• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Underwater Come Back?

• Yes

Votes: 110 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 205 65.1%

• Total voters

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I would love for Underwater combat to return, yes!
Not a huge fan of the gameplay of it in MH3, but then again everything in World feels better, I can imagine Capcom making underwater much more fun. Maybe make it fast so it feels like a aerial 360 fight where you can go in every direction and make it fast. But I'm interested in seeing the MH team comes up with for underwater stuff.

But, talking about Paradigm Shifts, the one thing I want to see in this game is them revamping the multiplayer. Make it more Destiny, where you can team up with a friend and the leader launches activities for the rest of the team. If I'm in the village/hub, let me see up to 31 other hunters just walking around minding their own business and if a friend wants to join me, let them join me in the village/hub first. The Gathering Hub feels tacked on, I want all features just built into the main thing. I think the game that does this well is Destiny, Despite all the other issues that game has, it does coop well.

They could also remove timers. and also maaaaybe the lives systems, where if your wipe 3 times you are out. I don't mind them so much, but they feel like they don't fit with the game, and the only reason they brought them is because they are staples of the franchise since the beginning. But I think MHW was able to grab the essence of a MH game without re-doing everything the same. They could change some things around more to make it its own thing.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For changes to the next entries, I would like a revamp of traps. Not just putting an item on the floor and that's it, but something a little more involved, I dunno, something like some traps of HZD, but even with some of them having to collab with other hunters.

For changes to the next entries, I would like a revamp of traps. Not just putting an item on the floor and that's it, but something a little more involved, I dunno, something like some traps of HZD, but even with some of them having to collab with other hunters.
Peace Walker did something like that to be able to end armor boss fights early and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. You need voice chat up for something like that, which isn't a guarantee with randoms. Honestly, they just need more monsters to have unique interactions with traps, like Narga hard cancelling pitfalls when it's not enraged (conversely, Garuga when it's enraged), Zin being able to insta-unleash when it gets caught in a shock trap, Rajang doing Rajang things to shock traps, etc.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Peace Walker did something like that to be able to end armor boss fights early and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. You need voice chat up for something like that, which isn't a guarantee with randoms. Honestly, they just need more monsters to have unique interactions with traps, like Narga hard cancelling pitfalls when it's not enraged, Zin being able to insta-unleash when it gets caught in a shock trap, Rajang doing Rajang things to shock traps, etc.

hmmm yeah you're right about being hard to coordinate with randoms.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
While we're on the topic of gameplay changes, Clutch Claw needs to get nerfed big in the next one also.

Wall splats need to be only when a monster is tired and one per tired state (if not one per fight), so the Agitator meta of big damage on two wall slams into big damage from attack boosts when they enrage gets chopped at the knees.

Tenderize needs to only make monster parts you would normally bounce when hitting not bounce, and not increase damage and crit rate. Also, it should last way longer due to that if not permanent in the fight, even if it means you need to do more tenderizing hits to trigger the effect than currently.