• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
I'm beginning to think they're doing this out of sheer bullheadedness. ''Hey look we're the only ones making AAA singleplayer games!''. The competition next-gen from the more diverse Xbox Game Studios will do them good.
What
Agreed. Naughty dog, Santa Monica, suckerpunch, and Guerilla Games are really the only ones that matter and make a dent in the gaming industry. Sony needs at least two more big budget studios like those core 4.

Edit: and the thing about them is they take forever to make games.We need to expand existing relevant first party and get 2 more good studios
oh my god
All I know is that Sony is putting out much less games (in quantity and diversity) than they did back in the PS3 days (let alone the glorious PS2 days), I am afraid that there will be even less Sony games published on PS5 because I am sure that game dev time will increase with the new gen that in turn will force them to work on mosty "sure shot genres", this gen we had no equals to Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer, Rain, and ilk.
STOP
I hate this thread so much....
Same. Nuke this damn thread.

Jul 15, 2019
Even without VR game is still not true in any sense.

I am so tired of the unpleasant atmosphere in this topic. Its rarely fun anymore.
Because I'm going to be real with you. This year has been lame as hell so far. We had medicore days gone. And then Sony acting weird skipping events. Hopefully gamescom starts picks things up until the end for the year.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guys I love Sony first party, It's my main platform and always has been. But personally speaking that's how I see it, maybe the games that they've been putting out having been exactly my cup of tea and maybe that's how I should've phrased it. In short... platformers have been sorely lacking this gen, first party and third party... maybe we were a bit spoiled last gen (Ducktales, Castle of Illusion, Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle, etc).

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Google translate.

"A little disappointed not to have seen WiLD at E3 2019? Here is a video to comfort you;):

A little music now: Christopher Héral, composer of music of WiLD, tells us about this video game that will have a special way to guide the player. The sound will have a very important role. His vision of this project, helps us better understand what wants to convey WiLD through his music.

PS: The wild Michel Ancel were voluntarily added to the assembly to hide the "brothel" Christophe Héral. It's 100% humor or more, as you prefer. ;)

IMPORTANT: The release year given by Christophe Héral is possibly postponed because of a production longer than expected."

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I love Sony first party, It's my main platform and always has been. But personally speaking that's how I see it, maybe the games that they've been putting out having been exactly my cup of tea and maybe that's how I should've phrased it. In short... platformers have been sorely lacking this gen, first party and third party... maybe we were a bit spoiled last gen (Ducktales, Castle of Illusion, Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle, etc).

Do you only like exclusive platformers?

There have quite a few platformers on the PS4. Crash, R&C, Celeste, Oddworld, Hollow Knight, N++, Guacamelee 2, to name just a few.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those games counts as being spoiled? Wat? How is Tokyo Jungle even a platformer, and Ducktales and Castle of Illusion was mediocre as hell. Puppeteer was cool though. How about Astrobot, Shovel Knight, Celeste, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Sonic Mania, Hollow Knight, Rachet and Clank?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Because I'm going to be real with you. This year has been lame as hell so far. We had medicore days gone. And then Sony acting weird skipping events. Hopefully gamescom starts picks things up until the end for the year.
At this point I am sure that you are deliberately trolling.
We all know what Playstation exclusives will be released within the next 12 months. It's Medieval, Concrete Genie, Iron Man VR, Dreams, Death Stranding, TLOU2, FF7R, probably Ghost and some smaller unannounced games.
Those games are diverse, and it's a lot more than Sony's direct competitor will have. In fact, that's an immense amount of games to release within one year.
No gamescom, E3 presser, or whatever you are desperate for, will change anything about that.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Hey everyone! Started GT Sport recently. It's really really fun to play. I'm surprised I'm enjoying it so much as I don't really like 'serious' driving games. Can we really expect a GT7 close to PS5 launch now so many apparently future-proof assets have been made?

