• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Has anyone in the UK had their order dispatched? Shopto normally send theirs out a day early but mine hasn't dispatched yet, however Simplygames another which often send out games early have them in stock, so I'm considering changing from Shopto.

I wouldn't normally be that bothered but I'm off work tomorrow and will will be able to play tomorrow afternoon if it arrives.

They haven't dispatched mine.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any discussion on where the replay value is going to come from? With no levels and skills and any customization it seems like it's going to come well short of all the Souls games in terms of entertainment. I put in hundreds of hours into Bloodborne with so much of it just in the Chalice Dungeons.
Huh? There are a bunch of skill trees and upgrade trees to invest in. Between prosthetic loadouts, combat/ninjustsu art selection, skills and upgrades, use of stealth, mobility, it looks to have decent build variation, all within the mold of "shinobi warrior".

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any discussion on where the replay value is going to come from? With no levels and skills and any customization it seems like it's going to come well short of all the Souls games in terms of entertainment. I put in hundreds of hours into Bloodborne with so much of it just in the Chalice Dungeons.
I would assume it's gonna come from the game being fun as hell. Changing specs never did that much for me in Dark Souls—whether I was Str or Dex, I was replaying the game to experience the fights again, not because having a Dex weapon was actually all that different from having a Str weapon (and non-melee builds just gutted the games of their most interesting parts, imo). I'd imagine Sekiro will be the same—you can switch specs and run ng+, but really you're replaying it because it's a fun game.

also, from all the conversation about the interconnected world stuff, I'd assume there's a lot of sequence break/speedrun stuff to have fun with, like scythe runs in dks1

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So just skimming over the thread, seems like the Pro performance is fairly poor? Not surprising but definitely a bummer. I was hoping it'd be a locked 30 at least.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's capped to 60 FPS. Just checked. Plays fine though. It's not like it NEEDS 144 FPS really. You can watch my first 30 minutes at 4k/60 here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7md49D7I74A
Does it perform as well as DaS3? Do you think I can run it at 1080p/60 FPS with a GTX 970 and an i5 4570k? Dark Souls 3 ran easily at that res/framerate.

Also, how punctual is CDkeys.com generally with sending out keys?

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Dec 6, 2017
US
Version 1.01 is already online, unless there's another patch.

Well, I'm hoping for something like DS3 where patch 1.03, which was released a few days after release day I believe, actually did improve performance. I don't think it was drastic, but still.

Hopefully I'm remembering this stuff correctly but I'd say despite it being V1.01 right now, they could still push out patches in the next few days.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I just checked with my friend and nothing yet from cdkeys.

Didn't get a review code, not sure if I will. So I ordered my PC copy on Gamesplanet and just got my key.
It's capped to 60 FPS. Just checked. Plays fine though. It's not like it NEEDS 144 FPS really. You can watch my first 30 minutes at 4k/60 here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7md49D7I74A
Not going to watch the videos, but what hardware was used for 4K60?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Does it perform as well as DaS3? Do you think I can run it at 1080p/60 FPS with a GTX 970 and an i5 4570k? Dark Souls 3 ran easily at that res/framerate.

Also, how punctual is CDkeys.com generally with sending out keys?

That's my pc, except with a 3570k. Even if for some reason I can't get a locked 60, at least I'll be able to set a 30fps cap.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There's this interview from Polygon that indicates there may be a NG+
Some familiar Miyazaki and FromSoftware gameplay traditions will return, like a new game plus mode. "This is still taking shape," Miyazaki explained, adding that the mechanic will be similar to previous titles and will tie into Sekiro's story.
Source: Polygon Interview with Miyazaki

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Same.

So how do we buy a game on the japanese steam store exactly? Would love to play it a bit early

Make sure you redeem the key or buy the game in your local region because buying from other regions is against the ToS. You can start downloading/unpacking as soon as it is unlocked in a particular region and you have the IP matching that region.
So: Close Steam. Launch Japanese VPN, Open Steam, start downloading the game. I read that you can close the VPN connection in order to speed up the download and not getting throttled down. However to launch the game you need to be in the VPN connection.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was thinking in playing sekiro in Japanese , so I am wondering if we know which language was priority for lip sync stuff?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
you don't buy it from there thats a big no no you just pre load or download the game and then log out use a VPN and sign back in.

Oh that works? I do have a vpn so i'll give this a shot I guess.

Is the preload live yet?

Edit:

Make sure you redeem the key or buy the game in your local region because buying from other regions is against the ToS. You can start downloading/unpacking as soon as it is unlocked in a particular region and you have the IP matching that region.
So: Close Steam. Launch Japanese VPN, Open Steam, start downloading the game. I read that you can close the VPN connection in order to speed up the download and not getting throttled down. However to launch the game you need to be in the VPN connection.

Very clear instructions, thanks mate I'll try that!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i´ve acclimated to the framerate...after 2 hours it isn´t so distracting anymore

yeah, pack it up guys, this is way better than Bloodborne...KILLER fighting system, sprawling areas...found 3 prosthetics already but i am not even at a boss so far, just exploring and getting used to the systems

this game is everything i´ve wanted and more
giphy.gif

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
i´ve acclimated to the framerate...after 2 hours it isn´t so distracting anymore

yeah, pack it up guys, this is way better than Bloodborne...KILLER fighting system, sprawling areas...found 3 prosthetics already but i am not even at a boss so far, just exploring and getting used to the systems

this game is everything i´ve wanted and more
giphy.gif

How long before we start seeing "game of the generation" hype?!

Status
Not open for further replies.