Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Finally made some actual progress and got a prayer necklace. Ogre was easier than I thought and I cheesed the hell out of the drunkard. Made it to the first proper boss fight.

The hardest thing for me is pushing the correct button to counter danger moves. My instinct is still to dodge. I should probably practice more.

So much this!

Once you lose the muscle memory of trying to dodge through attacks the game gets much easier.

Remember thrusts can be dodged even with the red kanji but you have to dodge to the side.

Sweeps need to be jumped or, if you have a decent amount of space you can dodge away from them depending on the enemy.

Unlearning your Souls experience is the hardest part of Sekiro for me.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
fERDZqi.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Whatchu been killing?
Harambe was my last kill.

Still kind of freaked out at the similarities to Bloodletting Beast.

LEQDd2o.jpg

Makes me think of Valtr, too, and how the Madaras Twins found vermin inside the giant snake they loved.

Like, this is at least a direct reference, right? It can't be a coincidence that both games have creatures surviving even when beheaded due to a parasite creature inside them, coming out of the hole in their necks.

I was already thinking of Valtr and the whole vermin angle when it was just some immortal infested monks, but this is way too weird.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's really fun going back to Lady Butterfly in NG+ and just destroying her, even with the natural difficulty increase +
having the hard mode bell rung, and taking off the charm ( AKA training wheels)

how exactly do you kill Headless guys once you run out of confetti?
Keep progressing the story and you'll get the option to buy it at every vendor.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, are we doing OT2?

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT2 | *Not* the Dark Souls of Games
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT2 | The Tenchu of Dark Souls
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT2 | The Dark Souls of Tenchu
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT2 | Prepare to Die (More Than) Twice

>.>

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT2 | Shadows Die Integer Overflow

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been able to anti air death blow once am I missing something. Guy jump up in air, I jump up after him and just do a normal slash.

Oct 26, 2017
where is everyone's best grinding spots I'm at the end but want to upgrade suit
YOu can get pretty wild with farming thanks to
Harambe was my last kill.

Still kind of freaked out at the similarities to Bloodletting Beast.

LEQDd2o.jpg

Makes me think of Valtr, too, and how the Madaras Twins found vermin inside the giant snake they loved.

Like, this is at least a direct reference, right? It can't be a coincidence that both games have creatures surviving even when beheaded due to a parasite creature inside them, coming out of the hole in their necks.

I was already thinking of Valtr and the whole vermin angle when it was just some immortal infested monks, but this is way too weird.
Theres something at the end game which is like "Is this bloodborne cut content?" xD.

Have gone down the dungeon path yet?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Allright thanks for your messaged everyone i think i will just keep playing as i am even if it means the mandatory mini boss fight.Thanks again!

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I never thought I'd say this about a From title but I hate this god damn game. The combat, the controls, the character customization.. I don't enjoy anything about it except for maybe the sound design and graphics. I'd rather get a root canal than play it.

And I can't even resell it because I went digital.

Oct 27, 2017
Did you finish Senpou Temple yet?

The Divine Child of Rejuvenation will give you a bit of rice every time you talk to her and you can bribe the old women with it for clues.

I honestly cannot say. I've killed Centipede face there but couldn't find a path to any real boss. I've been trying to find the Divine Child but have been unsuccessful. I'll youtube it. Thank you!

superseohyun

Mar 23, 2019
Man, I never thought I'd say this about a From title but I hate this god damn game. The combat, the controls, the character customization.. I don't enjoy anything about it except for maybe the sound design and graphics. I'd rather get a root canal than play it.

Maybe someday it will click and it will become your favorite From title. Maybe.

Valet Jay

Mar 20, 2018
Sekiro is just too difficult for me. I still cannot master the timing necessary to parry correctly - or at least consistently. And this has been the biggest hurdle so far.

