Votes: 923 41.5%
  • I don't got no Switch

Votes: 163 7.3%

• Total voters

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Nintendo is getting their own paid online service in the vain of Xbox Live and Playstation Network. The online will be necessary to play many Nintendo Switch games online multiplayer, although some games will not require you to subscribe to play online.The pricing model is:
nintendo-switch-online-pricing.png

The Nintendo Online will also offer 20 NES games at launch including Super Mario Bros 3, The Legend of Zelda, and Balloon Fight with some select games being playable online.

Cloud Saves will be coming to Nintendo Switch via the Online Service, although select games including Splatoon 2 and Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee will not use this feature.

So Era, will you be subscribing to Nintendo's online, or are their offerings not enough to entice you to subscribe.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but that garbage presentation didn't convince me it was worth it at all

I just want to play Smash. No need to pretend this shit is enticing otherwise lol

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Yes.

• Cloud saves.
  • Very reasonable for the family plan. I have 1 little brother who will play Switch.
  • Will need it for future exclusive games.
  • I can also don't buy it right now, but can buy it at a later time.
  • Most of the issues are valid criticisms, so I won't deny it. But, I'm really lonely and I just wanted to play globally with other players.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I take good care of my Switch, and they've messed up badly enough with my 3DS account in the past to delete it with no chance of recovery and with no input from me. No way I'm gonna pay to trust them with my saves too.

They don't have this figured out yet.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
I have to for Smash. If it wasn't for that game, absolutely not. It's a mess.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The yearly price is in the perfect range of "this service kinda sucks" and "it's 20 bucks... so whatevs"

Will subscribe, yes.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
After all the news and how Nintendo handles the online service nope, no, nope. Also I already pay PsPlus and Gold.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I was originally a "Yes", but I've been re-considering when I realized I haven't actually played a game online on the system in calendar year 2018, and I'm not all that interested in Smash.
I'll probably get it as soon as their is an online game I'm interested in playing though.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much just so I can play Smash online with friends. Otherwise it's incredibly disappointing compared to XBL or even PS+.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Absolutely. It's $20 for a year, it wont hurt or kill me financially. It's just cutting out 4 fast food trips over a year. Nintendo will then have the year to basically convince me it's worth it to renew.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, but I would like to know what the "Special features" they talked about are. I feel like yesterday was the perfect time to announce it.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Yeah, since it's $20 and has cloud saves. I was sold when it was first announced. The nes games are nice too.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
No. Not until we get into the 3D era for the classic games available or I want to play a Switch game online.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm in I really want those nes games and special offers. Online and cloud saves are a perk

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Yes, I want to be able to play online on my current favorite console. $20 is cheap and hopefully it will get better. I really don't care about the cloud saves at all. There are certainly issues, more annoyance really, but it was only a matter of time before Nintendo caught up to everyone else and started charging.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and I don't even play online. $20 is a steal and I really missed out on lots of NES games and would like cloud saves. Like why NOT do it for that price lol

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really play online games, so my plan is to take the free trial, see how the cloud saves and NES access works and decide from there.

Ocelott

Oct 25, 2017
Probably wait until Smash ... Those NES games don't entice me enough to get it next week

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i have no other choice if i want to play my online games. So yeah, i will subscribe.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. I don't play online much and there's no real reason to.

If/when a game I want to play online comes out, or the NES library fills out, I definitely will - it's $20, why not? - but there's nothing that sold me on it.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, this recent online connection required rental service for NES games pretty much broke the one positive selling point this service had to me. I guess I have to for Smash for at least a month, but I don't feel good about it at all.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
It's a 1/3rd of the price of PSN and XBL Gold and I still feel like it's way overpriced.

I'll probably end up getting it so I can still occasionally play Splatoon 2 online and maybe Smash, but I wish they added more value like adding in SNES games.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
In for a family plan. It's cheap enough for cloud saves and a la carte NES library (even though I really want a proper VC program). Online play for Splatoon and Mario Kart is a bonus.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I'm in the camp that actually like these NES-games + online gameplay I need.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a trash service, but I play online on Switch a lot, and the price is low, so I'll get it.
But Nintendo has really dropped the ball.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I want to play Splatoon online, what exactly is the alternative. I get free NES games and thats a decent enough bonus, it's not like they're asking for a ton of money.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I was kinda gonna get it no matter what, if I'm ever gonna play a game Online it'll be via the Switch, can't have Splat and SSB shut down on me. Happy it's only $20 (tho I'm doin the $35 for a group of four of five which is nice), and the cloud saves are a nice perk. Anything on top of that, the VC stuff mainly, is just bonus.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Initially I was in, but as it turns out I don't play too many games online, the NES games aren't enticing at all, and while at first the main draw for me was cloud saves, the way they are being handled leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Even for $20, I think I'm going to wait and see.