• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should unisex restrooms have urinals?

• Yes

Votes: 581 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 334 27.9%
  • Yes, but only if they are single-occupant

Votes: 218 18.2%
  • We shouldn't have unisex restrooms

Votes: 52 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 0.8%

• Total voters

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think?

They're convenient, take up less space, and use less water (sometimes no water, even!). It's also perfectly possible to have multiple people using them without peeking at each others' dicks.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yes? How is this a question? Some dudes don't want to take the time to pee in the stall.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Yes. And that little bee better be in there too so I can pee on it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yes of course.

And also fucking changing tables. This is one of those reverse sexism things that perpetuates male dominance but all bathrooms should have fucking changing tables as long as there's some reasonable space for it.

I shouldnt have to change my baby on a bathroom floor or balance her fucking shit covered ass on my knee while I'm stooped on a toilet seat to change her fucking diaper. If an airplane bathroom can fit a changing table so can almost every bathroom.

Also there's nothing more or less disgusting about urinals than anything else that you piss and shit into. If you get covered in piss using a urinal then you're using it wrong. And trust me I'm no expert about how to pee or anything. If you're that bad about peeing in a urinal then you're probably dousing your thighs in small droplets of urine all day and you're still alive after a pandemic so it can't be that dangerous.

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they are disgusting, splashes everywhere
This. I had an awful epiphany be when i used one while wearing shorts after shaving my legs... There is no "safe" way to pee on a urinal... Your, and everyone's piss before you is splashing onto your legs and all over the floor and walls.

Though to be fair, people will still pee on a toilet like it's a urinal, and therefore it's a lose lose proposition.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yes of course.

And also fucking changing tables. This is one of those reverse sexism things that perpetuates male dominance but all bathrooms should have fucking changing tables as long as there's some reasonable space for it.

I shouldnt have to change my baby on a bathroom floor or balance her fucking shit covered ass on my knee while I'm stooped on a toilet seat to change her fucking diaper.
This too

May 24, 2019
If everyone's supposed to be comfortable and invited to use the space, I'm not sure a penis exclusive pissing corner has a place.

Never been a fan anyway. Cubicle life!

edit: For some reason I was just thinking of the trough type 😂
Still nah.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
NDIT4WTP7VATVM6KWDMPKJ7CZA.jpg

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Depends on the location to be honest. If its a public restroom then I don't care. If it's a private restroom (like in an office building or something) then I still don't care because I always use a stall.

TL;DR: I don't care.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
There is no "safe" way to pee on a urinal... Your, and everyone's piss before you is splashing onto your legs and all over the floor and walls.
Depends on the design of the urinal. In some cases, it's a matter of your technique. Unfortunately, yes, far too many urinals are shaped in ways that make it damn-near impossible to avoid splash-back. That said, if a urinal is rounded enough and in such a way that you can "bank" your urine off of it, then you can avoid the splash-back. Furthermore, urinals that're sort of funnel-shaped more or less "bank" it for you, allowing you to avoid splash-back.

Unfortunately, no urinal can stop dipshits who don't stand close enough to the urinal from peeing all over the floor.

OP
OP
Septimus Prime

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I see one vote each for we shouldn't even have unisex restrooms and "other." Anyone care to explain their thoughts?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
It's either urinals or I'm peeing standing up in a regular toilet. You can't pay me enough to sit on a public toilet.

OP
OP
Septimus Prime

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, no urinal can stop dipshits who don't stand close enough to the urinal from peeing all over the floor.
I remember, in middle school, we had this thing called Outdoor Science School, which was a week-long camp without parents. One guy bet his cabin mates that he could piss into the toilet from across the room.

He didn't win that bet.

Point is, urinals aren't required to do shit like that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only if it's a trough like at old stadiums

On that matter, why haven't more companies combined urinals and sinks into one unit? Give me more Sheets-Goldstein wacky plumbing shit please

d0880ad52bd32d25a6857b7b28fa567c.jpg

Jun 14, 2019
I remember, in middle school, we had this thing called Outdoor Science School, which was a week-long camp without parents. One guy bet his cabin mates that he could piss into the toilet from across the room.

He didn't win that bet.

Point is, urinals aren't required to do shit like that.

But he sure had a story about... the time he pissed all over the floor... and everybody else's shit.

Eh, good times were had by one.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
why is "we shouldn't have unisex restrooms" an option, we already solved this with ally mcbeal in 1997

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I don't think women really understand just how disgusting most men are.Take any establishment and their restrooms, and I can guarantee you the men's restroom is alot nastier than the women's, if you give a chance for men to not pick up the toilet seat when we piss, we will take it, especially 4 beers in.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Look, a lot of people are lazy/pieces of shit that don't lift the lid. Avoid the mess and keep urinals.

Also, women can use those pee funnels and we can all stand at the stadium trough!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Dear God yes! I'm out all the time with my babies and it used to suck having to find a place to change the kids.

I honestly go out to my car to do it. I have a decent mobile changing station in my trunk. But it's stupid that I have to change my kid in a parking lot only because most men's rooms lack changing tables, and in the off chance I get poop on my hands it's just horrible.