• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
I wanted to make this thread mainly about assassins creed Valhalla. Ubisoft is notorious for downgrades. The division, rainbow six siege, assassins creed unity and ghost recon all suffered pretty extensive downgrades this gen.

On the 7th we are getting our first look at next gen gameplay, sonys show is rumoured to be not so long after. Will we see one thing only to be disappointed at launch?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
yes, there will always be as long as theres a way to make things look better in trailers to sell people on a product using more powerful hardware

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
I expect the first wave of next gen games to have some compromises at release compared to their first showings. I also expect the 2nd wave of next gen games to look far better than what most are expecting.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Call me an optimist, but I don't think so. Devs knows what happens when they show "in-game footage" and then don't deliver on that.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, we should expect downgrades with this upcoming console generation. All the reasons for graphical downgrades in the past will still apply this generation.

MC_Leon6494

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah downgrades will happen and not every game will be 4k and not every game will be 60fps. That's just the nature of video game development. Some studios will push for 60fps (or higher) over anything and we'll see others push for 4k instead of 60fps, others will hit that 4k/60 but look worse than their initial showcases. And games will be shown with one set of graphical features and ship with a different set or otherwise look "downgraded"

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to see target renders not live up to the final game, accept it now.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can we leave the word downgrade in this generation? Pls god.

All these "I expect this and that,"JFC...

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Always expect downgrades, it'll make you happier in the long run.

Either the game will come out as you expect it to or it'll look better.

That said, for AC itself, since it's a cross gen game, I don't think they'll downgrade it. I know they downgraded Watch Dogs but that one wasn't coming out at launch so I feel like whatever they show now with AC will match whatever releases.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol Ubisoft will basically show.. a dolled up piece of the game that took 15 studios 3 months to make... and then the entire thing will get downgraded to whatever the rest of the world will end up looking like a la' Watchdogs.
Look.. we can all expect it.. but I'm hoping they will legitimately give us what we will get in the end.. but my fear is.. they will say "Xbox Series X gameplay.." and it's an even more crazy looking super ultra high PC version with RTX et al. I'm of the belief MS wants the Series X to be a "High" PC settings, and let PC have the "Ultra High" setting to itself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think thats maybe how it will pan out. In any case.. I believe we will see AC Valhalla... at it's very best setting today.

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
And yet the Xbox One X does this with far weaker hardware

Does this in some specific non demanding games or limited in terms of processing titles like driving games. Not the norm.

Native 4K and solid 60fps is a great deal regarding power and we won't be seeing this if we expect graphics to be better and not just a bump of resolution and performance from actual graphics.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think so. These machines are really powerful and with diminishing returns it will be useless make it be even better looking when just showing the game will already wow people. Don't think they want the negative PR coming with it.