• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Not sure if you guys noticed but Steam page confirms Eidos Montreal to be the only developer of the game.

1mxA0jL.png

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. I enjoyed both the last two games....mind you I have enjoyed pretty much everyone since the original.

Perfection

Mar 2, 2018
User warned for trolling and console warring
The X version will probably be sabotaged again so those filthy people can feel good about their purchases.

Sameer Sedlar

Feb 8, 2018
Egypt
I am so excited, even though I thought that Rise of the Tomb Raider was inferior to Tomb Raider, I feel like Shadow will be quite something.

MrHeisenbird

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Since the Uncharted franchise is on an indefinite hiatus, I might try this out. I've never been a Tomb Raider guy.

It's nice that the PS4 and PC versions are releasing on time, but obviously that doesn't matter concerning the game itself.

Jan 2, 2018
Need more info!! probably nothing until E3,but very happy to see it announced so close to release,this is the way to go! EDIT: April 27 it is then.

Deleted member 1484

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day One! I hope the main story will be better than RotTR, and that there'll be plenty of side content to do.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I am so excited, even though I thought that Rise of the Tomb Raider was inferior to Tomb Raider, I feel like Shadow will be quite something.

Yeh can't really put my finger on what it exactly is, but TR was more enjoyable than ROTR.
Excited about this, too bad it's only a teaser, but the setting looks promising

Oct 27, 2017
A very poor marketing teaser. Its all good showing Mayan theme (presumably?) But that is not going to excite people or random dude with gun. If this is for true the 'finale' to her origin story then in the teaser end with dual pistols being held or at least a single line of dialogue to keep people guessing what is happening. As it is this teaser has zero purpose, people don't need reveal trailers telegraphed just release them. Even just showing a huge tomb in front of her and that kind of imagery à la the original Tomb Raider imagery would have caused more excitement. As it stands this does very little. Hope the game is great though enjoyed the last two but thought the characters apart from Lara were largely complete bores. I wish they would double down on characterising Lara in this one and forget the noise.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I hope they include a PSVR mode with this one as well. Exploring Mayan temples and locations like that in some sort of side quests could be pretty rad.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I liked playing both of the last two, I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider's story wasn't as good as the reboot, but I'll probably pick this one up some time this fall or early next year. They are enjoyable if anything else!

polychron

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked the last two games, so I will probably end up playing this but something about this announcement seemed familiar to me...

From their Twitter:
Experience Lara Croft's defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider.

So I went back and looked at their old press releases. On the announcement of the first of this trilogy:

"Forget everything you knew about TOMB RAIDER, we are exploring things that have never been done before in this game," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics. "This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

And on 'Rise of the Tomb Raider':

"in her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider."
"
Now I'm not an expert here, but if you're saying the first adventure was "a character defining journey" and the second was "accept[ing] her destiny as the Tomb Raider" then I fail to understand how this new game could be her defining moment? Surely it's a redefining moment at best, no?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Well, that's a disappointing teaser after waiting for so long for the certain announcement. Hopefully the "real" reveal is grand and not a "just wait for E3 when we will really, really show the game".

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Microsoft has the marketing deal with this game and they don't want PS4 Pro version being mentioned (support is definitely coming, though)?

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up to do the OT for this when come out, so a shout out to anyone here who'd like to assist with this on text/graphics when the time comes. It would be cool to have a great OT done by its fans and community.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I really don't get the point of these teaser reveals after they hype it up and then say that the FULL reveal will happen on a later date. Couldn't they have just skipped the teaser and do the full reveal today instead of in April? It just seems pointless to get a full CGI teaser to me.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I would like to play a new Uncharted game this September.

Better than that, you get tomb raider!

I really don't get the point of these teaser reveals after they hype it up and then say that the FULL reveal will happen on a later date. Couldn't they have just skipped the teaser and do the full reveal today instead of in April? It just seems pointless to get a full CGI teaser to me.

Its not pointless, the new tr movie comes out today.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm not an expert here, but if you're saying the first adventure was "a character defining journey" and the second was "accept[ing] her destiny as the Tomb Raider" then I fail to understand how this new game could be her defining moment? Surely it's a redefining moment at best, no?
It's a defining experience divided into three parts.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
Not much to go off from just that teaser but I'll say the setting shown looks interesting, can't wait to see more. I'm also really glad this isn't going to be a timed exclusive like the last game