• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Source (in Japanese) - ryokuta2089 is rock solid when it comes to this sort of stuff.

English article.

Taken from a small development update on SMT V (which should be in this upcoming Weekly Famitsu), producer Kazuyuki Yamai (the director of the Maniax additions to Nocturne / writer on the game proper) randomly mentions that ~ 'we are constantly considering a port/remake of III - Nocturne, I'd like to aim for opportunities'.

So obviously, don't take this as any kind of confirmation - it comes off more as Yamai being interested in the idea than actually actively doing it, but it's still a pretty big deal that he'd even bring it up in the first place.

Thoughts, opinions? Condemn me to the apocalypse if old.

EDIT: Clarified Yamai's role.

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nocturne is the only mainline SMT that wasn't on a Nintendo platform so a remaster for Switch would make sense in the run up to SMTV.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best game Atlus ever made so they need to do it sooner or later.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel that whenever Atlus brings up something like this unsolicited, it means it's not gonna happen for a long ass time.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I'd even take a remaster with fusion mechanics updated to how they are in recent games.

Also, put Raidou back in there instead of Dante. I don't want Dante.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it going to be based on Maniax featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series or Maniax Chronicle featuring Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV from the Devil Summoner series?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
And now a new crop of gamers will know this hell

matador3tf32.png

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more interested in a DDS port since a lot of people ignored those when they came out and they could definitely benefit from more exposure, but nice.

Nice. Leave out Dante.
I'd even take a remaster with fusion mechanics updated to how they are in recent games.

Also, put Raidou back in there instead of Dante. I don't want Dante.
You are not going to get either Dante or Raidou, but Yukiko from the popular Persona 4 series.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Give me just a remaster with better framerate, some quirky extended extra dungeon or quest. It still looks and feel great and maybe just need some texture work.

After that, a bundle with both Digital Devil Saga, objectively the best SMT on Ps2 (not counting Persona). Fight me.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
SMT Nocturne for Switch - Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta Series. Make it so.

Edit: Actually this makes a scary amount of sense considering Bayonetta's ties to both Sega and Nintendo, Atlus now being owned by Sega, and mainline SMT's apparent exclusivity to Nintendo consoles.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I would love this so damn much. I wish any of the Megaten games released since Nocturne came close to that game, but sadly none of them have. It's so damn good.

Jul 24, 2018
If Atlus is gonna remake a game it usually means they are adding something new in to justify it. And I'm all aboard with that! Love Lucifer's Call.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
I'd play it anyways, I didn't have enough experience with RPG's to enjoy it the first time I played it years ago.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really need a remake. Just replace Dante with Raidou and let you pick skills when fusing.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying it forever, a Nocturne remake for Switch would just make perfect sense and I hope they end up doing it. It would be a great thing to fill time before SMTV comes out and build hype for it, as well as get Nocturne to a ton of people that have likely never played it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
A remaster in which he could play on a handheld and make it more accessible would be a blessing

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
SMT Nocturne for Switch - Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta Series. Make it so.

Edit: Actually this makes a scary amount of sense considering Bayonetta's ties to both Sega and Nintendo, Atlus now being owned by Sega, and mainline SMT's apparent exclusivity to Nintendo consoles.

Also add Dante for a fun mix?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I doubt they'll do a remake. But as said in the other thread, if they do a remaster, hope they fix the controls and some other bits.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Tbh I'd like as low res a port as possible cause I figure a lot of that games look is locked up in its 480 presentation

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
HelplessPeriodicConure-small.gif

Actually I would like Atlus port every Megaten to modern systems, but especially Raidou Kuzunoha, just to continue what Soul Hackers did for 3DS.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Nocturne with Doi art downgrade and waifus added. no thanks, not trusting modern Atlus.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It just needs a remaster with a fusing system that actually makes sense

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Btw, total tangent but did anyone here ever buy those digital devil saga ports on PS3 PSN and find them unplayably slow? Like they were running in a bad emulator

Just remembering it now cause Nocturne is also up on PSN (that port is better I think)