• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
Bienvenue sur Insomniac Games! 💙

Améliorer:
1566253007-worldwide-studios-mrpixel.png

1566252906-fiche-insomniac-games-mistr-pixel.png

Yep @Charrue 👀

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking at Biomutant Gamescom gameplay, and more/less the concept/ideas of a Ratchet RPG of my dreams.

Please consider this too Insomniac...

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does insomniac become the largest Sony studio?

They've produced a lot this Gen considering it's been difficult for a lot of devs.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
If anyone wants a good laugh head over to the Death Stranding Gameplay Reveal thread.....some great stuff going on in there.....I particularly liked the person who was quite upset that you could take a piss in front of the baby,lol.

MocroMo

Jun 4, 2019
I actually don't think Sony will acquire more studios. I think with the acquisition of insomniac and the organic growth with the new San Diego studio they'll feel comfortable going in to the next gen.

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
I actually don't think Sony will acquire more studios. I think with the acquisition of insomniac and the organic growth with the new San Diego studio they'll feel comfortable going in to the next gen.
I still think we will see a few more before the Ps5 launches next year. My guesses would be Bluepoint & Housemarque.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017

They are looking to acquire more studios whether people like it or not, with Microsoft growing their first party, Google and Amazon entering the gaming market, this is just the beginning and Sony knows it.

Even Matt seemed to imply that there's more to come

Last edited:

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most prolific might be a better word. In terms of sheer size I think Naughty Dog might be the biggest at this point. If Linkedin is correct then they're 500+ now.
Insomniac has 270-300 devs last time i checked, i recall ND being over 450 so no they are not the largest Sony studio.
Guerrilla is bigger as well.

I didn't realize the other teams were so large.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Size of ND has ballooned recently eh
Well its all hands on deck for TLoU PII which is probably their biggest game ever.

And my brain still can't wrap itself around 13.2 million for Spidey in 10 months.
I knew it would sell incredibly but that's just...wow O_o

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Wow I want a Ratchet like this now!

It would be a fresh take.

Like implementing a traditional RPG/JRPG system into the series; story, pacing, gameplay, battle system, characters, side quests, contents, etc.

It has the potential.

A new Ratchet hasn't been announced yet, & we still don't know how it look; wheter an evolution/improvement or same as 2016 or less than that...

I say it again, in my opinion, the 2016 game while good, but it's same-old same-old.

Very fortunate it didn't end up like God of War Ascension though.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
If I was SIE president and I could buy 3 new studios,My wet dream would be:

Kojima Productions
IO Interactive
Bluepoint

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
If anyone wants a good laugh head over to the Death Stranding Gameplay Reveal thread.....some great stuff going on in there.....I particularly liked the person who was quite upset that you could take a piss in front of the baby,lol.
It's like they forgot the last trailer where they showed the traversal systems, combat mechanics, boss battles... It's obvious this gameplay was just a joke from Kojima to showcase Geoff's character and that he'll show the real thing at TGS

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we get even more weapons in the next Ratchet. The gameplay (both movement and combat) of Ratchet PS4 is sublime.
The reboot Ratchet was just fun to play, even if you were mindlessly shoothing, which is rare nowadays. I really love Insomniac so I have faith in them.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
You know why Ratchet has stood the test of time? Because it's a great franchise, unlike Sly and Jak. Let those two stay dead. Yeah, I said it.

Bring back Ape Escape, though!

Also, I hope they don't acquire Remedy because their games aren't that great. Honestly, I wish there were no more acquisitions, at least not from platform holders.
Forgot about this, not sure if anyone's mentioned it.

Ratchet and Clank x Ape Escape for PS5 launch.

Book it.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see IO as a particularly good investment. They seem pretty laser focus on Hitman and the area for growth are pretty nebulous to say the least.
Hitman and Hitman 2 is among the best games of this gen and leagues better than Quantum Break and I expect Control to bomb very hard.And with Sony marketing Hitman would see a big increase in sales and a better budge to work it.Remedy is a good studio too because of Alan Wake and they have a great potential.I cited Remedy here,because I expect it to be the next acquisition.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I was disappointed too,but I laughed when this happened,and what a silly complain,seriously.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman and Hitman 2 is among the best games of this gen and leagues better than Quantum Break and I expect Control to bomb very hard.And with Sony marketing Hitman would see a big increase in sales and a better budge to work it.Remedy is a good studio too because of Alan Wake and they have a great potential.I cited Remedy here,because I expect it to be the next acquisition.

Yeah both Hitmans are extremely good and unique. But at least Remedy showed their ability to branch out a bit. I don't know if it's a deliberate choice or not but I don't think IO is going to be making anything other than Hitman for the foreseeable future. I don't know if that prospect is interesting for SIE.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Man, this hight fog that KojiPro added to the Decima Engine is making a huge difference in draw distance (comparing to Horizon)

I cannot wait to see what they'll do on PS5.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah both Hitmans are extremely good and unique. But at least Remedy showed their ability to branch out a bit. I don't know if it's a deliberate choice or not but I don't think IO is going to be making anything other than Hitman for the foreseeable future. I don't know if that prospect is interesting for SIE.
Maybe they just make Hitman because is too risk for them a new IP as a independent studio,with Sony they can try new things,and I would rather have a strong IP like Hitman with a loyal fanbase and amazing games than mediocre games like Quantum Break or The Order 1886.But I don't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.