captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Why do people keep saying this? It's such a dumb point. Why would they remember the face of some kid they met decades ago? And you say "really great friend" as if he isn't someone they knew for maybe a couple weeks at most
its not even a couple of weeks, its literally 1 week, they spell it out in the movie.

and yea i can't remember some friends faces i spent years with in middle school or high school. Let alone 1 dude i met for a week.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At least it's nowhere near as fucked up as other movies from the 1980s I could mention, lol. *Cough*RevengeOfTheNerds*Cough*

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

58d531d89c9c57240b5dbd469cfb37b9.jpg

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah it's got issues.

Man I love Mulaney and I know he's exaggerating for the bit, but I'm kind of annoyed by this routine for how often it's brought up in casual conversation by people who've clearly never seen the original movie and take it as fact that the plot of Back to the Future is about a dude who goes back in time so he can fuck his mom.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The question is, did he rape her in the original timeline? Before Marty changed everything

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man I love Mulaney and I know he's exaggerating for the bit, but I'm kind of annoyed by this routine for how often it's brought up in casual conversation by people who've clearly never seen the original movie and take it as fact that the plot of Back to the Future is about a dude who goes back in time so he can fuck his mom.

yea, thats kind of the exact opposite of what happens in the movie

he accidentally goes back in time, and his mom inadvertently wants to fuck him

Marc Maron's character in GLOW does a much better job of describing the movie, but i cant find a clip of it

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest plot hole is the torn letter that Marty gives to doc.

We're lead to believe that Doc collects the letter that he tore up and threw away and then patched it back together, which is feasible. Unfortunately Marty goes back to that very same moment again and the doc passes out removing his possibility of collecting the letter meaning he would have been killed by gangstas and the space time continum would have massively fucked up.
He never throws it away, he rips it up but then the cable gets unplugged so he gets distracted and puts the tornup letter in his pocket.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
How about how everyone walked by and ignored her getting molested. And only came by after he got knocked out to see if he was ok, nobody else checked to see if she was ok. Not to mention how Marty tried to take credit for shit he didn't do(the whole rock n roll scene).

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest plot hole is the torn letter that Marty gives to doc.

We're lead to believe that Doc collects the letter that he tore up and threw away and then patched it back together, which is feasible. Unfortunately Marty goes back to that very same moment again and the doc passes out removing his possibility of collecting the letter meaning he would have been killed by gangstas and the space time continum would have massively fucked up.

He never drops the letter pieces...

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
yea, thats kind of the exact opposite of what happens in the movie

he accidentally goes back in time, and his mom inadvertently wants to fuck him

Marc Maron's character in GLOW does a much better job of describing the movie, but i cant find a clip of it
I do remember that scene and yeah, it does a better job accurately representing the movie.

A lot of the stuff Mulaney complains about is explained in the movie, but it's all in good fun if you're familiar with it. Less so when your obnoxious film buff friends won't give it a chance because to them it's the movie where Michael J. Fox tries to get with his mom.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Surely something in their mind will click in the 80s when they see Calvin Klein underwear start showing up in stores, kind of a "where have I heard that name before" moment? They won't completely forget "Calvin", it's not like they were little kids, they were borderline adults at the time.

I get what you're saying, but then they'd need to make the massive leap of their son traveled back in time. Zero chance they make that leap, would never even occur to them, as it shouldn't occur to them

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I do remember that scene and yeah, it does a better job accurately representing the movie.

A lot of the stuff Mulaney complains about is explained in the movie, but it's all in good fun if you're familiar with it. Less so when your obnoxious film buff friends won't give it a chance because to them it's the movie where Michael J. Fox tries to get with his mom.
Also, Back to the Future is a great name because it subverts expectations. Marty has to go back to his own time, which is what everybody else sees as the future.

Oct 28, 2017
Why dont they also remember they named their kid after a guy who looked exactly like the kid when he grew up. That always got me

Oct 25, 2017
George became so OP that he wanted the opportunity to flex on Biff every single weekend in front of his wife to continually assert dominance
He's cordial in public but when he and Biff are alone shit gets really fucked up
Thats kind of where I go with it. Biff and George's relationship did a 180 so now it's George demeaning Biff. On one hand, he totally deserves it, on the other it's still kind of screwed up.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
My biggest mental issue with the film is understanding how even though everyone else around him changed, the new Marty Mcfly generated from the changes in the timeline still ended up living basically the same life that had him in the same exact mall parking lot with Doc Brown in 1985.

Also what happened to that marty's Memories? Do they overwrite the old marty's Memories when he returns from the the past? Or did past Marty basically end up killing future Marty by erasing all his good child hood memories and only remembering the old timeline bad ones? Or did all the memories merg together??? And when did this memory loss/gain/merg take place, the moment the photos restored itself or when he went back to the future? And why were his brother and sister in the exact same pose and cloths if they had a now different upbringing? Ugh my head hurts now.

Oct 25, 2017

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
One of Crispin Glover's problems with the film and part of the reason Zemeckis used a fake Glover in the sequel is his problem with the ending.

How focused the ending was on consumerism and being materially rewarded in cosmic ways. It is a movie of its era. It's cartoonish and represents the kind of thing which would happen in a serial. The bully ends up washing your new swanky American muscle car as you kiss your girlfriend.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Biff turned into his slave and was completely subservient to him. I think it was a case of Biff letting George treat him exactly like George wanted to.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
One of Crispin Glover's problems with the film and part of the reason Zemeckis used a fake Glover in the sequel is his problem with the ending.

How focused the ending was on consumerism and being materially rewarded in cosmic ways. It is a movie of its era. It's cartoonish and represents the kind of thing which would happen in a serial. The bully ends up washing your new swanky American muscle car as you kiss your girlfriend.

let's face it...
kissing is gross

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
My biggest mental issue with the film is understanding how even though everyone else around him changed, the new Marty Mcfly generated from the changes in the timeline still ended up living basically the same life that had him in the same exact mall parking lot with Doc Brown in 1985.

Also what happened to that marty's Memories? Do they overwrite the old marty's Memories when he returns from the the past? Or did past Marty basically end up killing future Marty by erasing all his good child hood memories and only remembering the old timeline bad ones? Or did all the memories merg together??? And when did this memory loss/gain/merg take place, the moment the photos restored itself or when he went back to the future? And why were his brother and sister in the exact same pose and cloths if they had a now different upbringing? Ugh my head hurts now.
I mean the chance that all three kids would be born, the exact three kids, all the exact same age is pretty much impossible anyway. I mean you have sex on a different time a different day, means a different sperm reaching mama. These two lived completely different lives. It's best not to think about it :P

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

People use that as a reason for why Marty gets so enraged when someone calls him a chicken, when he didn't care about it before: the "new" marty didn't like it, the old marty didn't care.