ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I want TLOU Pt. 3 or another narrative-driven IP.

ND's greatest strength by far is their ability to craft a compelling dramatic story. I think their talents would be wasted on a lighthearted IP IMO. Uncharted is good but doesn't compare at all to TLOU. I'm in day one no matter what they do, though.
They have pretty much washed their hands off of UC. Rumors are a new studio in San Diego is working on it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
this will never be a thing, its just an ingame universe lore element, just like the superhero cards in part 2.

Yeah those kind of "world building" elements are probably even crafted by a separate team. I never understood people getting so excited for Savage Starlight to be its own thing. Its was nothing. Just background world building, like the trading cards in part 2, almost designed to be somewhat generic to give the player a sense that this world is a lot like ours.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Guess I'm done with ND games at this point, 8 games following the same template in a row is TOO MUCH.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Everytime their games release they basically set a new standard for Playstation exclusives.

Based on what we've seen of the new Horizon (which itself is open world) I actually can't imagine how good their PS5 game will look.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Yeah those kind of "world building" elements are probably even crafted by a separate team. I never understood people getting so excited for Savage Starlight to be its own thing. Its as nothing. Just background world building, like the trading cards in part 2, almost designed to be somewhat generic to give the player a sense that this world is a lot like ours.
They go to extreme lengths to prevent leaks, obviously they are not announcing their next game through collectibles.

Sep 14, 2018
Yeah those kind of "world building" elements are probably even crafted by a separate team. I never understood people getting so excited for Savage Starlight to be its own thing. Its was nothing. Just background world building, like the trading cards in part 2, almost designed to be somewhat generic to give the player a sense that this world is a lot like ours.
The trading cards are about Savage Starlight too. And they definitely put some thought into it, enough that it wouldn't be surprising if they ever did something else with it. I just don't think ND is interested in making a game about it, especially after they turned Neil into a character.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I think that's for the best. I like Druckman, but I think he's better suited for more serious games. Uncharted isn't supposed to be serious.
I think it's for the best because I want ND to keep innovating instead of being sequel factories. And Drake's story is over anyway.

Bring on a new IP!

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
Would love to see a pirate game with Uncharted art style.
Could be a good good trade off between linear elements (missions on small island) and open world level design.
73ppZS1.jpg

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope their next game is less heavy than TLOU2. I liked the game, but I don't think they could one up the grief, and I honestly don't know if I have it in me to play another one.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Can they please bring back Edgar Newman? He did some great work for ND, I would say he's a tier below the Miyamotos and Druckmanns of the industry.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Whether it is a new IP or tlou3, I hope it's as dark and gritty as Tlou2 was or even more. Plenty of light hearted games on the market but there aren't many experiences like tlou2.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
That'll be the game where you play as an assassin droid in the outer rim, taking bounties for a living. Your path crosses with dark side user, and together you go off on an adventure, killing anyone who stands in your way. I wish.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Was your experience playing TLOU2 the same as watching a Netflix show? Or something?
Haven't played TLOU2 yet. No rush since it's single-player only, so I'll just get it for cheap in a few months and enjoy better performance on PS5.

But this was all I could think of while playing the original's campaign. The multiplayer was fantastic though, and it made my full-price purchase totally worth it

HeWhoWalks

Jan 17, 2018
After the unrivaled graphical showpiece that is The Last Of Us Part II, I truly cannot imagine what their next gen stuff is going to look like!

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
You will be ready for another in 7 years :p

I personally dropped the first one when I got it for free on PSN after a few hours cause I thought the stealth gameplay was mediocre and only got around to playing it this year in anticipation of TLOU2 where my primary motivation was that it was based in Seattle. I dove straight into 2, where the gameplay felt a lot better, but was pretty soul crushing overall.

I know I'm in the minority, but I greatly prefer the Uncharted series. ND has incredible production values, characterization, and dialog, but imo TLOU2 was very on the nose, and heavy handed in getting its message across. Nothing really shocked me it was just emotionally manipulative, and I'd prefer a game where guilt and hate aren't the primary drives. It is fantastic execution but taking a sad movie and spreading it over 30 hrs is a little much.

Feb 23, 2019
Hoping for a fantasy/colorful project that still retains the story elements but isn't anywhere near as confined and linear as TLOU2

They also need to lessen the walk and talk moments or make them more engaging because their titles are becoming a lot more difficult to play through multiple times

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not TLoU3.

That's best saved for the end of the generation.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Wow so unexpected..... for real, mad excited, these guys re top of their class, my second favorite Sony studio. Crash Bandicoot was my first playstation game ever and I've been a fan since.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's how they should end the PS5 gen. I know they would deliver. But I need something lighter from them first lol Savage Starlight we need it
I'm not really interested in a space game from them. I just want the best TLoU3 possible and that's best saved for closing the generation.