Nevertheless, this game is just relentless in its punishment. Planning is just as paramount to success as is deflecting the seemingly insurmountable onslaught of attacks. The game forces you to slow down, but knows all too well that after each consecutive death your patience will eventually break. The pain from my constant failure is only made worse by Dragon Rot, which I have contracted faster than Measles to anti-vaxxer's child.

But after each crushing defeat, I remain steadfast in my determination. My inner-demented voice beacons me onward. Taunting me with the same unhinged words.

Mada mada.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Guys, did I mess something up by
killing Snake eyes, because there seems to be this arena but nothing was there. Made it to the next idol.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Do you need to kill the headless guys to unlock the "defeat all bosses" trophy?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The mist raven tool is kind of hard to use. Not even sure if it's even worth it when you can just dodge normally. Maybe upgraded it gets good.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
K got a little more time with the game today. It took me two tries to get the Ogre down but he's prolly the hardest boss in the game and I'mma sail through the rest now.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Sometimes it feels as if the deflect/block button doesnt work!!!!

Any ideas on fighting the two life bar spear guy in the Hirata estate area, right after you defeat the two guys with shields. Am I supposed to be using the jumping technique or the counter technique.

Another note in that same level, when I finally get to the area with the burning houses and, theres a ton of enemies who all have a line of sight on you, how are we supposed to get past that? The game works the best when you're managing maybe 2 enemies at a time, anything more feels chaotic and you get killed easily from behind.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Can npc's eventually die from Dragonrot? As spoiler free as the answer can possible be thanks lol.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

A friend of mine who is a big Souls fan stopped playing day one with the same reasoning of "shit controls and combat". I asked him to stream and it turned out he was playing it like...a Souls game.
He returned to it yesterday after watching some people play, stopped complaining about the mechanics and is having a blast.

Maybe just come back to it at some point.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The mist raven tool is kind of hard to use. Not even sure if it's even worth it when you can just dodge normally. Maybe upgraded it gets good.

Funny that I made it work decently, upgraded it and now doesn't work for me lol I love the skill tho so I'll try to put more time into it, the thing is that I'm mostly out of emblems everytime. :/

Oct 28, 2017
! SENSE OF DIRECTION AT RISK !
Need help.
How the hell do I get back into Ashina after killing the Divine Dragon? The only idols I can travel to are Kuro's room and the Abandoned Dungeon entrance, neither of which gets me where I need to go.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Any ideas on fighting the two life bar spear guy in the Hirata estate area, right after you defeat the two guys with shields. Am I supposed to be using the jumping technique or the counter technique.

Another note in that same level, when I finally get to the area with the burning houses and, theres a ton of enemies who all have a line of sight on you, how are we supposed to get past that? The game works the best when you're managing maybe 2 enemies at a time, anything more feels chaotic and you get killed easily from behind.
If it's a thrust you counter it, if it's a sweep you jump over it, ideally on their face for a double jump and posture damage. This is a general rule for the entire game.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
How the hell do I get back into Ashina after killing the Divine Dragon? The only idols I can travel to are Kuro's room and the Abandoned Dungeon entrance, neither of which gets me where I need to go.
You gotta fight your way around to get back to the other idols to reactivate them. The purple smoke incenses burners will lead you in the direction of the final encounter.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

1: Get the mirikiri skill, it won't win the fight for you but it's a useful tool. Also, you can stealth deathblow one of his bars, just kill the enemies on the ground without making him notice.

2: There are some vertical places where you could hide, you can go to the left and kill the two guys by the cliff near the river. Up there are like three archers, you can climb and as soon as you do that one of them bails out leaving only two, they're easy to kill. Regular soldiers might come in from below if you didn't deal with them earlier. Anyway, just rest on the cliff behind the bamboos if things get too crowded.

You can still equip the earlier versions, though. I do it more frequently than I expected for a few things, especially Ichimonji.

Yes, I actually did that, is just that it doesn't make sense that I can't use it properly, it should work. I haven't tried that hard tho, I'll make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.