Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Tell em stop being snarky cuz of Nd said they were cancelling some single player mode they already announced it be a different story from some of you.
How about we understand ppl like Mp and understand why they upset

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
regardless of it having it or not and how much they needed to perfect the SP

one can't deny and/or diminish the fact that the original TLOU had a MP community that was looking forward to the MP in the next game and have now been disappointed in that regard

doesn't change the fact on what I think, what you think, what anyone thinks the reality is still there

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Those multiplayer job listings on the Naughty Dog career page have been sitting there for a while.
This is kind of the consequence when your studio is dedicated around single player, that's the kind of talent you attract.

I recall a Halo 5 (multiplayer?) designer only worked few months at ND before going to Riot.
Just seems like they don't have the staffing for MP.

Oct 25, 2017
regardless of it having it or not and how much they needed to perfect the SP

one can't deny and/or diminish the fact that the original TLOU had a MP community that was looking forward to the MP in the next game and have now been disappointed by that regard

doesn't change the fact on what I think, what you think, what anyone thinks the reality is still there
tenor.gif

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Fine, but again, how about being transparent considering the comments we got from Anthony Newman and giving us an idea about the future?

B/c some people here are just assuming it will come later. Am I supposed to have false hope now for something that may never come? Changes happen on development, that's not lost on me. But the way this has been handled is atrocious.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
If Naughty Dog is still working in something related to multiplayer, then I definetly think is going to be some standalone PS5 thing.

I believe that much more than simply deciding to add an entire mode to the game after launch.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fine, but again, how about being transparent considering the comments we got from Anthony Newman and giving us an idea about the future?

B/c some people here are just assuming it will come later. Am I supposed to have false hope now for something that may never come? Changes happen on development, that's not lost on me. But the way this has been handled is atrocious.
Go with Anthony and Neil's comment and assume it's not coming. So you're safe. Maybe as a standalone game after TLOU2. But that would be a new/different project. And it makes sense to not talk about unannounced games that are early in development.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Naughty Dog is still working in something related to multiplayer, then I definetly think is going to be some standalone PS5 thing.

I believe that much more than simply deciding to add an entire mode to the game after launch.

Saving the multiplayer for the PS5 remaster..

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it is like COD when they decided to release without a single player

sure people would laugh and say don't most people buy COD for the MP?

doesn't change the fact that there was a group that didn't

I know some people who are TLOU MP fans and even though I am NOT I know that those people who were waiting for the next iteration in TLOU MP have now been disappointed by the news

especially since they waited so long without any real confirmation by ND that it wouldn't ship at launch

Oct 25, 2017
Tell em stop being snarky cuz of Nd said they were cancelling some single player mode they already announced it be a different story from some of you.
How about we understand ppl like Mp and understand why they upset

Imagine trying to talk about MP in a Sony thread.

Not even missing multiplayer in a sequel to a game widely regarded as featuring great multiplayer, by Naughty Dog nonetheless, was able to stop the hate. It's over. Donezo. Finished.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
ND doing a pure MP game would be interesting .
It don't have to be TLOU but the whole of ND behind a MP game could be great .

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017

100% ND is working on a mp title. Still hiring MP programmers on their jobs site.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
IMO next gen Sony games should have some sort of MP.
HZD2 co-op
DG co-op
Hell if i had my way i would add co-op to most of there games and i being serious .

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
a little late in all of my replies but to all those threads, my response:

we really got to stop the mentality of were the majority is happy they got to force their happiness on the disappointed minority, as if the minorities interest have to be tuned/forced and that they should be grateful when they wanted or was looking forward to something else

people are diverse in videogame preferences and likes

this has happened more then once here, lol some mob mentality, just saying 🤷

Oct 25, 2017

I interpreted Newman's message in a way that they're not entirely sure themselves if the MP mode is going to work out very well so now they're just saying that they are fully committed to deliver a great SP campaign. Understandable but disappointing regardless.

Of course they might have cancelled the MP mode entirely but imo Newman kinda left the door a bit open for the future.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I think they are working on a TLOU battle royal stand alone multiplayer. That would make a killing.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I don't think it really needs to be said much more than to speak kindly and with empathy towards your fellows. We all can get a lil snarky or what have you, but let's not lose ourselves over what should be entertainment.

that said, give me all of that Humanity from Enhance!

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
a little late in all of my replies but to all those threads, my response:

we really got to stop the mentality of were the majority is happy they got to force their happiness on the disappointed minority, as if the minorities interest have to be tuned/forced and that they should be grateful when they wanted or was looking forward to something else

people are diverse in videogame preferences and likes

this has happened more then once here, lol some mob mentality, just saying 🤷

🙏

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Don't really get this needing of MP modes in Sony games. Is not what make these games successful. There's plenty of MP games out there to play, what's the problem with SP only? Should Sony make more MP focussed games? Sure. But let this be new IP's. The last thing these games needs is resources into MP modes and not to improve what made them successful.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
While I am optimistic that there's some kind of multiplayer component on the way, a not tiny part of me thinks that they would have said so if that were the case. I suppose if this is the plan it could possibly be meaty enough to be announced and released as its own thing which could warrant not discussing it right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really get this needing of MP modes in Sony games. Is not what make these games successful. There's plenty of MP games out there to play, what's the problem with SP only? Should Sony make more MP focussed games? Sure. But let this be new IP's. The last thing these games needs is resources into MP modes and not to improve what made them successful.
The last of us already had Mp.....

there's also plenty of sp games not made by Sony there's also plenty of sp games with Mp....it's not some weird hard concept y'all trynna make it out to be

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
So here what gonna happen.

TLOU Part II: Stand-alone expansion + MP fall 2020:/Early 2021 PS5

You heard it here first ;)

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Also wasn't gonna mention it, but I made a tweet wks ago, saying how excited and "glorious" the multiplayer would be as a direct reply to one of the ND job listings, and to Jason Gregory (a lead programmer)

He liked the tweet, but just now, I've noticed he unliked the tweet, and the original ND Multiplayer job listing has been deleted. Plus I've being made fun of in the replies as the tweet has resurfaced.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sure and if they do users here shouldn't hope they drop it to push the single player development more

it goes both ways
Yep. Just like people shouldn't complain for ages if the studio/director drops a mp mode in a sequel because he/she wants to focus on a singleplayer-only game. It goes both ways indeed.

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of MP games out there and very few of them, if any, are like TLoU MP. I'm saying this as someone who isn't a heavy MP gamer at all. I have never even played CoD. That should show you highly I think of TLoU MP and why there has been such an overall reaction to it being gone -- the MP was damn good.

And that last part doesn't add up when the first game had great SP and MP.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
With this mentality we don't ever need people requesting for any Sony game that isn't a 3rd person cinematic action adventure game. There's plenty of other games out there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.