• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
For all of you that have Intel cpus and experience massive stuttering/frame drops while playing going from 60 to 30-35 all the time, just disable Intel Turbo Boost!! Locked 60 now and playing 5120x2160p with 21:9 fix!!

Someone already posted this and maybe some of you missed it.

Is there a way to use reshade with the 21:9 fix/textures disabled fix ?

It stopped working once I applied the above fixes.

Thanks

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to hear your results!

Results acquired!

I was able to lock 60 on my i7-6700k and GTX1080 at 1800p upscaled to 4k.
You essentially add a resolution to the "supported" list and set it up in NVidia Control Panel so the GPU will do the upscaling when you set it in Sekiro (or any other game for that matter)`.

Here's the guide I followed:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/8zbr2i/guide_proper_custom_resolution_upscaling_to_4k/

Most of my settings were High/Mid. I haven't played around too much with pushing it with higher settings (I may even see if I can push closer to 4k).

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno about everyone else, but I could not get Input Mapper, or Steams Xinput to work regardless of what I did. Ended up downloading an older PS4 Xinput tool called "DS4Windows". All you have to do is plug your controller in, and then go to setting and tick the "Hide DS4 controller option". And then it worked perfectly.

I've stopped using all DS4 related programs and just use Steam's big picture features for problematic games. With Sekiro I went to Big Picture mode (have to do this only once, no need to use big picture after changing these) -> Library -> Sekiro -> Manage Game -> Controller Options -> "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" to "Forced On". Also need to go Sekiro -> Controller Configuration -> set gyro input to "None" (it's the button/box right below the controller image) and right stick input to "Joystick Move".

Now I don't know if any of that will work if you have stuff like DS4Windows installed but for what it's worth I haven't had need for DS4Windows after I started doing it this way.

I also mapped touchpad click to Play/Pause button to quickly pause podcasts running in the background, just because I could. I know you can do all of this with DS4Windows for example but it's just so convenient doing it via Steam and having to install nothing else. Also just one of the many reasons why I'm not going to support Epic and their feature-less store. They might buy developers (well publishers actually) but let's see them buy me as a customer when I'm already used to all these features and they offer nothing.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I've stopped using all DS4 related programs and just use Steam's big picture features for problematic games. With Sekiro I went to Big Picture mode (have to do this only once, no need to use big picture after changing these) -> Library -> Sekiro -> Manage Game -> Controller Options -> "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" to "Forced On". Also need to go Sekiro -> Controller Configuration -> set gyro input to "None" (it's the button/box right below the controller image) and right stick input to "Joystick Move".

Now I don't know if any of that will work if you have stuff like DS4Windows installed but for what it's worth I haven't had need for DS4Windows after I started doing it this way.

I also mapped touchpad click to Play/Pause button to quickly pause podcasts running in the background, just because I could. I know you can do all of this with DS4Windows for example but it's just so convenient doing it via Steam and having to install nothing else. Also just one of the many reasons why I'm not going to support Epic and their feature-less store. They might buy developers (well publishers actually) but let's see them buy me as a customer when I'm already used to all these features and they offer nothing.
Yeah I usually just use Steams Xinput, but for some reason It just was not working for me with Sekiro. I tried what you suggested, disabled all my HIDs one by one, uninstalled inputmapper, ect. Just would not work, and then just an off comment I saw said to try DS4Windows and it worked.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I'm having a annoying bug with this game. I have 2 displays 1 4k and other 1080p. When I try to put the game windowed and display on the 4k display it works. But when I set full screen it goes back to the other display...

I can't set full screen on the secondary display...

:/

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Results acquired!

You essentially add a resolution to the "supported" list and set it up in NVidia Control Panel so the GPU will do the upscaling when you set it in Sekiro (or any other game for that matter)`.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/8zbr2i/guide_proper_custom_resolution_upscaling_to_4k/

Most of my settings were High/Mid. I haven't played around too much with pushing it with higher settings (I may even see if I can push closer to 4k).
You know I've always done display scaling because I assume my Sony can upscale pretty well but I wonder if GPU scaling is better?

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
So I went from having locked 60 fps @ 1080p with all settings maxed out this morning and afternoon when I had my laptop hooked up to my tv. I unplugged my laptop from the tv and when I just tried to play it on the laptop display I'm literally getting single digit frame rates no matter what graphic settings i'm using. Any suggestions? i7-7700, 16 gigs of ram, gtx 1060.

Wajna

Nov 17, 2017
Having my PC hooked to the TV, doing like everyone said by alt tabbing the game and HDR works after that. But when quit game, the game for some reason likes to turn off HDR in Windows so I have to change that everytime. Not a big deal but just a little info!

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
So I went from having locked 60 fps @ 1080p with all settings maxed out this morning and afternoon when I had my laptop hooked up to my tv. I unplugged my laptop from the tv and when I just tried to play it on the laptop display I'm literally getting single digit frame rates no matter what graphic settings i'm using. Any suggestions? i7-7700, 16 gigs of ram, gtx 1060.

Go to nvidia settings and force 1060 as the dedicated gpu for the game, I had the same issue.

It's running on the igpu as default

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a solid 60 fps (aside from some dips in cutscenes) at 1440p and high settings with a Vega 56 and Ryzen 1500X. Tried doing Max settings and was hitting 45-50. Had motion blur off both times.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
That reshade profile I'm seeing looks like it crushes blacks a little too much.

Which is a shame because the rest of the overall picture does look nicer in the comparison.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Intel i5 2500K overclocked to 4.5GHZ.
1333MHZ DDR3 RAM
Radeon R9 290X @ 1000MHZ
Newest 19.3.3 driver
Playing at 2560x1440p.

