• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Huh? How much do you guys sweat when sleeping? Maybe it depends on your local climate. I shower before sleep. You say showering before sleep means you're sleeping in your filth? That doesn't make any sense. You're literally marinating in your own filth from the whole day by NOT showering.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I have a dirty job, so I shower at night. I can't stand to go to bed nasty.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but if you asked me my personal opinion fuck those Disgusting morning exclusive bathers.
2eKKs.gif

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I just cut my shower time in half and shower once in the morning and once in the afternoon, usually goes I exercise each day tho.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Morning person here. It doesn't matter if I'm dirty when I go to bed, because I wash it all away before I meet people again. When I visit my in-laws, my mother-in-law insists I shower at night instead of in the morning and I hate it, especially in the summer. Osaka is incredibly hot, I get out of the shower and I'm sweating again already. I feel dirty when I go out during the day. I like starting the day feeling all clean.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
I used to shower in the morning, until I got married.

From then on it's been night showers with the occasional morning shower.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Have always naturally gravitated towards the night/pre-bed shower, but I assume it's mostly habit from parents always having me take baths/showers before bed as a kid.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Depends on what you do. If you sit in an air conditioned office most day and rarely venture out then doesn't matter when you shower, just do it once a day 🤷🏻‍♂️

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I like to take 4 showers a day, that way you don't have to scrub and just the water washing over you is enough to clean you up.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
Also my hair gets jacked up sleeping so can't really not do anything in the morning to fix it.

This is the reason I must shower in the mornings. I get mad crazy bed hair and the only solution is a full shampoo/condition.

If I'm in the mood, I'll take a shower before bed because it feels incredible going to bed fresh and relaxed.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry to break it to you but showers are considered the norm.

Now also having a quick shower in the morning is what some do as well. But I don't think many only have morning ones.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I've almost always showered at night myself. It feels weird not to after work. If I shower in the morning it's insanely quick either way

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
www.sciencealert.com

This Simple Bread Experiment Is a Genius Way to Get Kids to Wash Their Hands

Washing your hands is important.

This recent experiment demostrate how muchinfectious pathogens and diseases you could be carrying without washing your hands frequently, but apply that thinking to your whole body.

people who doesn't shower morning and night is disgusting

Yeah, this shit is definitely gross, but I think people are a little too germophobic these days. I shower daily and wash my hands regularly throughout the day (after using the bathroom and before/after meals), but I don't worry about it beyond that. The people I've known that obsessively worry about germs tend to be the ones that get sick the most often. I might get sick once a year and I usually work outside a fair amount of the time in Chicago winters.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ah, ERA and showers. I haven't read the whole thread, but I assume there is already a post about "maybe you don't smell yourself, but other people certainly smell you!" directed at some barbarian that doesn't shower thrice a day?

Anyway, I've grown up with evening showers and it's too late to stop now. It's gotten to the point that whenever I do need to shower in the morning I feel tired all day because I'm conditioned to take a shower and go to bed as soon as my hair is suitably dry. So yeah. Shower in the night, washcloth in the morning.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
People that go to bed before showering at night are heathens, in most cases. How can you not be clean before changing into clean clothes and hopping into bed?

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do you need to shower in the morning if you showered before bed??????

If you showered before going to sleep then your bed is clean, and after what... 5-10 hours of lying still in a CLEAN bed you need to shower again for some reason?

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Showering before bed also helps you sleep better.
not entirely true

edit: because it depends on the temp. I take hot ass showers and suffer from insomnia so night showers never really helped me since the super heat just wakes me up. Cold showers have the same effect. Lukewarm is technically best, but of course this too is all relative.

Last edited:

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, I was ready to come into this thread and fight everyone hating on night showers, but it looks like ERA got this one right.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I do this shit all the time. I dont always have time in the morning. A quick brushing of teeth and a little face wash is fine. How stanky is your ass and your bed that you're filthy come morning?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
waste of a good shower. i mean, doing both is fine and normal, but only doing the least useful one is insane.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I do this shit all the time. I dont always have time in the morning. A quick brushing of teeth and a little face wash is fine. How stanky is your ass and your bed that you're filthy come morning?
Or you know, they're getting filthy as they sleep because they didn't shower before getting into bed lol. Sheets are going to get gross real quick.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Showering in the morning and never in the evening is like always washing your hands before taking a dump and never after. Just making your bed dirty faster for no reason.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Some of y'all taking 2 showers a day? Seems like a waste of water and not the greatest for the environment, hehe.

I used to be a morning shower person, it would wake me up. I've been doing the night shower thing lately. It does feel really nice going to sleep right after a shower then just getting up and getting dressed for work in the morning.

It all depends though. I sweat in ny sleep, so hotter months i do morning shower.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I can't sleep unless I take a hot shower before, so shower before bed. But I also may take the occasional cold shower to wake myself up in the morning.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is fucking with my perception of what is considered normal. I've basically grown up taking morning showers almost exclusively. I can't leave the house before i take a shower. Even when I do take night time showers (usually after working out or as a nice relaxing bonus) my hair still gets messed up from sleeping. I work an office job so im not actually doing any physical activity and don't consider myself too dirty to get into bed at night.

Last edited:

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I always shower before bed, and in the morning only when I have some type of special meeting or something to attend.

Never going to bed dirty.

Is sleeping with your shoes on a real thing in the U.S.??

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
I take a shower every night and in the morning I either take a more brief one or at minimum I wet/condition my hair.

I also regularly clean my phone, earbuds, glasses, remote, and laptop, because I don't want to touch them after taking a shower unless they're clean as well.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I always shower before bed, and in the morning only when I have some type of special meeting or something to attend.

Never going to bed dirty.

Is sleeping with your shoes on a real thing in the U.S.??

What? Hell no, why would I bring my shoes with me to bed? That's messed up.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fully wake up without a shower. Since I'm gonna bathe in a few hours anyway and routinely wash my sheets I don't even care about "broiling in my own filth" at night.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
If you hose down in the morning and they hose down at night, is that not the ideal situation for avoiding eachother during your hosings?

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
This may be shocking, but it seems like some here actually need to read this. If you are sweating a ton while sleeping, you should seek some medical guidance. Unless you a sleeping year-round in a sauna or along the equator (or non-AC summers), sweating a ton while sleeping is a strong indicator of a sleep disorder. This isn't a joke.