Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
RIP to him, but he was manipulated into participating in an unjust invasion, the fallout of which continues to destabilize a large portion of the world.
He gave up his career as a professional athlete and then gave up his life for his country. There is no comparison, Tillman is much more admirable, without question, than a person who kneels for a flag that over 100,000 black people fought and died for in the Civil War. The same flag Pat Tilmann died for. The same flag that Kaepernick says he will not stand for because it oppresses black people. His words, not mine. To call Kaepernick more admirable than Tilmann would be a willful denial of my own reasoning capacity.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Sounds like a no then
If he was worth a damn a team would come calling, seeing as plenty of other players get multiple chances.

Facts are Kap got found out because he's a great athlete but an average QB, coordinators caught on to him and he never developed past it. 49's cut bait and Kap hasn't helped himself out since then. No owner is going to deal with all the hurdles to hire a journeyman.

ManUtd

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden/Norway
If he was worth a damn a team would come calling, seeing as plenty of other players get multiple chances.

Facts are Kap got found out because he's a great athlete but an average QB, coordinators caught on to him and he never developed past it. 49's cut bait and Kap hasn't helped himself out since then. No owner is going to deal with all the hurdles to hire a journeyman.

Thumbs up dude!

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, people, as usual, are quick to throw EA under the proverbial bus, but licensees must adhere to the rules of the licensors.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
He gave up his career as a professional athlete and then gave up his life for his country. There is no comparison, Tillman is much more admirable, without question, than a person who kneels for a flag that over 100,000 black people fought and died for in the Civil War. The same flag Pat Tilmann died for. The same flag that Kaepernick says he will not stand for because it oppresses black people. His words, not mine. To call Kaepernick more admirable than Tilmann would be a willful denial of my own reasoning capacity.

What I said is the same exact thing Pat Tillman's own brother would say. And black people didn't die for no flag in the Civil War. They fought to end the oppression of black people. The same thing Kaepernick kneels for.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I always scratch my head when people say Kap isn't good enough for a roster spot.

Brandon Weeden is on a roster and he's nowhere near Kap and don't get me started on scrubs like Blake Bortles...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017
Wtf is this post?

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

f7FdEdG.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

So he isn't as good as RG3? Or Brett Hundley? Or Ryan Mallett? TJ Yates? Tom Savage? Brock Osweiler?

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain to me how Kaepernick's abilities as a QB has any relevance to him getting cut out of a song in a videogame.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain to me how Kaepernick's abilities as a QB has any relevance to him getting cut out of a song in a videogame.

It doesn't. Chances are it is because the NFL said to remove the lyric of the song. Since they are in a legal battle since Kaep has a lawsuit against the NFL at this very moment.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I always scratch my head when I remember that Brandon Weeden is on a roster but not Kap...
One brings a circus the other doesn't, also Weeden has a cannon and can learn a pro style offense. Lastly he's a better mentor to a rising star in Watson which is his primary role for the Texans.

You don't bring in Kap to be a backup because of the circus and he isn't good enough to be a starter, his actions led to teams not willing to take a flyer on him.

Oct 25, 2017
One brings a circus the other doesn't, also Weeden has a cannon and can learn a pro style offense. Lastly he's a better mentor to a rising star in Watson which is his primary role for the Texans.

You don't bring in Kap to be a backup because of the circus and he isn't good enough to be a starter, his actions led to teams not willing to take a flyer on him.

So its not about its whether he sucks or not?

Wow who knew

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
What I said is the same exact thing Pat Tillman's own brother would say. And black people didn't die for no flag in the Civil War. They fought to end the oppression of black people. The same thing Kaepernick kneels for.
They fought for the Union. And the Union adhered to ideals and principles that freed black people of oppression. The flag doesn't mean the world is in a perfectely egalitarian state of affairs, a utopia. It means there are principles which we should strive for. The Union strived for those, even if not everyone as important as Lincoln understood them. And just because you don't believe people thought that, doesn't mean they didn't.

By the way, Kaepernick restructured and opted out of his contract with the 49ers because he knew he wouldn't start for them. And he took his chance on the market, that hurt him. He absolutely would have been on a team had he not restructured, he just wouldn't have been playing. But that's business, lots of teams have backups that could be starters elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
They fought for the Union. And the Union adhered to ideals and principles that freed black people of oppression. The flag doesn't mean the world is in a perfectely egalitarian state of affairs, a utopia. It means there are principles which we should strive for. The Union strived for those, even if not everyone as important as Lincoln understood them. And just because you don't believe people thought that, doesn't mean they didn't.