My fps are varying a lot. I think the lowest I have seen was 32fps at max settings. I tried around a bit to get to 60fps but it seems like I have to use the LOW preset in order to achieve that and even then sometimes the fps go to 48-51 drops. I have not found the culprit that brings my fps down the most. I tinkered around a bit and maybe it was effects, lighting, shadows or ambient occlusion no idea.

But I do have to say that my hardware is quite old now so a RAM or CPU bottleneck is probably the most likely scenario here.

Still I would say that the game runs pretty well. I have not seen huge fps swings so far and I guess it runs extremely well on newer hardware that isn't 7 years old now.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm positively surprised by the performance. Low input lag even at 30 fps. I can comfortably play with 40-50 fps at 1800p with everything maxed out with a GTX 1070 (+180mhz OC) and a i5 4690k. 2160p give me around 35fps, 1440p rock solid 60fps.

Everything works like a charm. Graphics options don't need a restart (this is killing me in so many games...), game is stable as fuck.

Slammey

Mar 8, 2018
Guys/Gals!! Try disabling Intel's Turbo Boost for your cpus and see if you can play 60 lock ?

Works for me!!

I9 7940X

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Running it on a 1080 on a 1440p monitor with everything set to max and it buttery smooth for me,.

faisalsmj

Mar 22, 2019
here gtx980 and i have problems in fps drops between 50 to 25 i dont know why .. dark souls 3 was perfect .. please help me :(

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Locked 60 on max at 1440p with i7 9700k, rtx2080, and 16GB of ram.

I caved and grabbed the collectors edition. Last one left at my local shop. I had every intention of finishing dmc5 first but I had serious fomo with this one. I love From Software.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Results acquired!

Thanks! Will definitely give this a go.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
Pretty much locked at 60fps at 4k max settings on 1080ti + 5820k.

Also, the game does in fact support hdr on pc

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I'm having a annoying bug with this game. I have 2 displays 1 4k and other 1080p. When I try to put the game windowed and display on the 4k display it works. But when I set full screen it goes back to the other display...

I can't set full screen on the secondary display...

:/
It's probably because your 1080p display is Monitor 2 in Windows. For whatever reason, this game doesn't like working on any display that isn't Monitor 1.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Its been brought up by other people in this thread, but I just want to bring it up again since this also sovled my issues:

MAKE SURE TO TURN OFF INTEL TURBO!

I was having pretty severe framerate drops from 60 to like the teens despite my computer being more than capable enough, but as soon as I turned off turbo, I got a nice, buttery 60 FPS with no drops!

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Locked 60fps, fluid frametime, HDR, max settings at 1440p:
ASUS 1080 Strix OC
2700x at 4,3 ghz
16GB 3200Mhz DDR4
Samsung 860 SSD

Everything fine on my end.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
how exactly do u disable INTEL TURBO BOOSTER??

is that a windows setting?

"Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS"

Quote from Intel website. But note that not every Intel CPU has turbo boost

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Asking here again since the OT moves fast.

Does anyone else get like something white just poping out in the background for 1 second then dissapear on PC?

It's most likely occlusion or frustum culling that's not happening fast enough. It's actually common in a lot of games.

Guys/Gals!! Try disabling Intel's Turbo Boost for your cpus and see if you can play 60 lock ?

Works for me!!

I9 7940X

Were you monitoring to see if the CPU was perhaps dropping below stock clocks while playing? IIRC, Turbo ties into SpeedStep so the game may not have been taxing the CPU in some cases and it was downclocking randomly while playing. Turning Turbo off would essentially cap it at stock always.

Might be something to look at or possibly adjust power options in Windows.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
So, i won't be able to get this game on PC until April, what's the general consensus on the pc version? Should i be good to go in like 2-3 weeks, or should i wait for patches?

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So, i won't be able to get this game on PC until April, what's the general consensus on the pc version? Should i be good to go in like 2-3 weeks, or should i wait for patches?

I've played about 4 hours of it and it's run absolutely flawlessly on a GTX1060 at 1080p60, high settings. No bugs, no stuttering, no problems to be seen at all thus far.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
how exactly do u disable INTEL TURBO BOOSTER??

is that a windows setting?

There's another way without going into the bios: Go into your power options, edit your plan settings, and click on advanvced settings for that. Go to processor power management, and set your max procesor state to 99%. This basically disables turbo booster, and makes things smooth! Apparently this works for a lot of games too, like my brother is saying that GTA 5 runs better for him now!

For the record, Im running this on a laptop with a 1070 GTX and a 2.8 Gigahertz i7

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I've played about 4 hours of it and it's run absolutely flawlessly on a GTX1060 at 1080p60, high settings. No bugs, no stuttering, no problems to be seen at all thus far.

Thanks, I have a 1080, so I knew I'd be fine, was just worried about any issues. Do button prompts show up alot? I use my DS4 for pc gaming and heard there was issues with using it, such as no PS4 button prompts.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Does disabling Intel's Turbo Boost cause other games that are not Sekiro to run worse?

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't bought this myself but asking for a friend.

He says he's getting 20 FPS no matter what his settings. I did a bit of research myself but the dual monitor thing and the intergrated graphics problems aren't applying to him. Only 1 monitor and he's already set the gpu to his main card.

Anyone else here with this problem?

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Ok, this game DOES NOT like either my gpu or cpu being overclocked or both. It random crashes the game and steam. Never happened with any other game and with 100s of hours on these overclocks. Even turning them down does nothing. Stock settings are fine.

Also, is anyones game make the entire screen and OS go purple when they launch the game? The only fix for me is to go into windowed mode and back into full screen. Like, ill launch the game and everything will be purple. Even if I fully exit out the os stays that way. I have never seen that one before also. 9700k and 1080ti btw.