• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017

Coming January 17th.

Really enjoyed the first season. This looks like a good time as well.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Coming January 17th.
1839_picture.png

On a more serious note I'm really looking forward to this as it's one of the few programmes my wife and I both really enjoyed.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
The one weird thing in the first season ( at least weird to me) was how Americanized the school seemed. I don't think it is like this in the UK, is it?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The one weird thing in the first season ( at least weird to me) was how Americanized the school seemed. I don't think it is like this in the UK, is it?

I remember reading it's intentional, something to help attract a larger American audience. Personally I love that it's this weird amalgamation, makes it feel unique compared to other school settings.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I love how Netflix has at least one show that sneaks up on me each month.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks incredible. The first season was a big surprise for me and one of the highlights of the past year. It's my feel-good show. The cast is great, themes and story is good and current and the soundtrack is stellar.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Always cracks me up when people say Netflix has nothing good to watch, when their library is indeed deep and varied across the board. I decided to randomly watch this show, and my gf and I love it. Hyped for season 2

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I tried S1 on the fly, turned out to be a pretty great show. Lookin' forward to seeing how this will play out.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that wild. I went to school in the UK and we never had lockers ever. And proms are a fairly recent thing.

lockers generally in halls are fairly common now - both the schools my kids went to have them. But not locker rooms - like the changing room for gym/PE - thats just usually benches with hooks on the walls.

proms are recent yeah - not a fan personally, especially as we seem to have proms for both primary and secondary school which just seems odd

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I kept putting off the first season for some reason but eventually watched it a few months back... absolutely loved it. I thought I'd have way longer to wait for a follow-up - super hyped it's so soon!

(What else is coming on the 17th out of interest?)

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's asking if locker rooms and proms are a thing in the UK
Which im gonna assume the answer is yes lol
It's only the last 15 years or so Proms have begun to be a thing in UK, mainly due to US TV/Movie influence.

There is quite a pushback against it though, as Prom expectations (suit, elegant dress, limo etc) is pretty costly on the students vs regular school dances which always been a thing and where students could dress however they wanted. Parents don't like the pressure of sex either which regular school parties do not have.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just finished S1. It really grew on me. I kinda groaned when they introduced the incredibly sitcom-y "kid gives sex advice to fellow students" shtick but it's thankfully a much smaller part of the show than I was expecting.

All the cast/performances/production values are great. I just really hope they don't go the obvious route of having Otis and Maeve get together by the end; Otis and Ola seem like so much more natural and cute a couple, I hope she doesn't just get pawned off in a few episodes' time.

Also thought the "twist" with Adam felt a bit forced in the final episode but interested to see where they go with it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly watched S1 a few months back for I can't remember what reason and loved it. Funny and moving, some really poignant parts too (the scene with Eric where his Dad talked about how brave he is was beautiful).

Currently binging S4 of Mr. Robot but this is jumping straight to the head of the queue when I'm done.