• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
When you're so lazy to stir the cup by yourself..

At least this cup doesn't need power to stir, it's generated by hot water.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a weird neck stand so I don't have to hold my phone in bed

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't know if this is peak laziness but buying precut fruit at the grocery store is just fucking dumb. You're paying a premium for something you can do at home for much less.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it make it hard to drink with the liquid swishing all over the place?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty neat. The kind of thing I'd appreciate as a gift but wouldn't buy for myself.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wouldn't it make it hard to drink with the liquid swishing all over the place?
Indeed. There doesn't seem a "turn off" button.

What kind of black magic is that?
Here's the explanation:
According to Aumix's designers, 320 milliliters (10.8 ounces) of boiling water loses about 60,480 joules of energy as it cools to a comfortable drinking temperature. So instead of letting that heat evaporate into the air, the Aumix absorbs it and converts it into kinetic energy, spinning the cup's rotor and mixing your drink.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You got a link? Been meaning to get one
Flexible-Phone-Holder-Lazy-Neck-Hanging-Cellphone-Waist-Desk-Selfie-Stand-Holder-Mount-Bracket-for-iPhone-1.jpg

It's completely flexible so it can be balanced to prop up or rebalanced for when I'm laying down. And no I don't know why that guy's face has been badly blurred, lol

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Oh, they integrated a magnetic stirrer into the cup itself. That's pretty clever, actually. Taking an old industrial idea and repaging it as a consumer product. That said I wonder how much those stirrer bars are going to cost to replace, because the lab grade ones I use cost a fortune.

Oct 28, 2017
The Target by my house recently added special numbered parking spots where you pull up and some poor employee has to bring out your online purchase to your vehicle.

Like either shop online or shop in a store. If youmust, walk into the store and go to the in store pickup desk. This halfassed commitment crap is for the birds

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Don't see the problem especially since stir sticks will cause millions of tons of plastic waste each year.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Cold drinks need love too

Additionally, I dont know if it's more lazy or just plain unnecessary, but that Alexa enabled microwave is baffling...you still need to be physically in front of it to put the food in or take food out...so how does voice activation add anything instead of just hitting the button?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Cold drinks need love too

Additionally, I dont know if it's more lazy or just plain unnecessary, but that Alexa enabled microwave is baffling...you still need to be physically in front of it to put the food in or take food out...so how does voice activation add anything instead of just hitting the button?

Pushing buttons? What am I a math major?

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this is peak laziness but buying precut fruit at the grocery store is just fucking dumb. You're paying a premium for something you can do at home for much less.

uhh. Wat. You are paying more time for less money. You can always make more money but you never get time back.

Anyway, this is a sweet cup - I'd totally buy it. Nothing to do with laziness... just one less spoon to wash when mixing honey into tea.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not lazy. It's just satisfying to watch, quiet so your not clanging a cup annoying people, and you don't have to waste a dish stirring it.

Oct 28, 2017
I think complaining online about what other people do with their coffee is the greater sin here. Total bitch eating crackers moment.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok when I saw the title I was with you OP but this is actually a pretty cool product. But I guess you're somewhat right that it's pretty lazy to not do it yourself

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they use stir bars. They're used all the time in science labs. I always thought it would be a good idea to attach them to pots so you don't need to worry about stirring while cooking.

Oct 25, 2017
A) Using a reusable mug is already better for the environment

B) not needing to use a wasteful plastic/wooden stirrer is also better for the environment

C) Even if you used a metal spoon, that's one more thing you need to waste water on washing.

D) that's actually a really cool innovation that utilizes the cup's own heat for a convenient stirring motion for drinks that need it.

In a world of shitty plastic k-cups, one time plastics and other disposable garbage acting as a testament to man's laziness, why would you stop and complain about this of all things?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Products like this and the pre-peeled oranges I've seen mentioned are not necessarily meant for "lazy" able-bodied people. They add convenience into the lives of people with limited mobility or chronic pain.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
humans have been building machines and devices to improve our quality of life and do things for us for millennia. you say lazy, i say efficient.

i now can do other things while my cup stirs itself. this is a cool invention.

Oct 28, 2017
New Zealand
Wow, weird coincidence for me. Today I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs in which the host was helping out someone in the bio-diesel industry pour some chemicals into a flask which was stirred with a rotating magnet. The host wondered why they weren't being used to mix martinis lol.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At home I have a little black box with buttons that I can use to change the channels on the TV so I don't need to stand up to do it.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019

Not gonna lie, strongly considering one of those lol I already have a weird attachment to have my ipad attached to my desk so I can use it as a second monitor(okay, Spotify controller for the most part) though and I feel like if I get one more weird thing I'll cross the line into technohippie(I'm already way past that line I just lie to myself)

The one I got looks like this:

71qc4V3cRVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(this thing: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07X2WG6Q7/ref=dp_cerb_1)