• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Updated the boxart for easy mode.

image4567.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised it isn't planned for PC; they released P4G, it was a huge success, and now?

This was probably in development prior to P4G's runaway success on Steam. It's most likely coming some time later once the console sales slow down.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why is that an issue? If it's like other MegaTen games they give you an option to turn the VA off.

That's probably for the best. Nocturne's dialogue is weird enough that I can't imagine listening to a bunch of generic anime voice actors trying to muddle through it without bursting out laughing or facepalming myself to death.

This game's dialogue was very distinctly not written with English voices in mind.

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
So I tried playing this game earlier in the year and here's my experience.

After a great introduction with a cool setup you get to the first save point before the first area with battles. You have one attack. The area is full of random encounters with enemies that do more damage than your attack does. You die and are kicked back out to the title screen.

Looking forward to an easier difficulty!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
so a livestram with actual gameplay next week, right?
with the 2020 japanese release, I'd say that we have to wait a little longer for localization issues..?
but...being an HD remaster...it's still weird! lol

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably for the best. Nocturne's dialogue is weird enough that I can't imagine listening to a bunch of generic anime voice actors trying to muddle through it without bursting out laughing or facepalming myself to death.

This game's dialogue was very distinctly not written with English voices in mind.

hopefully it's got dual audio

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, hopefully they'll let you use the Japanese voice track.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Thé game is already localised. Why the fuck isn't it coming this year?

Its not like it's gonna be overshadowed by ANYTHING.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Damn, right when i was about to start playing it on my PS2.

I'm still probably going to play it on PS2, but this is great.

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
Can't wait.

Now can I also get this (and the first one) remastered at some point as well?

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
So I tried playing this game earlier in the year and here's my experience.

After a great introduction with a cool setup you get to the first save point before the first area with battles. You have one attack. The area is full of random encounters with enemies that do more damage than your attack does. You die and are kicked back out to the title screen.

Looking forward to an easier difficulty!
You need to figure out the enemies weakness. You always need to have the upper hand in battle. Anyway, the Japanese trailer did say it has easy mode now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, hopefully they'll let you use the Japanese voice track.

I would honestly say in Nocturne's case it would be better to just play it with no voice acting at all. The dialogue scenes are not exactly cinematic, so you will probably be able to read them way more quickly than the voice actors would deliver their lines.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Really hope they add "save anywhere", other Atlus SMT remasters do so. I beat Nocturne without it and it was fine, but why not.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is this game? I only play persona. Why is this SMT 3 so famous?

It's commonly held as the best Shin Megami Tensei title of all time, at least over here in the West.

Deep and tough gameplay, beautiful isolationist art style and atmosphere, and a banging soundtrack all come together.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Relieved it's coming out for ps4, who knows how well a portable nocturne will run even if it's an old title. This is also my chance to beat Nocturne TDE without use of save states, hopefully there'll be an updated save system. Sucks about Dante though, I've partially played both of Raidou's games and he didn't strike me as interesting at all, certainly not as interesting as 2 badass demons teaming up to challenge God.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
the wording is interesting, don't know if I am reading too much into it since ATLUS are
literally unpredictable but..

meanwhile the SMT V tweet says "exclusively on Nintendo Switch"

maybe another PC port?

Edit: didnt know it was coming to PS4 too, thanks

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In the middle of it on PS2 right now. Damn is it hard. First couple bosses really get you as they test you to see if you actually understand the battle system in regards to weakness and how strong buffs and debuts are. You won't get through spamming the same shit over and over in every fight like Pokémon or something.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is this game? I only play persona. Why is this SMT 3 so famous?

SMT 3 laid the ground work for modern Persona in many ways (first Atlus game on PS2, Press Turn combat system) on top of being a fantastic game in its own right. Far more difficult than P3/P4, dripping with dark atmosphere from the art, music, and story.

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I swear to god, I nearly made a "What's the likelihood of an SMT3 port?" thread the other day. I've been wanting to finally finish it on PS3 but have been nervous about this exact thing happening!

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
You need to figure out the enemies weakness. You always need to have the upper hand in battle. Anyway, the Japanese trailer did say it has easy mode now.

But you only have the one attack! Which none of them are weak too! I really want to get into this game, but that along with being thrown back to the title screen really put me off.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
If they release SMT III in October in Japan when could realistically SMT V end up? November/December or summer?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The only change I would want is for skill transfers to be like in 4. Let me just pick instead of wasting my time rolling.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Holy shit, it's actually happening.
  2. Holy shit, 30 FPS with drops to 15.
  3. Did Atlus forget about PC already?
Please don't ruin the full release with voice acting...
Hopefully it will be optional for people that don't want it.

Was this the one with Hitler? Or was that the second one?
Persona 2: Innocent Sin

Cant wait for all the hilarious "We need a Easy Mode!" threads haha
merciful-wfko9.jpg