Jul 15, 2019
At this point I am sure that you are deliberately trolling.
We all know what Playstation exclusives will be released within the next 12 months. It's Medieval, Concrete Genie, Iron Man VR, Dreams, Death Stranding, TLOU2, FF7R, probably Ghost and some smaller unannounced games.
Those games are diverse, and it's a lot more than Sony's direct competitor will have. In fact, that's an immense amount of games to release within one year.
No gamescom, E3 presser, or whatever you are desperate for, will change anything about that.
We actually don't even know if ghost or tlou2 will be within the next year. Nothing official has been said by Sony regarding those to games. That's the issue. They're quiet. We are running off of rumors. Not official word.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I know is that Sony is putting out much less games (in quantity and diversity) than they did back in the PS3 days (let alone the glorious PS2 days), I am afraid that there will be even less Sony games published on PS5 because I am sure that game dev time will increase with the new gen that in turn will force them to work on mosty "sure shot genres", this gen we had no equals to Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer, Rain, and ilk.

tenor.gif

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
We actually don't even know if ghost or tlou2 will be within the next year. Nothing official has been said by Sony regarding those to games. That's the issue. They're quiet. We are running off of rumors. Not official word.
Wrong. Sony confirmed they will launch as PS4 exclusives. So they will hit within the next 12, maximum 15, months. And again, no trailer will change the release date. If anything, building a demo will delay the development. So just get your ADHD under control.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

There is literally no chance whatsoever that The Last of Us Part II isn't out one year from now. It would be shocking if it's not out 8 months from now. February seems quite likely.

MLB_Animator

Lead Animator, MLB The Show
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Naughty dog, Santa Monica, suckerpunch, and Guerilla Games are really the only ones that matter and make a dent in the gaming industry. Sony needs at least two more big budget studios like those core 4.

Edit: and the thing about them is they take forever to make games.We need to expand existing relevant first party and get 2 more good studios

Say what? ;P

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE

Ignore that.

But sadly, its not that weird that some people have this opinion tbh. MLB isn't really sold or relevant outside of the US because, well, baseball isn't relevant worldwide (at least not in Europe). If only Sony San Diego was making a new IP or something for nextgen 🤔

They are not the ones working on it, a VASG developer confirmed its in development under VASG rather than the MLB studio

Oh, right

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Sony will eventually work towards having their entire catalogue on PS Now, ps1-ps4. Would be great especially if it's fully featured with online servers for the ps2 and ps3 games. I think it's an arms race for the future when it comes to studios and catalogs to have the best streaming service. Seems like this would be one way to really get ahead in that regard.

Jan 20, 2019
I wonder if Sony will eventually work towards having their entire catalogue on PS Now, ps1-ps4. Would be great especially if it's fully featured with online servers for the ps2 and ps3 games. I think it's an arms race for the future when it comes to studios and catalogs to have the best streaming service. Seems like this would be one way to really get ahead in that regard.

They have around 200 ip that should be more that 500 games that they dont need to pay anyone anything, that should be coming to the psnow.

Obvious the ps5 needs BC to all previous systems for this to happen.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Beyond Genshin Impact, ANNO: Mutantionem and The Oriental Exorcist, there's still some interesting stuff coming out of the ChinaJoy event. Looks like a Chinese developer is trying its hand at the whole interactive movie genre with their game called Apocalypse...

There's some janky animation and models that obviously aren't on the level of Detroit, but it looks cool nonetheless.

It's a shame the event as a whole has gone under the radar in the West. It definitely exceeded my expectations and I'm seeing a good few titles I hope get localised and released over here.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have around 200 ip that should be more that 500 games that they dont need to pay anyone anything, that should be coming to the psnow.

Obvious the ps5 needs BC to all previous systems for this to happen.

Yeah exactly, it's a massive amount of content that they already have the rights to. Why not take advantage of that head start ? And it keeps so many of those IPs you mentioned accessible and relevant to a new audience of gamers who might not have had the chance to play them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.