• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Still holding out hope for name changes if that PSX interview with Greg Miller is anything to consider.

I really need to change my PSN name, made it during the 8th grade lol

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping that there is an update to the dlna client software. Very limited audio Codec support and I've given up to get external subtitles working, like at all.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
PSP already showed to us that one thing doesn't prevent other for happening.
You, and I, will probably have a "Download List" , just like it happens on PSP, once PS3 Store goes down.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...updating/psp-download-from-playstation-store/
That would be fine, I suppose. As long as I don't lose access to my purchased games. What about patches and updates for games, tho? Those are pretty important too, even for physical games. :(

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Nothing special, but upgrade the trailers at the psn store, they are a joke compared to xbox one, and dont get me started at the sound..

casnix

Apr 19, 2018
New Hampshire
I'm getting a 404 page.

Those of us who got selected for the last beta are automatically entered for the newer ones, right? I vaguely remember something about that. Or am I just remembering wrong?

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
People shouldn't worry, I think they opened per-registration accidentally, so it explains why EU page wasn't available at that time. Usually they announce a closed beta test via PS blog.

I guess we will see official announcement next week.

Syysch

Oct 30, 2017
Name change isn't coming until PS3 is no longer a part of the PlayStation Network. I'm convinced of that much.

PS3 users cant even see people who are online via PS4s (or vitas?), it's likely they've been isolated since the very beginning for these kinds of changes that PS3 games would have problems with. It could be implemented as something that changes only show on PS4 and later.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
We need digital game gifting at the time of purchase. I want to be able to buy digital games for my brother at Christmas and send them to him.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another feature I am DYING for is the ability to copy games to an external HDD. You can already move games, but what I want to do is to be able to share games with my brother without having to download the game twice since we live together! It works like a dream on XBOX and can even be done wirelessly!

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
"At this Beta stage, the 6.00 update does not include any new major consumer-facing features. However we would still value the community's help in fine-tuning the performance and stability improvements the update brings."

:-/ I'll wait until they announce something that is potentially worth installing potentially unstable fw.

Oct 27, 2017
Got my email too.....in the US, no code in it. Just says i was accepted and when its available, the PS4 will prompt me to download it.

Worth mentioning also is a note in the email that says:

"System Software 6.0 does not include any major consumer facing features during the beta period. You will find smaller quality of life and performance fixes. However we would still love the help from the community to help us test the overall performance and stability"

So either 6.0 is going to not have any major asked for features....or theyre hiding the big parts of it until its actually released to everyone.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did people in the EU get a chance to sign up? Link never worked for me.
There wasn't a signup link, the link posted was for the beta site which is usually used for signups , the playstation blog usually posts it up but they didn't this time. They just e-mailed people, I'm assuming people who have signed up to betas in the past.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
There wasn't a signup link, the link posted was for the beta site which is usually used for signups , the playstation blog usually posts it up but they didn't this time. They just e-mailed people, I'm assuming people who have signed up to betas in the past.

Thanks. Sony sure pisses me off with stuff like this.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
System Software 6.00 does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period.

I don't know what door this is supposed to leave open, but it's there. Really odd decision if they have some major feature but don't want to enable it for beta, though. Although I recall there was some feature in a recent past update that also was not available in the beta (can't remember what it was).

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what door this is supposed to leave open, but it's there. Really odd decision if they have some major feature but don't want to enable it for beta, though. Although I recall there was some feature in a recent past update that also was not available in the beta (can't remember what it was).

It is definitely strange wording. I think being more transparent would be better. What are they testing?

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017

They say :
At this Beta stage, the 6.00 update does not include any new major consumer-facing features. However we would still value the community's help in fine-tuning the performance and stability improvements the update brings.

I dont know if Later the Beta could include any new major consumer-facing features

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know if Later the Beta could include any new major consumer-facing features
It probably will. Nevertheless it makes me wonder why Sony decided to start the beta with no features version. There's probably something happening under the hood. I don't really expect anything huge, but queuing downloads would be nice.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
I used it, thanks!
For some reason I completely missed EU signup. First it wasn't open, then it was closed. Even though I participated in all of them so far.

It does nothing to the user experience. So unless there is something hidden in there that will become apparent later, being in this beta is a non event. Just to temper any excitement ;) sorry.