• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
The release date for GoW was announced 3 months before the game was releasing, couldn't find anything regarding media. Days Gone was played early. I think some games a previewed late.
Patterns exist but could also easily be broken.

If going by historical trend, we would've gotten that Death Stranding Game Informer cover, and that gameplay of the game wouldn't be shown via TGS stream but instead of press event where press are only allowed to share "snippets of gameplay as B-roll" and yet none of that had happened for the game.
Yeah
The release date for GoW was announced 3 months before the game was releasing, couldn't find anything regarding media. Days Gone was played early. I think some games a previewed late.
Yeah was just a thought. As someone said patterns can be broken, but assuming TLoU is at a minimum, 5 months out, even 45 seems unlikely. Especially considering THIS game.

Then again this game is getting its own media event. That sure as hell is a broken pattern. So who knows.

Oct 27, 2017
Media Molecule has way more 'achievements' then that lol. Just recently they won Best of Gamescom..

Other then that, great OT

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Patterns exist but could also easily be broken.

If going by historical trend, we would've gotten that Death Stranding Game Informer cover, and that gameplay of the game wouldn't be shown via TGS stream but instead of press event where press are only allowed to share "snippets of gameplay as B-roll" and yet none of that had happened for the game.

Well, I never said patterns couldn't be broken. Also it only pertains to the last cycle of previews before release, and I bet DS will follow it. We'll see.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Amazing OT. Huge props to JuanLatino , Nagito and Much for the hard work.

Also hell yeah I made into the wall of shame.

happy-dancing.gif

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Is Manchester a support studio? Seems crazy to me that they have been working on a VR project since 2015 (supposedly).

Jun 23, 2019
LOL at the thread title. I did a double take and thought I had went into the wrong thread by mistake lol. So are we expecting any kind of surprises at TGS or is it basically "what you see so far is what you get"?

Oct 27, 2017
Really amazing OP! Thanks for all of your efforts.

and we have a new family member! Welcome Insomniac!

I hope for OT 6 we see more new members ...

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It's not a SoP, since he said it is behind closed doors.

The behind closed door event is on the 24th and was what the press invites were for. Zhuge said that is not the only event Sony will have that week and many are speculating that means a State of Play on Outbreak Day which is the 26th

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
So a realistic scenario might be:

September 24 (Tuesday): Big Press Event with a Demo behind closed doors

September 26 (Thursday) : state of play with a TLOUPII trailer including release date

September 30 (Monday): Preview embargo lifts, we get media impressions from the Press Event.

?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

September 26 (Thursday) : state of play with a TLOUPII trailer including release date

September 30 (Monday): Preview embargo lifts, we get media impressions from the Press Event.

?
SHinobi already confirmed that press gets to play it.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

?

I'd imagine the event embargo would be lifted after the State of Play ends.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, Druckmann tweeted out Angie's Ninja Druckmann gif? Completely missed that, makes me happy. Your gifs always make me laugh.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017

?
Yeah this sounds about right.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
OT looking sleek & dope. Stoked that we're finally getting TLOU Part II news. Makes up for not having their usual TGS show.

And if we get a new State of Play, That could probably be their best yet if they show TLOU Part II, Death Stranding, & Final Fantasy 7 Remake together.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017

?
Best case scenario! If there is a State of Play I hope it is at least longer then 40 minutes.

Getting ready for that presentation, ~49 minutes of gameplay.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
50 minutes of death stranding, wow. We get to see what the game is really about.

Status
Not open for further replies.