• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still play this game. If so, let's talk about it!

Edit: someone move this to hangouts, my bad.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Played a lot during Season 2 and had some of the most fun I've had with games playing Joust but Season 3 soured me on the game. I deleted it the day after Season 3 launched and only played infrequently since then.

OP
OP
MrMatt555

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a lot during Season 2 and had some of the most fun I've had with games playing Joust but Season 3 soured me on the game. I deleted it the day after Season 3 launched and only played infrequently since then.
What was wrong with season 3? It's when I started playing lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I play almost daily on Xbox and have spent an embarrassing amount on the game. Love it. Tried lots of MOBAs and Smite is the only one I've stuck with. The auto-shop option was a big part of it for me.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
I play a few games with friends every other day or so.. And a lot of games during the double and triple worshipper weekends.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I play this on Xbox almost daily for the past like two years. It's an extremely active community on there.

Hel is bae.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Nu Wa main on PC that primarily plays Assault, Clash, and Arena. Started playing around 2 years ago.

Don't have the desire to dive into Conquest and its meta, though I've watched a bit on Twitch and have enjoyed the few matches I played.

Daily pet peeves: when someone rerolls the healer in Assault, leaves the towers alone in Clash, and ignores the minions in Arena. =\

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't stopped playing for about 14 months now mostly playing Mages and Guardians. Ah Puch was my first rank 10 then Aphrodite followed soon after, with Anubis and Vulcan getting close now too. I do have a tendency to play more Arena and Joust than Conquest to be fair and I'm on PS4.

There even is a clan for all on PS4 its called Underdog Tavern so if anyone wants to play as a group more often that option is available :)

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nu Wa main on PC that primarily plays Assault, Clash, and Arena. Started playing around 2 years ago.

Don't have the desire to dive into Conquest and its meta, though I've watched a bit on Twitch and have enjoyed the few matches I played.

Daily pet peeves: when someone rerolls the healer in Assault, leaves the towers alone in Clash, and ignores the minions in Arena. =\
I also primarily play assault and arena. I think the variety in game modes is one of Smites best strengths. Conquest is great and all but I don't really feel the pressure to main that when there's so much other good stuff.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Conquest Zhong Kui main here, play every day, yet not really touched ranked due to the BM.

At the last check I had 200 hours played on PS4.

I don't know what it is about the game but the variety in team comps and play 'feel' keeps me coming back again and again.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
What was wrong with season 3? It's when I started playing lol

It's not so much that it was 'worse', it was just too different to the game I enjoyed. The major changes I disliked:
- Changed the Joust map completely
- Made wholesale changes to a lot of the items
- Replaced actives with relics
- Altered the protections so that everyone died much quicker

I got used to the slow, methodical, strategic play of Season 2 and was disappointed with how Season 3 went the opposite way. I still came back in Season 4 and played for a couple of months but ended up moving on to other games. Think I had about 6 or 7 gods at level 10, mainly hunters and mages.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
This has basically turned into my podcast game on PS4... speaking of which, new patch out now on the platform.

I like playing a different character every game if possible to keep things fun and fresh, Clash is probably my go to mode as it provides both objective play and team fights from the get go while not requiring the time commitment of conquest.

OP
OP
MrMatt555

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has basically turned into my podcast game on PS4... speaking of which, new patch out now on the platform.

I like playing a different character every game if possible to keep things fun and fresh, Clash is probably my go to mode as it provides both objective play and team fights from the get go while not requiring the time commitment of conquest.

Yup. Clash for me as well and joust

Weston

Oct 29, 2017
Smite is adding a co op adventure mode.

It's an interesting move, but the combat look pretty boring to me.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I played it daily. But I've been without power/home internet since September

I play conquest/clash/arena

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played it in a long while but mostly so that I don't get sucked back in to it. There was a time where the game was single handedly creating a my backlog. I'll eventually jump back in though.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Still playing it pretty much every day. Up near 1000 hours somewhere and I hardly ever play Conquest.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really love that a game has a great cast of gods to play, since I really love mythology, but sadly, the game doesn't excite me that much and the designs of the gods isn't that good

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My group still boots up Smite every now and then for a session, but it largely left regular game rotation for us after Overwatch came out. We also only played arena, and we've got Battlerite to scratch that itch as well.

