• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I wish some of these Democratic senators had more fire in them. I'm more concerned with Kavanaugh's dismissal of Dr. Ford saying with 100% certainty that he sexually assaulted her than I am about him getting black out drunk. I actually feel like half of this country is so fucking stupid that they'd give Kavanaugh a pass for doing something he couldn't remember due to the influence of alcohol.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
The only good part of all these repeated questions, is that it's bringing out his terrible temper almost every single time.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't believe that after everything this dude is still getting confirmed. After throwing a fucking tantrum too.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna be that guy:

Avenatti would have shaken Kavanaugh and at least put up a fight.

Democratic Party has no mettle. Their party is fucked with their civility.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Blumenthal (sp?) was pretty weak. Didn't seem to be going anywhere just throwing things out there.

I agree the Dems should just yield their time to the prosecutor if they aren't going anywhere with their questions.

I mean he was asking Kavanaugh about a quote where he said he couldn't remember the events of a night of drinking, after Kavanaugh said multiple times he's never blacked out or forgotten the events of a night of drinking. But it doesn't matter because Kavanaugh was allowed to interrupt and undermine the line of questioning and then was told he could take his time with the answer, which amounted to nothing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Save yourself the trouble. They're Republicans, they will vote along party lines, and they are trash just like the rest. They're welcome to prove everyone wrong, but don't pin your hopes on them.
no doubt. America is going down the tubes, all because of emails.

hard not to be dispirited when you see a real fucking turd like Kavanaugh get into a lifetime appointment and know how partisan he is. America is fucked for a long time

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why only democrats questioned dr. Ford? Don't really know how these things work.
The republicans yielded their time to the prosecutor that is there because the optics of only old, white, male republicans questioning a victim of sexual abuse is not a good one. So they asked their questions through a woman instead.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Bart O has said that "that" night did not exist, never was there that gathering of those people at that place at that time. But freely admits that many many many nights much like the nonexistent night happened all the time.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why they wanted Kav to go last, so they could just talk shit all afternoon and not have it shot down. However, I think they're only considering one thing: "What does this do to me in the midterms?" They know they can't win with just the MAGA base, so the calculation is - women (NOPE) moderates (PROBABLY NOPE) and Independents (haha, lol, they're just libertopians or Republican who want to act special) - and then Democratic turnout. Ironically, this purposeful and angry second half is going to boost turnout. That's the opposite of what they want.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Save yourself the trouble. They're Republicans, they will vote along party lines, and they are trash just like the rest. They're welcome to prove everyone wrong, but don't pin your hopes on them.

Remember the ACA repeal? They want to get re-elected too.

People suggesting this is a done deal aren't really understanding the mechanics here. This could easily go either way.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Democrats are making the same mistake made by the prosecutor with Ford: trying to build and build with questioning as if it's one long cross examination but there's only 5 minutes before it's entirely interrupted. It's awful strategy not fit for this venue.

Accomplishing nothing beyond the initial FBI question from the first Senator.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is why they wanted Kav to go last, so they could just talk shit all afternoon and not have it shot down. However, I think they're only considering one thing: "What does this do to me in the midterms?" They know they can't win with just the MAGA base, so the calculation is - women (NOPE) moderates (PROBABLY NOPE) and Independents (haha, lol, they're just libertopians or Republican who want to act special) - and then Democratic turnout. Ironically, this purposeful and angry second half is going to boost turnout. That's the opposite of what they want.
i hope you're right

Status
Not open for further replies.