• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Haven't played DG but Kingdom Hearts 3 is really enjoyable and has a lot of gameplay variety, it's insane the amount of different mechanics they created for the game even if it's just for a small section sometimes.

Though I'd only recommend the game if you are familiar with the characters and know what to expect.
Never played any of them but looks really fun .why do u only recommend if I haven't played any of the games ?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Never played any of them but looks really fun .why do u only recommend if I haven't played any of the games ?
KH games have a large overarching story that can get rather... confusing if you've not played the previous games and spinoffs. Its not a game breaker, but you might be lost in some of the weirder plot moments about organisation XIII, heart, various original characters casually referenced etc.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
indreams.me website updates including new search sorting options:

v1.4 "Dimetrodon"
We didn't leave you without a dinosaur-named indreams.me release for long, did we? This new release is a slightly larger one, as we bring a brand new website online for supporting information for the game - docs.indreams.me.

What's new
  • docs.indreams.me - All supporting documentation for Dreams now live in their very own special home, on docs.indreams.me. Check it out! From now on, this is where you will find our latest release notes and user guide content. Links throughout indreams.me will now take you to their new location, plus any old links that may still exist elsewhere will redirect to the correct place.
Other improvements
  • New: Sorting options for search results have been updated! They now include trending, busiest, most played, most used and release date.
  • Updated: The DreamsIcons typeface is now the latest version.
  • Updated: Users and creations now have improved navigation for connections. The terminology for following creations has been reverted from watching back to following for increased consistency and clarity.
  • Updated: Creation descriptions now better support some of the tags set by the game.
  • Updated: A number of behind-the-scenes updates to optimise the site and pave the way for upcoming releases.
  • Fixed: Server rendered pages now include lang attribute in HTML tag to improve parsing of pages by robots and search engines.
  • Fixed: Dreams icons in creation titles now display as intended.
  • Fixed: Clearing search results will now fetch recommended creations only.
  • Fixed: Fixed padding around site version and indreams updates link.

Oct 27, 2017
How you think the fanbase would react to a BB2 or DeS2 without From?

I mean, at this point I'd like to see Japan Studio give it a try. From are obviously the best at what they do, but that doesn't mean other studios shouldn't try to emulate their specific style and vibe.

I honestly wish there was more high-level inspiration in our industry; so you've got developers making sci-fi shooters inspired by Halo (yes I know about NOVA), physics-based action-adventures inspired by Zelda: BotW (yes I know about that Waifu Impact game), more racing games like Mario Kart, more action-RPGs like Dark Souls, etc etc. Most of the time the games are going to be vapid wannabes, but sometimes you'll get something like Crash Team Racing, or Alundra, or Ape Escape, or Salt and Sanctuary, and so on.

Do devs usually visit each other and work together as much as with Kojima/Remedy? There sure seems to be a lot going on lately, but I don't know if this is fairly typical and we've just never took notice.

Quick question. Is there really no way to have your gamertag displayed on the dashboard? I dont want my real name on my dashboard.
Believe this wasnt the case on PS3.

Yeah, it's really annoying. A few times I have taken pictures of my desktop for Twitter and I had to go through the bother of changing my real name on my account first.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
man State of Play will be so exciting next year when it is all about announcing them new PS5 games
giphy.gif

surprises of things we don't know about

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It seems pretty clear that the 24th is a media only event and we will get no info on that day. Based on Zhuge's comment there will be another event next week, almost certainly a state of play, and logically it would be on the 26th for Outbreak day.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question. Is there really no way to have your gamertag displayed on the dashboard? I dont want my real name on my dashboard.
Believe this wasnt the case on PS3.

My only suggestion would be to change your real name to your gamertag name. This shouldn't affect your purchases or anything like that.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in whether or not State of Play sticks around next year and beyond.

Will they disappear once Sony has a new console with waves of content to discuss during traditional presentations? Will they co-exist with press conferences and be something that occurs during slower periods away from E3, PSX, etc. to showcase a few new trailers and release dates? Would that even be worth it if significant announcements are reserved for the big show? Could they grow in scale and content to potentially replace the big shows ala Directs? Interesting time!

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Anyone can create a rumor, just like this "State of Play next week."

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
state of play next week towards the end of september huh? Guess that i was right in my prediction based off CoD's date for the MW campaign reveal being a little ambiguous.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Man the way you guys talk about Big show this, big show that, I honestly hope sony does away with the press conference stuff, and just does what Nintendo does. Just do the state of play videos like Directs. Get right to the point. Everyone is always talking about how moving forward gaming is going to be different. Why not present things different as well.
I like the tweets, and State of Play episodes, and one psx a year format. They can do away with doing a conference at e3. that stuff just gets boring, and everyone forgets every year how boring those conferences can be. 2016 when GOW was shown was the last good conference from all parties.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Man the way you guys talk about Big show this, big show that, I honestly hope sony does away with the press conference stuff, and just does what Nintendo does. Just do the state of play videos like Directs. Get right to the point. Everyone is always talking about how moving forward gaming is going to be different. Why not present things different as well.
I like the tweets, and State of Play episodes, and one psx a year format. They can do away with doing a conference at e3. that stuff just gets boring, and everyone forgets every year how boring those conferences can be. 2016 when GOW was shown was the last good conference from all parties.
the thing is, i dont think that Sony's AAA games fit that well into this format, they work best with a long gameplay cut, which doesnt fit with a direct format where every game will usually be shown for not longer than 4 minutes (expect of extreme cases like smash)

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Well, since ZhugeEX said there will be another Sony event that week the only question is if that event would be a State of Play or a individual TLoUPII stream, Death Stranding style. I'm betting on a SoP.

Status
Not open for further replies.