• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Wait so they asked the District Attorney to hide the address because they were apparently getting death threats, but the District Attorney said they needed proof of these threats before they would because otherwise there's no reason to hide the address. Then, instead of telling anyone or providing any evidence of death threats, the family just up and moved? 🤔
Yes that's exactly what happened.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
So this asshole needs a safehouse? I bet if you follow him home after one of the parties he's attending while out on bail in a pandemic, that's pretty easy to locate. I didn't follow this closely because it's not my country and it disgusts and upsets me but he hasn't exactly kept a low profile, has he?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Isn't this a pretty bad idea? Unless he leaves the country the consequences of doing are going to be way harsher than the regulat trial.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Isn't a lawyer knowingly signing documents he know to be false perjury?
I saw a theory from someone on Twitter that because Trump has been teflon to this point when it comes to doing whatever illegal shit he wants with no real consequences, a bunch of his supporters think they're able to do the same. Hopefully they're in for a rude awakening.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They need to throw everyone, up to and including the person who put gas in the uhaul, in jail. Cop and lawyer too.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He'll probably pop up soon, get a slap on the wrist then remind everyone that the bail money he just lost was graciously donated from all the white supremacists and rednecks Fox News directed to his bail GoFundMe.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't that one freshman GOP congressman want Rittenhouse elected to Congress?

I'd ask if he changed his tune, but considering MTG is fast on her way to becoming the de facto face of the party, I'm sure support for this stupid idea has increased if anything.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the Supreme Cheeto in Command cannot bail him out anymore, he probably is long gone from the country. They will find him though, he isn't a cartel boss.

Oct 30, 2017
Is Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer Kyle Rittenhouse?

How the fuck can an attorney be so dumb as to purposefully lie on an official court document because a cop told you to do it?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is so absurd. The justice system in the US is beyond broken.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Good lawyer there taking legal advice from a non lawyer police officer. lol! What a clown! I'd love to have a hearing to see why this cop encouraged simply lying under oath, and if he regularly makes these types of suggestions to defendants.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Kenosha Police: Actually, No, We Did Not Tell Kyle Rittenhouse to Lie About Where He's Living

Rittenhouse's attorney Mark Richards filed a motion that claimed a local police captain instructed the defense to lie about where he was staying on a pretrial bond document.

To hear the defense say it, "a high-ranking member of the Kenosha Police Department" instructed former Rittenhouse lawyer John Pierce "to provide the address of the Rittenhouse Safe House because of the numerous threats made against Kyle and his family."

Pierce also supplied an affidavit making that claim.

"While I was completing this form, I was approached by a Kenosha Police Department Captain, who offered his assistance," Pierce continued [emphasis in original]. "I asked the Kenosha Police Captain what address to put on the form. The Kenosha Police Captain told me that I 'absolutely should not' provide the address of the physical location of the Rittenhouse Safe House on the form, but to instead provide his home address in Antioch, Illinois."

The Kenosha Police claim that allegation simply isn't true.

"A Kenosha Police Captain did have a brief conversation with Mr. Pierce, regarding security concerns raised by Mr. Pierce, surrounding the Kyle Rittenhouse release from custody," Kenosha police said in a press release issued Thursday. "The conversation did not include instructions about how to fill out paperwork."

"It is the responsibility of the defendant and his/her representation to complete bond paperwork completely and accurately," the department continued. "It is the further responsibility of the defendant to comply with conditions of bond."

Documents originally provided to Law&Crime by Richards did not contain the name of the police officer in question but later court documents filed by the defense identified the alleged culprit as one "Captain Tim Schaal."
lawandcrime.com

Kenosha Police: Actually, No, We Did Not Tell Kyle Rittenhouse to Lie About Where He's Living

Attorneys for admitted Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse caused quite a row in some recent court filings. Now, the Kenosha Police Department is telling the public they are in no way responsible for any of the defense's eyebrow-raising claims.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

lawandcrime.com

Attorneys for admitted Kenosha killer Kyle Rittenhouse caused quite a row in some recent court filings. Now, the Kenosha Police Department is telling the public they are in no way responsible for any of the defense's eyebrow-raising claims.
They probably did tell them how to fill it out and are attempting to avoid trouble.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
it's very fun to see how the USA judicial systems contort themself into a pretzel to defend a single white supremacist.

and for fun I mean disheartening.

Nov 2, 2019
Can they still not find this fucker?

If a black man out on bond for murder (like that would even happen in the first place) jumped bond and no one knew where he was, it would be all over the news and manhunts underway.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
He's just a kid! We must give him at least 5 more years to make the correct decision in turning himself in.
He just needs more time and experience to figure out that killing people is wrong!

It's sad that the Left want to continue to punish somebody for something they did 5 years ago. That's his past.
Cancel culture at work, I'll tell you what. Literally trying to cancel a young man with his whole life ahead of him for being a patriot in the best way he knew how. No wonder our once great country is in decline.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

lawandcrime.com

Quelle surprise.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
If the lawyer claims they filled out the form wrong on purpose to move him to a "safe house" then doesn't that mean the lawyer knows where he really is? How is it possible that he's still missing for this long?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They still haven't found him? There are folks sitting in jail for months over a joint or two. But this murderer can just skip out?

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019

lawandcrime.com

I have no trouble believing the police in this case. I'm not ascribing any good motives to them, it's just very easy to imagine the conversation going like this:

Lawyer: What do I put on this 'home address' line?
Cop: The guy's home address...
Lawyer: Not the secret safehouse location?
Cop: ...Just put the home address in.

Stupid excuse by the lawyer, either way.