Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many cool designs I don't even know if I could pick just one. Instead I'll just add a few I think are really rad and haven't seen so far:

91f39g.jpg

Stingmon

e5jy3l.jpg

Imperialdramon Fighter Mode

jkhnh3.jpg

Lobomon

2e0qveu.jpg

Etemon

30c7hw7.jpg

Beetlemon

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
orochimon.png

I love how Orochimon is just an ordinary snake monster who got itself seven cybernetic heads.

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
150px-Gumdramon5_2.jpg

Gumdramon

And

latest

Shoutmon!

These two are a butter newer, so maybe you're a bit unfamiliar with them, however, I feel they overall just look cuter/more appealing to me when compared to something like Agumon.

Of course, I've got some runner ups too!

latest

Renamon

latest

Veemon

latest

Terriermon

240px-Gatomon.jpg

Gatomon

&

200px-Guilmon_20thshop.jpg

Guilemon!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's easy to probably joke about it but even as a kid I loved Angemon and Angewomon's designs.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of great stuff has already been posted. So for the sake of something different, instead of repeating any of those, I'll go with Deckerdramon:
deckerdramonm3d0p.jpg

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of tangential, but when I first saw any of it I though it was kind of stupid how every monster's name ended in -mon, but if you treat it like a file extension a lot of the names work really well and follow the kind of purely functional, not any longer than necessary kind of naming that a lot of files in actual games tend to use.

birdra.mon
skullgrey.mon
tento.mon
wizard.mon
gabu.mon

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of tangential, but when I first saw any of it I though it was kind of stupid how every monster's name ended in -mon, but if you treat it like a file extension a lot of the names work really well and follow the kind of purely functional, not any longer than necessary kind of naming that a lot of files in actual games tend to use.

birdra.mon
skullgrey.mon
tento.mon
wizard.mon
gabu.mon
That's real cool.

Headcanon added.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017

birdra.mon
skullgrey.mon
tento.mon
wizard.mon
gabu.mon

That sounds nice but probably not intentional.
The -mon suffix comes from the franchise V-Pets roots; Digimon was born to be a fighting Tamagotchi spinoff aimed at young boys and since every Tamagotchi monster name ended with the -chi suffix Digimon mirrored that with -mon.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Definitely Angemon, I have such fond memories of when he first appeared in the original anime.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_mcdhz92O1f1r72ht7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mguswo51LH1s1vt4mo1_500.gif

Edit.. just beaten damn lol

IzzyRX Great minds think alike

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
You know what, lets give Imperialdramon DM some love too.

Imperialdramon.jpg

And why not list even more Numemons.
Numemon.jpg
Blackkingnumemon.jpg

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Angemon, I have such fond memories of when he first appeared in the original anime.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_mcdhz92O1f1r72ht7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mguswo51LH1s1vt4mo1_500.gif

Edit.. just beaten damn lol

IzzyRX Great minds think alike

Yep that would be my pick as well. I love how they treated Patamon's digivolution line in the anime. You knew when Patamon reached the next stage shit was about to go crazy.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Hijack!

What's the best Digimon game on current consoles/PC? I've seen like, zero of these Digimon before because I have never really played any of the games or watched the show.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Beelzemon, Black Wargreymon, Devimon, Lady Devimon, Puppetmon, Wizardmon and many more I forgot are among my favorites.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No mention of Patamon? Era, you monsters. Look how adorable it is.

PATAMON.jpg

Even it's evil recolour, Tsukaimon, is great.

69323b4211e83379d16ae08aa4478bd1.gif

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the normal power level digimon in Digimon 01 (im not usually into the edgy shit when they evolve), and some of the villains like puppetmon, but I have a sweet spot for Agumon, Gatomon and Renamon.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Must be Beelzemon

It has the edginess of Shadow the Hedgehog but without looking corny from the terrible writing from sonic games

Mar 9, 2018
I'm partial to a lot of the creature or animal looking digimon. Gatomon, Lopmon, Cherubimon, Togemon, Birdramon, Numemon, Patamon, Palmon, Gomamon, Ikakumon, Renamon, Renamon's evolution, Metal Greymon, etc. I also like some of the humanoids like the Angemons, Lillymon, Devimon, Shurimon, Piedmon, Lucemon's second form. It's the royal knights that I do not like. Their designs are over done. Ominmon is the best Royal Knight but that's not saying much.

And the worst part is that the franchise pushes them so much.

Royal Knights, leave the digital world! You disrupt the balance. Balance of what? Balance of the uhhhh, *checks Digimon nonsensical techno babble notes*, holy on-premise cloud infrastructure. Yeah, that's it. Shoo.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I love Digimon designs. They run the gamut of cute to cool to creepy and everything in between, and they aren't afraid to be utterly ridiculous and insane. My favorite Digimon has always been Togemon:
Togemon.jpg
Same here, it's amazing in its simplicity

It's a cactus

With fucking boxing gloves

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
As a kid, I loved all of the Digimon Adventure villains. They were BAD. I mean, they were literally trying to kill the kids. Whenever Devimon, Etemon, Myotismon or Piedmon appeared on screen, they always felt threatening and fascinating.

From a design standpoint, Devimon has to be my favorite. It's still cool af even today, and he was rocking the belts before, during and after it was cool. I love his sleek look, his long legs and arms look terrifying, love the one single red finger on his hand.

images