Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Trailer:

www.youtube.com

Shatter Remastered - Trailer

SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/29qBUt7About Netflix:Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 222 million paid memberships in over 190 co...

The trailer was posted a month ago, is Unlisted and thus only has 100 views when the Netflix YouTube channel has over 23 million subscribers? I'm confused! Will they change it to be Public now that the game is live?

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Wow I read trough all this thread and what a crazy ride lol
Im subscribed to NF, can I play this ? I didnt know that there is games on NF lol

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
So we have our first Netflix (judging by the devs classic response "i have no comment on this at the moment") timed exclusive (with surely a lot more to come).

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I guess this will be the first Netflix game I try out. I've been craving this and a few other titles (like Everyday Shooter above) to play on my Steam Deck, but I don't want to wait.

Console would be a whole lot better, of course, but get your $$$$$ devs I don't blame you

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't know Shattered mobile was something I wanted. Not used to touchscreen analogs but I had fun with my trial run. Here's hoping for a PS4 release sooner than later.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
I have no comment on this at this time.
winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long the timed exclusivity is.

Well besides "I can't tell you" long.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one who enjoys announcements of announcements, and with GDC approaching you might have expected something anyway (or not given how quiet I've been on this). But expect something a little unexpected to be announced soon, and maybe even a little confusing at first, but give it a little room to breath. Don't worry, it isn't NFTs. Sorry to be cryptic, on top of people here being incredibly patient, but all will be revealed over time and a bunch of you will have their hands on it soon.
Well, we were told...

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Port is pretty great so far. Wondering if it works with the backbone, though I'm too lazy to dig it out.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Well... That's two pleasant surprises for me today.

First I learned that shattered, a game I played a tonne of on steam is not only being remade, but is already out!

Also: I learned that Netflix published games and are included in a sub

Off to play shattered I go!

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I still listen to this soundtrack on the regular. It's awesome to see the game back and looking so clean! I miss the old logo design with the puck bouncing off of the letters though.

I will say that playing this on mobile works better than I would have expected, but my hands have such muscle memory for using the triggers to suck and blow. I really do hope we see a PS5 version of this down the line because I'm just imagining how cool that will be if it takes advantage of the DualSense features. Either way I'm incredibly happy to see that this game getting some fresh love!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I didn't even know Netflix has games. I can't even find a list of games in the app, but searching for shatter lets me download it, so I guess I'll be trying this out later today.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Hey MarioW, perhaps you can help. Is Shatter Remastered not available for Brazilian Netflix subscribers? It appears on the Brazilian App Store on my iPhone, but I can't login with my Netflix account, it keeps saying my password is incorrect, when it in fact isn't.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Well, controllers definitely work on the iPad version, yey.

Looks and plays amazingly as expected on the M1 powered iPad Pro.

Need to play some more to get my mojo back but it's definitely welcome to see again!

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Played the android version via Netflix last night. It's just as fun as I remember. The touch controls are great but my muscle memory wants me to be using a controller, but I got the hang of it. I don't play a lot of touch based games. I only made it past the first boss before bed. Seems a bit more forgiving than the first time I played it, too? Like i remember getting really frustrated not being able to figure out some of the boss mechanics on the original version.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Whatever you guys did worked! Got in this morning. Thanks!

Not sure it was us. I did see my message had been seen, but the team in NZ had already finished for for the day when I reached out (I'm at GDC). But glad it is working. Thanks for letting me know.

Played the android version via Netflix last night. It's just as fun as I remember. The touch controls are great but my muscle memory wants me to be using a controller, but I got the hang of it. I don't play a lot of touch based games. I only made it past the first boss before bed. Seems a bit more forgiving than the first time I played it, too? Like i remember getting really frustrated not being able to figure out some of the boss mechanics on the original version.

Hmmm not sure of the specifics of any rebalancing. I do know there was some work across both the UI/UX and the bosses themselves to highlight the weak spots better and hint more strongly towards what you need to do, but it was fairly subtle. Glad to hear that seems to have made it more intuitive.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Announced!

www.gematsu.com

Shatter Remastered Deluxe announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

PikPok has announced Shatter Remastered Deluxe for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in late 2022 for $9.99 worldwide.

YESSSSSSS! I'm so glad, because the mobile version just wasn't giving me the same sense of satisfaction. I'll be getting this on PS5 and Switch for sure.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Announced!

www.gematsu.com

Shatter Remastered Deluxe announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

PikPok has announced Shatter Remastered Deluxe for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in late 2022 for $9.99 worldwide.
Great timing!

I've just installed the current ver on my Steam Deck and it works great with Proton Experimental. This promises to be the definitive experience.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Dollar vs Entertainment ratio is off the charts on that price, I can't wait to pick this up and dive back in. I keep seeing it on PS Now but I know that if I get any kind of lag I will cry lol

Edit: and 4K@120fps.... god is real yall

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, MarioW can stop being so cagey :b

Thread continues to be a great example of developers getting involved in the Era community.