rest we..basically know nothing about, so dismissing them seems dumb.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She-Hulk is the only show that stands out to me at the moment.

I guess I'll have to watch Loki as well for the lore dump.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
They'll all probably be varying degrees of enjoyable. I'm certain there will be elements among all of them that will bum me out.

I'm not expecting any of these to be particularly ambitious or thematically dense beyond acouple story threads that will be largely wrapped before the final episode.

Overall, I'm in a general state of "yeah, I'll see what they do with it." Except for X-Men and Spider-Man, I'm very excited to see what they do with those. I'm praying Daredevil can recapture what made the Netflix show so compelling.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
echo and agatha are the only two i'm not hyped for. the latter can win me over once we get more details because so far we know nothing about the show. the former just has to be win me over with the final product. i felt they did a horrible job of introducing echo.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic, despite thinking they really shat the bed with the second half of Ms. Marvel... I'm thinking most of those early shows were produced at the height of the pandemic, so hopefully She-Hulk (despite the disappointing CGI) and what follows will be more consistent and better paced.

Can't say I'm not worried they're swinging too hard in the other direction with the DD 18ep long season, but we'll see.

I'm currently looking forward to Secret Invasion and Loki S2. Especially Loki, I thought S1 was pretty great and most consistent out of the first slate of their Disney+ shows.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
echo and agatha are the only two i'm not hyped for. the latter can win me over once we get more details because so far we know nothing about the show. the former just has to be win me over with the final product. i felt they did a horrible job of introducing echo.
Echo's first episode was really cool, but after that she was pretty uninteresting. I'm happy Fisk lived because I didn't feel like that ending with her was earned at all. I'm still going to watch Echo because I watch everything in the MCU, but it's probably the one I'm least interested in, which sucks! Because a a Native American superhero character is very interesting!

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Echo's first episode was really cool, but after that she was pretty uninteresting. I'm happy Fisk lived because I didn't feel like that ending with her was earned at all. I'm still going to watch Echo because I watch everything in the MCU, but it's probably the one I'm least interested in, which sucks! Because a a Native American superhero character is very interesting!
yeah, my issue is the fact that her story felt inconsequential and incomplete. everything with fisk comes at the last minute and makes her overall arc feel shortchanged as result. they should have given her more to do instead of just saving all the interesting stuff for her own show and thus giving everyone a bad impression. felt like they cut a lot of her story, which was proven true after tons of deleted scenes came out focusing on her.

it is great to see a native american super hero show though and it's definitely an important show all things considered. the version of her character on hawkeye just doesn't get me excited though but if anything i want to be completely blown away when it comes out next year.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
After the recent D+ outings they are all kinda low priority entertainment. If I have nothing better to do, I will probably tune in.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably watch a few What If episodes but not all of them like the 1st season

She Hulk and Secret Invasion are in the "wait and see if they're good" camp.

Will watch Loki S2

I'll care a lot more about Agatha if Wanda is in it too.

Very cautious about Daredevil, those Netflix shows had a very different feel to the Disney+ era.

No opinion on anything else

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Mildly excited for some things, but not sure it would be enough to renew our D+ subscription now that the 3 year intro sub is coming to an end. Will probably let our sub lapse until Mando 3 at the earliest, and then catch some of these shows later on.

I Am Groot - No real interest, but if it gets positive reception, maybe.
She-Hulk - Yes, and I think people who are downplaying this are crazy. Tatiana Maslany is a terrific actress, and She-Hulk is a fantastic addition to the MCU.
What If Season 2 - If it's slightly better than the first, sure. Otherwise, eh, not a huge draw.
Secret Invasion - 100%
Echo - Forgot this was a thing.....ehhhhhh
Loki Season 2 - I think Loki is my second favorite after WV of the D+ shows, so will definitely want to see S2.
Ironheart - Depends on which angle they take, but has potential. We'll know after Wakanda Forever.
Agatha - Have a hard time seeing how they could recreate the magic of WV, and not super interested in Agatha as a character. So eh again.
Daredevil Born Again - I only caught bits and pieces of the Netflix show, so excited to see this character introduced proper into the MCU.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only cartoon I will watch is What If, but I will watch all the live action stuff. Most looking forward to Werewolf by Night actually though that just a special.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm open to everything, but until we get a trailer, it's hard to really give an opinion because we don't really know much. Groot sounded pretty skippable when I didn't know anything about it besides being animated shorts but it looks charming.

