• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 is the best looking game this gen for me, but the more I play Horizon: Zero Dawn, the more I start to doubt that. Sometimes I forget just how beautiful this game is, not only at night but also during the sunny desert landscapes. The lighting is incredible.

I can't wait to see what Death Stranding does with the same engine.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
With how DS's modeling turned out and higher fidelity of the PS5, I'm hoping GG learned from them and we get an Aloy that looks 1:1 with her model:

tumblr_o0ptiuhlTC1up42jgo7_500.gifv

I mean they matched the overall structure of her face but of course the skin shader and animation weren't up to par even with Wild Lands improvements but they've improving on that judging by tweets and their hiring practices.

Maybe they change the face structure somewhat more to mimic Ashley Burch to have better face motion capturing.

Nov 8, 2017
Concrete Genie is a great little game, y'all. I can't wait to see what PixelOpus does next.
I finished it this weekend and was surprised by how much fun I had with it. I'm not going to platinum it but I did keep playing after the ending to get all the collectable related trophies just because I was still having a good time in the world. I hope people give it the chance it deserves.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I finished it this weekend and was surprised by how much fun I had with it. I'm not going to platinum it but I did keep playing after the ending to get all the collectable related trophies just because I was still having a good time in the world. I hope people give it the chance it deserves.

Honestly if you did the collectable trophies the rest of the trophies are a breeze especially if you get the secret room you can do it all there in a few minutes.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
With how DS's modeling turned out and higher fidelity of the PS5, I'm hoping GG learned from them and we get an Aloy that looks 1:1 with her model:

I mean they matched the overall structure of her face but of course the skin shader and animation weren't up to par even with Wild Lands improvements but they've improving on that judging by tweets and their hiring practices.
If you've played Horizon, this video gives off a very uncanny valley vibe. Holy shit.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Wasn't there news a while back about a studio that Sony had formed and the speculation was that it would likely be the studio they hand off Uncharted to? Did I dream that whole thing up?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Wasn't there news a while back about a studio that Sony had formed and the speculation was that it would likely be the studio they hand off Uncharted to? Did I dream that whole thing up?
You didn't dream anything, it's a studio in San Diego being formed within the visual arts building, and working in collaboration with another fp studio, and is a 3rd person action adventure single player game, because of the amount of ex naughty dog developers, some started guessing this is an uncharted game.
In addition they also formed a VR studio in manchester

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
You didn't dream anything, it's a studio in San Diego being formed within the visual arts building, and working in collaboration with another fp studio, and is a 3rd person action adventure single player game, because of the amount of ex naughty dog developers, some started guessing this is an uncharted game.
In addition they also formed a VR studio in manchester
Thanks.

Any reason this studio doesn't seem to be mentioned on the first page list?

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was pretty happy with most character models in Horizon, but I agree that their skin looked weird. Too shiny for most, and then animations during conversations were kind of painful to watch. I'm playing AC Odyssey now and it's night and day in terms of how characters should interact with each other during a conversation.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

Going by history, this will be the last version that is current gen only. Again, going by history, that means MLB The Show 21 will launch in February/March/April 2021 on PS4 and slightly later on PS5, probably May 2021. MLB 07: The Show hit PS2 and PSP on February 26th, 2007 and didn't come to PS3 until May 15th, 2007. MLB 14: The Show hit PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, 2014 and didn't come to PS4 until May 6th, 2014. MLB 07 on PS3 got weaker reviews than its PS2/PSP counterparts (I can't recall if MLB 14 on PS4 got a similar reception).

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
All I know is Sony Japan better have a game at launch or first year.
Can't wait for the salt, it's going to be glorious

The unannounced game has been probably moved to PS5
Toriyama-san, who recently worked on the aforementioned Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Déraciné, and Bloodborne, mentioned that in 2019 studio will be preparing to reveal an unannounced title in development, so he's going to gear up for the launch of a new project.

Status
Not open for further replies.