• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
System: i7 8700K @5ghz , GTX 1080 Ti, 32gb RAM DDR4
Holy hell my dudes, I'm hoping at least a 1060 with 16 gigs of ram and an i5 can pull off some good performance at 1080p.
I'd be totally down to at least dabble in playing the game at a proper FPS lol, but after dumping close to 200hrs on the game at release on my wii u I think I'm BotW'd out for a while. That's really my only lasting complaint with BOTW, despite being expansive and open world. It's the first zelda game ever where I haven't really felt like replaying it. Off topic but I've been thinking about making a thread on the subject of replayability of open world games in general as I think that'd be an interesting discussion.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Aw I wanted to make this thread but was waiting on Jediyoshi to get done with his improvements video.

Some stuff he already made

How does Xenoblade X runs on the last update?
Runs pretty good.

I'd disagree. It looks better at 4K than it ever looked before and performs much better than both Wii U and Switch versions.
Remember when people said it would be years and we said probably by Christmas? Feels gud.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is the thing where people start phasing in and out of existence at 3:05 from the Wii U version or the emulator? I haven't seen this on my Switch before
emulator, likely due to "full sync gx2drawdone" being disabled which makes emulation less accurate but disabling it is the only way to keep a near solid 60 fps in towns.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the performance gamed in BoTW is via third party workarounds, so it's not entirely the emulator itself.
It's more due to the dual and triple core support now, not cemuhook. Unless you mean fps++ which is a Cemu feature through graphics packs.

I wonder if an i5-4690k @ 4.5 could 60/1080. Shame it can't be more gpu focused.
Is it overclocked? I get about 50fps on average with a 3570k @4.6ghz and fps++ enabled.

Holy hell my dudes, I'm hoping at least a 1060 with 16 gigs of ram and an i5 can pull off some good performance at 1080p.
I'd be totally down to at least dabble in playing the game at a proper FPS lol, but after dumping close to 200hrs on the game at release on my wii u I think I'm BotW'd out for a while. That's really my only lasting complaint with BOTW, despite being expansive and open world. It's the first zelda game ever where I haven't really felt like replaying it. Off topic but I've been thinking about making a thread on the subject of replayability of open world games in general as I think that'd be an interesting discussion.
What i5 specifically? Your graphics card is overkill and ram is more than enough.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
I'll have to check this out.

Noob question: What's the best to play it if you don't want to pirate it? I have the Wii U disk. Can CEMU run from the DVD drive like PCSX2 or do I need to rip an ISO?
You'll have to use a real Wii U to rip the discs, since Nintendo's proprietary discs are unreadable to most PC disc drives.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's more due to the dual and triple core support now, not cemuhook. Unless you mean fps++ which is a Cemu feature through graphics packs..

Yeah, I was mostly talking about Cemuhook. That's good to know that it's more of the emulator these days.

I wonder how Bayonetta 2 performs on the new update since I know it had a shit ton of audio issues.

Djawed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd disagree. It looks better at 4K than it ever looked before and performs much better than both Wii U and Switch versions.
There's always little hiccups or visual glitches some places. The hiccups are more frequent but even with very few minor glitches i still dont like the fact them happening.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i7 2600k considered old for CEMU? I have mine running at 4.6 but I've heard you need a modern cpu to run the games properly.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The latest CEMU update is incredible. Playing in ultrawide at 60fps+:

N7l1lMg.jpg

Bv0ghIC.jpg

Wow, this looks amazing. The resolution actually does justice to the game's art style. Looking back, the resolution on the switch really doesn't do this game justice.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The footage in your video looks weird, it's not just 60fps, it looks like it's sped up. I guess this emulator still relies on weird speedhacks and shit? The animation in this game in general looks really off at 60fps.

I think I'd prefer hack that massively increases the LOD quality.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
All of the words are messed up and some of the exclamation points are in the wrong place and upside down.

Nice try, PC players.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Felt a little dizzy watching it. It looked like it was sped up, maybe that's why. It looks very pretty, though.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The footage in your video looks weird, it's not just 60fps, it looks like it's sped up. I guess this emulator still relies on weird speedhacks and shit? The animation in this game in general looks really off at 60fps.

I think I'd prefer hack that massively increases the LOD quality.
it's not sped up, I thought it was too first time I saw it but it's just weird seeing it play so smoothly for most people. The current FPS mod directly modifies the games code so it's a bit more in depth than speedhacks, I can switch between Switch and Cemu without problem, they feel identical.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To everybody who is afraid if you can run this thing:

I builded a Retro PC just for emulators (i3 6100 [email protected] / GTX 1050 2GB / 8GB DDR4 2100 RAM) and I can run BOTW at 1440p with high resolution shadow patch and get 30 - 50fps. I locked it at 30fps though. Plays like a dream.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
To everybody who is afraid if you can run this thing:

I builded a Retro PC just for emulators (i3 6100 [email protected] / GTX 1050 2GB / 8GB DDR4 2100 RAM) and I can run BOTW at 1440p with high resolution shadow patch and get 30 - 50fps. I locked it at 30fps though. Plays like a dream.

Thats really incredible. I hadn't seen the game emulated before and I can't get over how good it looks.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
It looks strange. The walking is off.. and the higher resolution doesn't suit the graphic style they had. I'm on my laptop monitor.. but still it looked more pleasing playing off my Switch on my TV then in that video.

Loganclaws

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I never played the game before, animations don't look weird to me at all. Could it be that people who played it are used to 30 fps and that's why it looks weird or sped up to them?

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
At clearer higher resolutions those pop-ins are much more jarring here

Is it possible for CEMU people to allow improving pop-ins/LOD/Draw distance whatever in this game?

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
At clearer higher resolutions those pop-ins are much more jarring here

Is it possible for CEMU people to allow improving pop-ins/LOD/Draw distance whatever in this game?
It's not impossible, but it also strikes me as unlikely to happen. It would require tweaking the correct variables from within the game code itself, which would located first. And that's assuming nothing breaks by tweaking those settings, which could make things a lot more complicated.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Woooow, this looks and runs great on PC now! I'm partway through the DLC on my Wii U but maybe I'll rip/export or whatever the Wii U version and try it on my PC?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the time really good. Shadow of the colossus is 1080p at 60fps for instance. What I'm really struggling is with the dreamcast emulation because the emulators are not that good.
I've only tried Marvel Vs Capcom 2 recently, but the latest version of Demul runs it at full speed, so there's been some improvements.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, it's really funny...

but the resolution boost given by that emulator actually seems to degrade the visuals for me

the extra clarity also comes with revealing alot of flaws that you don't usually pay attention to

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the public one worth messing around with or should we wait for the patron one to become public?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible, but it also strikes me as unlikely to happen. It would require tweaking the correct variables from within the game code itself, which would located first. And that's assuming nothing breaks by tweaking those settings, which could make things a lot more complicated.

People said the same thing about getting it to 60fps without breaking it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I have major z fighting issues with this game. That was in 1.11.2. Maybe that will be fixed with 1.11.3.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know that you can still play it at 30 FPS, right?
It looks strange. The walking is off.. and the higher resolution doesn't suit the graphic style they had. I'm on my laptop monitor.. but still it looked more pleasing playing off my Switch on my TV then in that video.
I personally thought it looked quite unfortunate blown up on my 1080p TV compared to playing it portable on the Switch, especially in terms of performance (though that was pre-patch). It needs to be seen to be believed. It looks gorgeous at 4K, and the art style and use of lighting really complement it.