I do echo the sentiment of others that I hope they are able to work out the issues where Covid impacted production or they have growing pain issues with the format. The TV format is something I feel Marvel hasn't quite dialed in with episode length, pacing, and starting most as a limited series. It's like they have a bit too much time for a contained story that could make a single movie but stretching it out into a series that they don't know if they will even get a second season for seems like it can be weird. part of it seemed like Feige felt they could promise Disney a certain amount in terms of time for Disney+, but then they had to figure out what that meant after, and Covid hitting really was terrible timing.

Marvel Television stuff had maybe a worse track record on the whole in terms of consistency (even if it had arguably higher highs at a few points), so I'm not exactly down on Marvel Disney+ yet, especially since they knew the whole thing was experimental. They started with Wandavision doing sitcoms mixed with drama and mystery ffs. It is interesting to see Marvel Studios integrating the Marvel Television stuff with Daredevil. It feels like they are starting the next phase.

Last edited:

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
The shows so far have been very varying in quality, so based on that I think it is hard to be just plain excited for all of it. What has been good has been legitimately great though, so I will definitely check out all of them.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After WandaVision, I really haven't been grabbed by a D+ Marvel show up until Moon Knight came out. Hawkeye was my most anticipated, and ended up being my least favorite next to TFaWS when it was done. She-Hulk would probably be my most anticipated ever just for my love of the character, but based on the past D+ shows, I have doubts. I'd rather go in with zero hype, feelings, or excitement just to have a blank canvas before watching. I think I'll just wait until all the eps are done and will dive in.

Echo got a really big push in the comics lately, so I get Marvel wanting to do something with her. With Daredevil…I just don't expect them to reach the highs of the Netflix series.

Kathryn Hahn is a fun actress, but I don't need an Agatha show. I feel like Marvel jumped the gun on that one.

I enjoyed What If for what it was. Looking forward to S2.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
She Hulk and Loki 2 are the only ones I'm interested in. Honestly the volume of shows is just a bummer to me since IMO it just makes following the cinematic universe more troublesome. I haven't even watched Doctor Strange 2 because I haven't watched Wandavision and it kinda seems I'd be missing a lot by not doing so. But I tried to watch Wandavision and I just couldn't get into it and it sucks that I feel that I have to just slog through it in order to understand a movie I'd like to watch.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Echo and Agatha show are the weakest link to me right now.
Only interested in Echo because of more Daredevil/Matt, but absolutely have 0 interest in the Agatha show right now.
I understand Agatha was pretty entertaining in Wandavision, but there's WAY too many other Marvel characters that deserve their own MCU project than Agatha.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Echo I could take or leave, as long as they flesh her out a bit more it could be OK.
But everything else I'm excited for.

Personally I feel like the Marvel shows didn't start strong, but they've been getting better almost every show lately to where the last 2 or 3 I thought have been great.
If they can keep that momentum into their next batch of shows I'll be very happy.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Cautiously optimistic for Daredevil but will not be surprised if they flubb it

TBH I don't really like any of the SW or MCU D+ shows which to me are elongated movies with pacing and budget issues.

We'll see.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
She-Hulk and Loki have my attention but Disney+ MCU offerings haven't been to my taste lately. "What if" is very much in the "idgaf" category for me, I don't want to watch rat face renner in anything, I never ended up watching Moon Knight, etc. Ms Marvel is something I should binge but I think I need some breathing room after being fairly underwhelmed with the latest Disney shows I watched.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
No interest in any of them given the quality of the recent shows. I guess I might watch Daredevil but I have very low expectations.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm as interested in the concepts as I was for the first slate. Unfortunately, the quality of the first slate of shows has me pretty skeptical about how the upcoming ones will turn out. They always look promising, and they usually start strong. But they all seem to falter in the same way.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is all a dream come true for me.

I really want to know more about Secret Invasion.