Really I just like to play so I can flex my rank 10 lil mana

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
It's the only moba I can play because it has multiple game modes and plays like a regular game instead of an RTS unit. I absolutely hate conquest and that archetype in all mobas, so I stick to assault and clash. I main isis because she's amazing and underrated, and rarely played, I think I have her on 12 now. I'm on a hiatus due to burnout, which is normal for me. I'll do like 3 months on, 4 months off.

My biggest pet peeve when I played was herc. He's insanely tanky, has a great heal, has ridiculous cc, and is all around just ridiculous if you get good with him. He needed the nerf, not ravana.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much that it was 'worse', it was just too different to the game I enjoyed. The major changes I disliked:
- Changed the Joust map completely
- Made wholesale changes to a lot of the items
- Replaced actives with relics
- Altered the protections so that everyone died much quicker

Pretty much this, The game was really good before, But season 3 really ruined the game for me. Went from being a Decent tactical game to a game where pretty much everyone builds the same 2 relics constantly. I was a beta player who played every mode, and every single match pretty much became the same nonsense and ruined the game.

EDIT: Can't forget the part where Hi-Rez thought that making you buy 3 Skins to unlock the ability to buy 1 super skin was a smart Idea.

matman5321

Nov 5, 2017
Love Smite. Been playing about every day since season 2. Loving the variety and god pool that's just more viable now and Super Regionals really showed that.

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I started out playing conquest only and have since moved on to Assault and clash only.

Assault is by far my favorite and I wish Paragon had the mode as well.

It's hard for me to name a favorite hero because I usually get bored of playing the same hero. Most of the fun in Mobas for me is learning new heroes.

I do have some heroes that I find ridiculously boring because the skill ceiling is so low. Kukulkan and Isis come to mind.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Smite's one of my favorite multiplayer games ever. I've spent a ton of time on it on PS4 and Xbox. I've been on a bit of a break recently because of Destiny and the flood of great single player games this year, but it's pretty much become my standby MP game that I can always go back to.

Favorite/Best Gods
  • Neith
  • Athena
  • Awilix
  • Guan Yu
  • Thor
I also really like Tyr, Nox, and Anhur but I'm not super great at them. I've been working on my Ne Zha, Chaac, and Medusa and I think I'm getting decent with them.

DvergrBlod

Oct 26, 2017
I try to play with all gods, I change it regularly, but often go back to Agni, Kukulkan or Poseidon. I also really like Xlabaque and Artio. PROBLEM I have is that I suck at one on one situations, and I don't have nerve to actually think my upgrades and whatnot. I use auto buy but been thinking doing some my own lists what to upgrade buy automatically. Because it just seem that many others can take so much more beating from me than I can from them. Just other day there was this Hercules that refused to die even when three gods where hammering him. And Vulcan oneshotting with ult. And choo choo chulainn train killing everyone in my team.

But with few gods I'm pretty good and can hold my ground. And that's why game is so good, I feel that I suck more than succeed but I still keep going back to it. I would love to dominate with Odin or Avilix.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I literally just installed and got into SMITE last night OP! Gonna check out Shadows Over Hercopolis soon.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I got super into Smite back when it was in alpha and I was obsessed with Tribes at the time. I loved it back then. I kinda fell off when they would drastically change entire parts of the game, and I just fell out of the meta and fell off playing it in general. I did hit level 30 and play something like 500 hours. It was a really well made game. I think the highlight of my time playing was when I got into a match with Hirez Bart when he was at a convention showing it off to people walking around or something like that I can't remember exactly (but I do remember we got obliterated).

Is it worth attempting to get back into at this point? I haven't played in years.

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
use to play it daily but haven't touched it in some weeks, been playing other games. I do wanna check out the new co-op cause I loved the first one though I never beat it on hard.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Played a couple matches on Xbox one X. It's looking really sharp even on my 1080p monitor. Feels really nice as well. No slowdown during hectic moments.

OP
OP
MrMatt555

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok what's the best way to play susano. I'm doing alright in arena 9/6/11 but I feel I could be doing better. Buying dmg boots not ninja tabi btw