Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Does the trailer suggest that you get older whenever you get defeated? Kind of like in Chronos, where you age by one year per death.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Does the trailer suggest that you get older whenever you get defeated? Kind of like in Chronos, where you age by one year per death.

It does seem like there is some kind of aging aspect going on. Could just be it's telling different parts of this guys life story from a youth to bad ass old man master martial artist.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
This was the highlight for me, The gameplay gave me Rise to Honor vibes which I am completely up for.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck yes.

From what I heard, Absolver was pretty undercooked despite having an incredible fight system. Hopefully this doesn't run into that issue.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
dunno why but to me it looks pretty fantastic and boring at the same time. not boring in the sense that the game itself is boring, but it doesn't seem to be very innovative to me. let's wait and see I guess

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Dream game right here. Been waiting for something like this since Jet Li: Rise To Honor. Exactly what I hoped the Absolver team would do next.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
There are probably some devs from sleeping dogs working on it, because some moves reminded me of that game.

This looks so good!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The concept looks a bit like that souls-like where you age. And with every death you get wiser which sways you towards magic, only here I assume you just get stronger and more skilled. I just hope it's a solo story based thing and not another absolver. Absolver had great combat but it was just a hollow experience.

Oct 25, 2017
While you can expect true-to-form Kung Fu combat, the one twist in Sifu is how death is handled. Instead of dying, the main character ages just a bit. As with the spirit of Kung Fu, this now older version of the character knows a few more skills after growing a bit older.
And while the tone of Sifu will be more serious than some Jackie Chan classics, the combat will allow players to utilize the environment to their advantage. Bottles and other environmental hazards can be used against enemies. You can push bad guys down the stairs, or break items to create makeshift weapons. Either way, you'll need to be quick to figure out the best way to fight through so many baddies at once.
www.ign.com

Sifu Is an Authentic Kung Fu Action Game With a Unique Twist on Dying - IGN

Kung Fu action game Sifu was revealed at PlayStation's February 2021 State of Play event and we spoke with Sloclap developers to find out more about the game.

Sounds cool!

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
www.ign.com

Sifu Is an Authentic Kung Fu Action Game With a Unique Twist on Dying - IGN

Kung Fu action game Sifu was revealed at PlayStation's February 2021 State of Play event and we spoke with Sloclap developers to find out more about the game.

Sounds cool!

Curious how this will work in practice as it could be both really cool or really cheap, or just a hindrance. Would make a no death run interesting though. You're eternally youthful beating up people across the face of the Earth.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
2PiD.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Got some really good Sleeping Dogs vibes, which means its a must buy from me.

Loved+sleeping+dogs+the+fights+were+so+damn+satisfying+_07293df662e413161d17fc7123512e7a.gif

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Looks rad

The reviving/aging mechanic is fascinating, and I wonder how age affects the gameplay. Oldboy, literally

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This game's name may sound funny to portuguese speakers, specially Brazilians...

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed Absolver - the combat and style were good, and the multiplayer was surprisingly robust. It was thin on just about everything else, though. If this has more plot and character and builds on everything Sloclap did right with Absolver, it has a lot of potential.