Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
n4JVrXH.gif

y3TrGnQ.gif

Japanese ver.

English ver.

"Work in progress - game not final"

----------

Shenmue III will also have a 20 minute segment on Gamespot's E3 Livestream on June 12th at 2PM PDT.

There will also be a hands-on demo for press, so expect impressions to start trickling out once the show opens for real tomorrow.

It's also Yu Suzuki's birthday!

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Holy shit.

EGS exclusive when 5 days ago we backers got a Mail that its on Steam....+

4th June:

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Oct 25, 2017
Are people really expecting a game with a small Kickstarter budget to compete with 100 million AAA behemoths on the graphics front?

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I have to be honest: That was fucking awful. I get the budget is small and all that, but ... it just doesn't look good to me. I hope the end product is satisfactory to big fans and backers.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still getting my Steam code from backing, aren't I?

I almost forgot about the Steam page. Still has the same release date too. Interesting...

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The game looks like it could be alright underneath a Mass Effect Andromeda like surface of jankness.

That said, it's really sad to see a franchise that was known for pushing technological boundaries return so late and look so poor.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
That looked very rough. Still looking forward to it as I am a long time fan, but really not impressed with that trailer.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hopefully this does well so we get more Dreamcast comebacks, but I won't lie, this looks rough. Understandable since it has like 1/10th of the original Shenmue's budget, but I wish Sony supported them a bit more.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks exactly as expected. A sequel to Shenmue 1+2 in HD with a AA budget. I like it.
Now I have to wait for my Kickstarter physical copy ;)

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect the english voice acting to be that spot-on to how it was in the original games. That's delightful. Though for those who don't quite have a taste for it, thankfully the JP voiceover is still there

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'd have been better off using the money to make a Shenmue platformer or top down exploration game than attempting this.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty good but the training with lots of people looked rough graphically. Still excited

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never expected this to blow me away graphically or technically due to the limited production budget and development, and whilst it does look charming and quite pretty overall, at least one of those faces was indeed laughably bad lol.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think the only thing they need to fix at this point is the eyes. Just animate them at ALL outside of blinking. That'll fix a surprising amount.

The voice acting and animations are honestly weirdly nostalgic, the way he pats that girl on the head is so Shenmue it's charming IMO