DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
As others have said, I am concerned for the sanity of the DF crew.
Haha yes, it's gonna be tough for them, although their entire raison d'etre is to split hairs about the tech. Fortunately they've already staked their claim on the fact that raw resolution is going to be far less of a determinant as we go on in this fauxK post resolution world. It might get nasty though when the comparisons come down to a slightly higher resolution of raytracing or whatever though.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I guess I missed all the drama about this.

People finding the tiniest things to nitpick about and try to cause concern and upset among the fans of the console they don't like. It's sad that things haven't gotten any better since the last gen console launches when it comes to the console wars.

I feel really bad for the DF guys because they're just doing something they love doing, and they're creating interesting content for the people that love that kind of thing, but it's absolutely going to bring out the worst in people when they start dissecting the differences between games on XSX and PS5. I have always said that I hope the next consoles are as close together as possible when it comes to third party games, but now I'm thinking it may end up having the unfortunate side effect of riling up the warriors even more.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Im so happy that 60 fps seems to be the new minimum. The hardware is capable enough now to run games at 60. Unless its using raytracing there is no reason any game cant run at 60fps.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I wonder what will be this gens grass-gate? I wonder what it'll be? My guess is something shadow related.
I'm guessing the first big thing will be a PS5 version of a game either dropping dynamic res/frame rate more but having better loading times. You'll have arguments from both sides that their version is superior and the others is literally unplayable.

Or something totally left field where the PS5 performs better or XSX loads faster lol

Oh and the DF crew need to stay off social media for a few weeks/month after launch, for their mental health. Poor guys.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the first big thing will be a PS5 version of a game either dropping dynamic res/frame rate more but having better loading times. You'll have arguments from both sides that their version is superior and the others is literally unplayable.

Or something totally left field where the PS5 performs better or XSX loads faster lol
Left field?

we have insiders confirmed some games will run better on ps5. I suspect that's due to the I/O speed and better dev kit/ease of development.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Left field?

we have insiders confirmed some games will run better on ps5. I suspect that's due to the I/O speed and better dev kit/ease of development.
Left field based on HW specs. But I wouldn't be surprised it happening, specially at the beginning as it does seem Sonys dev environment is a bit more mature currently.
Like there could be a game more optimised for the XSX which for some odd reason loads faster. Actually you could see XSS load the fastest as it has less ram and therefore using smaller assets.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What does the DualSense taste like?

Why hasn't Sony made a statement yet? The console is out in a matter of weeks.
Smh, it's going to be like the Switch where we didn't know what the cartridges tasted like until launch (bahaha, it's still crazy that was a brief thing - one of the more fun / surreal launch fads).

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
God going through Twitter I am now of the belief this is the worst console launch in terms of fanboys.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I guess with certain next gen features being resource hogs like ray tracing, maybe we will see a ton of games offering a non-ray traced 60 fps performance mode.

I also hope they take advantage of VRR being a standard on the new consoles to offer unlocked framerate options in games.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Left field based on HW specs. But I wouldn't be surprised it happening, specially at the beginning as it does seem Sonys dev environment is a bit more mature currently.
Like there could be a game more optimised for the XSX which for some odd reason loads faster. Actually you could see XSS load the fastest as it has less ram and therefore using smaller assets.
Based on hardware specs? To be fair it's less straight forward than always. We've had devs, and insiders again here say that the teraflop difference isn't that important and won't show up in hugely meaningful ways. The SSD I/O speeds on the other hand could be massive.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
God going through Twitter I am now of the belief this is the worst console launch in terms of fanboys.

Only now ? This has been the state for about 6 months it will only get worse. The DF guys even came out and talked about how tiring and exhausting the discord about it all is.

Even on here fanboy wars are fought with side comments etc and at times just straight up warrioring, it's exhausting to see.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
not even close.. have you forgotten the 1080p 720p fiasco from 2013?
I feel like we were all in a bad spot back then. We had tons of industry personalities saying console gaming was all but dead and we would be playing phone games, Kinect was still a main focus for Microsoft, prices were different for Sony and Microsoft etc.

This generation I feel like you can't go wrong with either console.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
So here's a thing...