By the way, Kaepernick restructured and opted out of his contract with the 49ers because he knew he wouldn't start for them. And he took his chance on the market, that hurt him. He absolutely would have been on a team had he not restructured, he just wouldn't have been playing. But that's business, lots of teams have backups that could be starters elsewhere.

He was going to be released if he didn't opt out

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They look pathetic when they keep going on about equality and how great they are with it all though, until it could hurt their profits that is.
Again, this isn't a decision made by EA. And simply refusing to adhere to the license rules (and thus losing the license) would be a devastating blow against EA (not to mention how the people behind the Madden games would probably be quickly without a job). This isn't really something that can be "pinned" on them, and it's not like that suddenly invalidates all the work they've done through their own franchises in terms of better representation for everyone.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Imperalist military worship: the post.
The Civil War is imperialist now? That's quite a revision. If ending slavery is imperialist, I'll gladly take it.
He was going to be released if he didn't opt out
I'm talking about during the season, he restructured his contract because he wanted the opportunity to play. He had a clause that guaranteed him money if he got hurt. The 49ers didn't want to guarantee his salary for another year and have to pay even more the year after that.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
that was a quick swerve from "if he was worth a damn a team would come calling" to "well he might be worth a damn but that baggage tho"

sweet

I am abstaining from this discussion
That isn't what I said at all, but go ahead. I agreed with you there are schlubs getting playing time for teams, and my post pointed out that he's a schlub with baggage.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

Have we had this discussion before? Do you get presented facts... then disappear.... then pop again with the same unproven opinion (which is not a fact).

Again Kaepernick 72TDs 30Ints in his career.

Oh he's been figured out? Just an athlete.

Last year of his career after coming back from injury (3 surgeries) when it was obvious he lost weight...but still gain weight as the season went along... put up

16tds 4ints 90QB Rating in alittle more than half a season. Again his last time on the field.

on a really bad offense personnel, with Chip Kelly being fired after the season.

Now am I saying Kaepernick proved to be TOP 10 or should be up there with the Top QBs... imo that wasn't a true season to see where he should be at. Because of the personnel and coaches. He also looked his worse ever with his deep pass consistency, but that again seemed to stem from regaining consistent strength after those surgeries.

But he definitely wasn't "figured out".

You go hide again until the next Kaepernick thread.

Edit-
also Weeden has a cannon

Blinking.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about during the season, he restructured his contract because he wanted the opportunity to play. He had a clause that guaranteed him money if he got hurt. The 49ers didn't want to guarantee his salary for another year and have to pay even more the year after that.

What does that have to do with whether or not he is on a team now? 49ers weren't going to keep him so what difference does it make?

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a private company, they can censor who they want, is at least the phrase I keep hearing when it comes to people who like to justify censorship

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017

This is too funny if not for the circus he will bring, he will still be in the league , and I guarantee you if he was like the top 3 QB in the game right now the owners will eat it up as long as they have a chance for super bowl.

Also irrelevant to the topic, but the Houston Astro just signed Roberto Osuna even though there was a video of him beating the shit out of his girlfriend he only got 75 game suspension and bam the Astros stilled signed him cause they know it will increase their chance of a World Series cause his that good even though there's public backlash on the dude.

Colin isn't top 5 but his definitely between 10-15. All this sport owner bunch of hypocrite

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That isn't what I said at all, but go ahead. I agreed with you there are schlubs getting playing time for teams, and my post pointed out that he's a schlub with baggage.

you literally responded with that "he's right, you know" gif to a post that said, and I quote, "If he was worth a damn a team would come calling, seeing as plenty of other players get multiple chances"

but go ahead

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We wouldn't want baby snowflakes on the right to get triggered by the mention of the bad black man's name! EA made the right call here. Who knows how many portals to hell could have opened if He Who Must Not Be Named was actually named and good, decent football lovin' folk heard it? Why I reckon' that'd be the end of the world right there, I tell you what.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
you literally responded with that "he's right, you know" gif to a post that said, and I quote, "If he was worth a damn a team would come calling, seeing as plenty of other players get multiple chances"

but go ahead
And I'm saying he's not worth a damn. I'm not seeing where the confusion should be coming from.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
He gave up his career as a professional athlete and then gave up his life for his country. There is no comparison, Tillman is much more admirable, without question, than a person who kneels for a flag that over 100,000 black people fought and died for in the Civil War.

Yeah, I'm sure if all those black people were brought back to life they'd be so impressed by how America treats their race 150 years later they'd admonish Kaepernick for a silent protest during a fucking football game.

And why did you say, "His words, not mine" as if he said something negative/wrong? He's absolutely fucking right. Black people are systemically oppressed in America. You sound like one of those "post-racial-America" types.