• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
She was right, but yeah, maybe could have been a little more tactful about the situation. She may as well have have had a guy on the side handing out gas masks.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Feinstein was a jerk but so were the people confronting her, both parties unwilling to actually listen to each other.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This feels...what's the right word...fake or staged? Not that her reaction wasn't real, but she doesn't like the bill? What should she say?
The whole thing seems off, though.

Oct 26, 2017
I had to stop the video. Who was the woman with the kids speaking for them (like a child) instead of just letting them talk?

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
"We're the ones who voted for you."
"How old are you"
"I'm 16."
"Well then you didn't vote for me."

LOL. Damn she was harsh. She definitely could've been more tactful, especially to school children. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she was just having a bad day or something. Hopefully she apologizes for that

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
How anyone can justify her response or criticise the kids is beyond me.

She was not only bang out of line but completely dismissive of their very real concerns for our planet.

If she honestly thinks she has a better plan, outline it, say what the problems are with the green new deal. The fact she didn't shows she doesn't actually have any justifiable criticisms and wanted to just put them in their place.

Mar 9, 2018
Feinstein should have left the senate already. Too bad she hasn't. She sounds very Trump-esque in this exchange bragging about her victory and pointing out the children didn't vote for her. Embarrassing.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Throw her out on her fucking old ass. She'll be dead before anything happens anyway. Condescending piece of shit.

Scudo

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Feinstein is so brave, they should build a statue of her. and then in 60 years scuba divers exploring our flooded coastal cities can look at it and shed a tear for fiscal responsibility

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She handled it very
poorly. Talking about her vote win to kids, what horseshit. Be inclusive, engaging, don't be dismissive to kids on an important issue they care about, engage with them, get them thinking and involved. She was horrible.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Feinstein fucking sucks and she has always sucked right? Didn't she fly the confederate flag in hopes of getting a VP nom or some shit?

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
that's a great way to deal with dumb parents using their kids as political props for a bad policy, good work feinstein

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, she definitely should and could have handled that better. Putting kids down who actually have a valid argument concerning the dangers of climate change is harsh af.
And of course millions of people voted for her so she absolutely can't be wrong on anything. 🙄

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's the harsh reality of it. No one believes the 12 year time limit. Lots of people believe CC is real and happening. But no one wants to do a damn thing about it. Or think the problems can be solved later.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people bitch about young people not being involved in politics, yet when children try to engage elected officials because they're worried about the earth becoming an unlivable hellscape due to the actions of the old dipshits they're talking to, they're met with "I've been doing this for thirty years, pipe down" and "well you're too young to vote for me, so who cares what you think anyway." i can't imagine how discouraging that must be. what a dickhead

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Listen up you little shits, i've been doing this for 30 years. who the fuck are you? HAHAHA i think she could have been nicer.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
people bitch about young people not being involved in politics, yet when children try to engage elected officials because they're worried about the earth becoming an unlivable hellscape due to the actions of the old dipshits they're talking to, they're met with "I've been doing this for thirty years, pipe down" and "well you're too young to vote for me, so who cares what you think anyway." i can't imagine how discouraging that must be. what a dickhead

Yeah, one of the little girls looked totally crushed ;\

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite the seriousness of the topic, I can't take any of the people involved in this exchange seriously.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Feinstein is totally reasonable and pragmatic here.

I have literally no idea why this is an issue.

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ah wait I just listened to an episode of the Dollop about her. Isn't she the one who fought tooth and nail to keep up the Confederate flag at City Hall in San Francisco after multiple people protested and complained. It was torn down three time, the third time being replaced with a Union flag. Each time she put it back up and she ended up having the Union flag shredded.

Edit: That seems sorta off topic but I just learned about her. The impression I got from the Dollop is that as she got older she sorta turned her back on some of the more left leaning ideals and the people who brought her up early in her career.

There's a reason I only read PoliEra. I feel kinda stupid when I try to talk about this stuff myself

Last edited:

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
and folks wonder why people think democrats aint really about shit

smh

Ah wait I just listened to an episode of the Dollop about her. Isn't she the one who fought tooth and nail to keep up the Confederate flag at City Hall in San Francisco after multiple people protested and complained. It was torn down three time, the third time being replaced with a Union flag. Each time she put it back up and she ended up having the Union flag shredded.

yep

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feinstein was a jerk but so were the people confronting her, both parties unwilling to actually listen to each other.
The kids were unwilling to listen to "I won the vote by millions"? Oh they listened to her. And now they've internalized that into Feinstein being more concerned over her election than with their future.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought her initial response of "nothing will be solved in 10 years" was the most sensible thing in that entire exchange.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
that's a great way to deal with dumb parents using their kids as political props for a bad policy, good work feinstein

This is the only thing that stood out to me. Forget the specifics of the policy for a second...these kids are way too young to have any idea what they're actually talking about. The adults should have confronted Feinstein by themselves instead of trying to involve these kids.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
She should've explained that McConnell's just holding a show vote on the Green New Deal to try to get Democrats on the record. It has no chance of passing until 2021 at the earliest.

Being that brusque was not the best way to handle it, but it's not as simple as "LOL fossil opposes Green New Deal fuck you kids."

Again, her attitude and language were pretty bad, especially toward children, but the substance is not as bad as what is being portrayed.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought her initial response "nothing will be solved in 10 years" was the most sensible thing in that entire exchange.

I actually agree that we need bold movement on Climate Change, but I see absolutely nothing that Feinstein did as out of bounds or even particularly rude.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
liberals who are ok with feinstein here need to understand that this kind of thing is why the left does not see you as allies