• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic, but watched Demon Slayer after Google image searching one of your avatars. That shit was goooooood.
giphy.gif

welcome aboard

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Looks like there is no stream for todays Marvel Games Panel at NYCC :/

Was hoping for new Iron Man VR gameplay and a launch date.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I read it there. A french article behind a paywall, but it explained that the majority of sales of this game has been done during the first month (70% of its sales during its first month in the US, 60% of its sales in first week in France) and that 6M isn't a lot for a game which cost more than 70M to make.

I think it will be the same for Death Stranding: a great start, even better than Metal Gear Solid V, but I doubt the game will have great legs.
Thanks for the link. I'd say profitability is an elusive topic (if we follow the potential comparison between sales/budget, while ignoring other sources of revenue like MTX and DLC, plus marketing costs on the other side). There's also Ground Zeroes to consider, which was part of the same development and sold millions of copies, a number of them in the latest edition. It seems at least obvious that Konami didn't want to undergo a similar project for the time being, though we don't know how much of that is simply do to a change of strategy.

Now, on the strict matter of sales, I think it isn't unusual for big productions to be this frontloaded, yet still have a constant, low trickle of sales. In the case of this game, we're talking about more than four years, at prices as low as 8/10€ from time to time. Under similar circumstances, titles like The Last of Us or Arkham City/Knight went to sell millions of extra copies, while being rarely spotted on any chart. Sadly, we won't know exact figures unless some insider decides to shed some light on it.

I might agree with you on the question of legs, though I see potential for a better performance with Sony behind (instead of a depressed Konami) and the prospect of future editions on PS5. We'll see how it goes, it could be entertaining.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to unseal my copy of Puppeteer, I've been meaning to since launch day. Loved the demo though!

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Puppeteer is really cool. Gameplay isn't great, but the experience as a whole is good enough to make it worth playing still.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Concert Genie |OT| in the bottle, babe

For old school Christina Aguilera fans, lol.

Nov 8, 2017
So PS Now was installed on my PS4 and I was trying to think of the last time Sony added something to the first position of my cross bar that I didn't download myself. Do any of you recall the last time they did this?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
So PS Now was installed on my PS4 and I was trying to think of the last time Sony added something to the first position of my cross bar that I didn't download myself. Do any of you recall the last time they did this?
I don't, but you can put it in a folder and eventually it will lose that first spot, as you use other games/apps.

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I think there is something in the menu's you can toggle off to avoid that. It has happened with PS Now before, and with Destiny 1 or 2 I believe

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Does this NYCC have a DC part? Can we expect new Batman game announcement? I guess not, because Warner would tease it, wouldn't they?

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Freedom Wars official twitter account(bot) is still active.... just saying
Another news, the creator himself have left Shift whatever this means. All other Freedom Wars staff worked on Code Vein according to credits.

Toshiyuki Yasui was chief game designer and scenario director on God Eater series and creator of Freedom Wars.

Yuta Yamamoto took over content director and development producer role. Makoto Kurata overtook scenario director role since Code Vein. Character designer/art director, Kei Watanabe, was character customization director on Code Vein.

I don't know what plans Sony have as this tells me Sony is abandoning games with manga-like images.

Last thing you heard from Toshiyuki Yasui was development supervisor on God Eater Resurrection which came out in Oct 2015 in Japan. Kunio Aoki has also left Shift.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
At minimum GT6 and Puppeteer should have been PS4 games. Puppeteer in particular would have gotten far more attention as a launch game.

I doubt Sony makes that same mistake again with this generation's transition.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another news, the creator himself have left Shift whatever this means. All other Freedom Wars staff worked on Code Vein according to credits.

Toshiyuki Yasui was chief game designer and scenario director on God Eater series and creator of Freedom Wars.

Yuta Yamamoto took over content director and development producer role. Makoto Kurata overtook scenario director role since Code Vein. Character designer/art director, Kei Watanabe, was character customization director on Code Vein.

I don't know what plans Sony have as this tells me Sony is abandoning games with manga-like images.

Last thing you heard from Toshiyuki Yasui was development supervisor on God Eater Resurrection which came out in Oct 2015 in Japan. Kunio Aoki has also left Shift.

It has probably got more to do with Sony abandoning handhelds.

Freedom Wars, Souls Sacrifice etc. are probably dead unfortunately.

Their main purpose was to try to fill the void left by the loss of MH.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
It has probably got more to do with Sony abandoning handhelds.

Freedom Wars, Souls Sacrifice etc. are probably dead unfortunately.

Their main purpose was to try to fill the void left by the loss of MH.
They should take down the Propakun bot twitter account because the IP is dead. Shu only cares about Ape Escape, Astro Bot, Bloodborne tease and new IPs on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.