Remember when you were in school doing creative writing and your teacher told you to try and avoid using repetition in your phrasing?

Well, that holds true to press releases too, amazingly enough.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last few weeks have been pretty wild in terms of conspiracy theories and FUD.

First the narrative was that Sony had an initial controlled test in Japan, and didn't let people touch the system because the test was either faked or they were hiding issues.

Then the narrative was that Sony was hiding the consoles from media by not sending them out at the exact same time as the Series X, due to issues they didn't want people to know about.

Then when US outlets started to receive consoles, the narrative switched to Sony specifically choosing not to send them to Digital Foundry to prevent them from testing things.

Then when Digital Foundry confirmed only US outlets had received units, and that EU units would be sent slightly later, the conspiracy theorists still persisted, till Digital Foundry finally confirmed they'd recieved theirs too.

Then the new narrative was that this tiny difference in language from Ubisoft meant the PS5 versions were notably worse, which Ubi have now had to confirm too.

Some people....

When you actually list it out like that you realize how crazy this all this sounds....man.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
First we had the numerous concern posts, now we're getting the numerous concern about concern posts. Every thread that might be slightly critical of any feature or function of the new machines (real or imagined) is getting completely clogged with concern trolling and the nearly as bad "oh you sound concerned" dismissal type posts. Any chance of some proper discussion is getting buried between an avalanche of these shitty responses, it's pretty tedious.

I mean the initial thread about the ubisoft games was obviously nonsense but the tone of this thread and the title isn't helping anything.

Consider this my concern post about concern about concern posts. This forum is going to eat itself in the next month isn't it?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
When you actually list it out like that you realize how crazy this all this sounds....man.
Oh...and that's just from the past few weeks. Whew...

I do hope it ends or dies down eventually. Might not matter soon, because the only time I may have to be on ERA is at work.

Once I get home....play with my new shiny.

Can't wait.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last few weeks have been pretty wild in terms of conspiracy theories and FUD.

First the narrative was that Sony had an initial controlled test in Japan, and didn't let people touch the system because the test was either faked or they were hiding issues.

Then the narrative was that Sony was hiding the consoles from media by not sending them out at the exact same time as the Series X, due to issues they didn't want people to know about.

Then when US outlets started to receive consoles, the narrative switched to Sony specifically choosing not to send them to Digital Foundry to prevent them from testing things.

Then when Digital Foundry confirmed only US outlets had received units, and that EU units would be sent slightly later, the conspiracy theorists still persisted, till Digital Foundry finally confirmed they'd recieved theirs too.

Then the new narrative was that this tiny difference in language from Ubisoft meant the PS5 versions were notably worse, which Ubi have now had to confirm too.

Some people....

Fanboys man. They're all bad, but the ones that have popped up in the last couple of months are a special breed.

And I mean special in every sense.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I guess with certain next gen features being resource hogs like ray tracing, maybe we will see a ton of games offering a non-ray traced 60 fps performance mode.

I also hope they take advantage of VRR being a standard on the new consoles to offer unlocked framerate options in games.

The dream would be a VRR option at a system level that every game is obliged to support.

Is there any confirmed support for PS5 or XsX?

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly did not know this even came up. But, there was no doubt in my mind. These are cross gen games. Both consoles should run these just fine.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Don't stop the concern. It nourishes me.

3jgukd.jpg

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Why would the "PR" say its upscaled 4k when the official site clearly says 4k at 60 fps?
Also they even took the time to correct that claim on the official page(They wrote 4k AND 60fps first)
UBI has no reason to hide that fact when they are in a marketing deal with Microsoft.
Its all sus.
Upscaled actually makes more sense. 4k60 is a hard task for even a 2080ti on AC Odyssey. And it stands to reason that Valhalla will be a better looking game, too.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Why would the "PR" say its upscaled 4k when the official site clearly says 4k at 60 fps?
Also they even took the time to correct that claim on the official page(They wrote 4k AND 60fps first)
UBI has no reason to hide that fact when they are in a marketing deal with Microsoft.
Its all sus.
Please point out game advertisements or descriptions that say upscaled 4K. That doesn't really happen. They say 4K and what that actually means unless it has the word native next to it is anyone's guess.