• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

Okay, people are aware of the people who do that constantly. This is the first in a while I've seen anyone called on it so it felt like I was taking crazy pills.
Yeah I feel like this has just grown more and more prominent as time goes by. There's a decent amount of vocal posters who live in a black and white morality world here, but I wouldn't say it's the majority.

Oct 29, 2017
I know someone in the Atlanta area who was at a sporting goods store several years ago. His son was looking at bikes and Shaq came walking through. The kid recognized him and Shaq was as nice as could be, spent some time talking with the kid and then bought him the bike he wanted.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Used to work at a theater where you would get fired if on the spot if he came in and you drew attention to him (not like his stature didn't do that already). There was a new guy who was only a couple days in who started freaking out since no one told him, and was being reprimanded by a manager. Shaq I guess saw this, walked over to them and asked the new guy if he wanted a photo/autograph, saved the dude's job.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Never watched basketball (I'm from the Uk) but I spent half an hour watching these Shaq videos. Really nice guy - thanks for sharing.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
People keep being up all the horrible shit Shaq has done and they haven't even mentioned Kazam

Mar 3, 2019
He seems like a pretty charitable guy with a strong business sense, makes a ton of money off of endorsements and investments, one of the perks of being a multimillionaire at 19. There's some really good interviews with Graham Bessinger where he lets the tough guy facade down a little and you learn more about him as a person and how he became what he is as an individual.

Like all humans he has his flaws, mainly quick to anger and bullying. Javelle and Dwight got the worst of it, personally I think it's pretty in-appropriate especially considering the stature that he has as an analyst

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'd be nice too if I was rich as fuck & could have people come film me doing all my nice things from the bottom of my heart.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
The relationship between Shaq and Barkley is one of the most wholesome things I've seen. Proper bromance.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
While we're at it, he's not even that great at basketball ball. I heard he was so bad a kid beat him. Obviously he was embarrassed by this and went through great lengths keeping it under wraps. The kid released a video on his account of the whole situation, it has some pretty damning evidence in my opinion.

youtu.be

Aaron Carter - That's How I Beat Shaq

Aaron Carter's official music video for 'That's How I Beat Shaq'. Click to listen to Aaron Carter on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/AaronCarterSpotify?IQid=Aaro...

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I brought a dress shirt and pants from his line of fancy clothing once.

They were comfy.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
he seems thin skinned. Phil Jackson iirc has talked about how on those old Laker teams they had to be super careful around Shaq and basically coddle him and not be too hard on him about missing FTs or staying in shape whereas he was harder on Kobe because he knew Kobe could take it.

More recently he got really pissy over the fact that Dan Lebatard questioned how big of a lockerroom leader he actually was back when he was playing for the Heat. lol

I like the big fella, but yeah that side is definitely apparent.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Those videos in the op are inspirational. No body expects anyone to be perfect but imagine the difference in the world if all wealthy people were this giving.

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
He seems like a pretty charitable guy with a strong business sense, makes a ton of money off of endorsements and investments, one of the perks of being a multimillionaire at 19. There's some really good interviews with Graham Bessinger where he lets the tough guy facade down a little and you learn more about him as a person and how he became what he is as an individual.

Like all humans he has his flaws, mainly quick to anger and bullying. Javelle and Dwight got the worst of it, personally I think it's pretty in-appropriate especially considering the stature that he has as an analyst

Fun fact outside of his first Million he hasn't spent a dime from any of the money he made from his NBA contracts. He's been living off of endorsements and business deals since '93