• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Well my most hyped games for January are games from a decade ago and KH3
noice

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
If anything Bayonetta 3 is even more of a 'Nintendo' game than 2, because the whole game is funded from them pockets and not just partially assets between N and S
As BernardoOne also pointed out, the copyright for the third game implies the exact opposite.

For easy comparison, look at the reveal trailers of 1+2 and 3 on the Switch. The second game clearly lists Nintendo as the primary copyright holder, having salvaged that project from the scrapheap as we well know, hence why Sega is only listed as secondary there.

So if Bayonetta 3 were fully funded by Nintendo from the start, then why does it list only Sega as a copyright holder, as it did for the first game?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
As BernardoOne also pointed out, the copyright for the third game implies the exact opposite.

For easy comparison, look at the reveal trailers of 1+2 and 3 on the Switch. The second game clearly lists Nintendo as the primary copyright holder, having salvaged that project from the scrapheap as we well know, hence why Sega is only listed as secondary there.

So if Bayonetta 3 were fully funded by Nintendo from the start, then why does it list only Sega as a copyright holder, as it did for the first game?
I can't tell you but i don't think Kamiya is really the lying type at least with this stuff :^S i think everything will be cleared out when we watch the first proper trailer and see the credits

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Same on Platinum's website

Bayonetta 2:

Platform: Nintendo Switch | Genre: Climax Action | Players: 1-2 | Release Date: February 16, 2018 | eShop Price: $49.99 / €49.99 | ESRB Rating: TBA | Publisher: Nintendo | Developer: PlatinumGames Inc. | © 2014-2018 Nintendo © SEGA Published by Nintendo

Bayonetta 3:
Platform: Nintendo Switch | Genre: Climax Action | Release Date: TBA | ESRB Rating: TBA | Publisher: Nintendo Co., Ltd. | Developer: PlatinumGames Inc. | ©SEGA. Licensed by SEGA.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
I can't tell you but i don't think Kamiya is really the lying type at least with this stuff :^S i think everything will be cleared out when we watch the first proper trailer and see the credits
Well, even Kamiya would have to keep his silence when there's a business deal in place, and Nintendo did save the IP. Neither Nintendo, P*, nor Sega will allow themselves to be forced into a position like MS, Eidos and SE were with RotTR either.

The thing here is that launching exclusively on Switch is without a doubt the smartest course of action: Nintendo enjoys the perception of adding another seeming exclusive hardcore mature game to its portfolio, but Sega and P* benefit much more from Nintendo taking marketing duties upon them. The perception of exclusivity, if not that of Bayo 3 being an actual Nintendo title with the character's presense in Smash, is sure to do wonders for sales. Add biased reviewers doing their best to build up the game's rep, and you've got a recipe for as much success as this game could ever get.

I would point to past examples that clearly resonated with the community of an initial "exclusive" platform to maximize their initial momentum: Resi 4 on the Cube, Nier Automata on PS4, the Crash remakes on PS4. Arguably Demon's Souls to Dark Souls was a similar enough example.

And then the other versions get to jump on the hype wave a certain amount of time later.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will have an uncapped framerate... How does the original game handle when the framerate slows down, does game speed slow down or no?

Mar 23, 2018
Dunno where to post this, but there's a Catherine Full Body "important" announcement coming up this friday. It being worded in japanese, I'm guessing this is an animation or even a Switch port announcement(there's a likely nintendo direct this thursday). If it was worded in english, I'd say it's the PC version announcement, but I don't think so. Anyhow, I think it's fair to expect news about whatever the sheep thing is this friday or sooner

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Anyone looked at the EXIFs of the images yet?
There is nothing. Which means... It doesn't exists, there are no ports!
6db.jpg

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So, of all twitter accounts speculating about Catherine PC release, they replied to Persona Central?

180px-Thonk.png
Maybe its because the more core atlus fans are following that twitter so it will get more exposure within that fanbase. But if persona 5 amd catherine comes to PC it will be amazing.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
it makes sense for Persona Central to report about Catherine news since it was made by the same dev team. I think.
Maybe its because the more core atlus fans are following that twitter so it will get more exposure within that fanbase. But if persona 5 amd catherine comes to PC it will be amazing.

>Dec 30: Persona 5R announcment
>Jan 3: Steam teasing started

WHERE'S YA GOD DAMN FAITH ARTHUR?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Interesting that they responded today, several days after the initial tweet. Maybe we'll get something later today?

Inb4 Catherine Full Body on PC with Classic included free with preorders.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So based on that tweet here's my wildly optimistic prediction:
Full Body PC announcement. Catherine Classic is included for preorders of the game (or it might be always included). J expect the Japanese stream to announce the same for PS4

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't expect Full Body on Steam, at least not for awhile. It's rare for SegaWest's PC ports to make it day and and date with the Japanese console originals and when it does happen it's never on the first developer partnership (aka: Valkyria 4, Sonic Forces, etc).

Steam's almost certainly getting "Catherine Classic" and if we're lucky maybe they'll do FB as a dlc/upgrade release later down the line.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Catherine full body coming winter 2019 to steam with preorders getting Catherine Classic next week. Book it!

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I'll flip shit if P4G or P5 came to Steam

sega pls

Is there any meaning to the number of a's in the baaa's? It's been different every time so far.

Bayonetta: Baa (2)
Valkyria Chronicles 4: Baaaaa (5)
Yakuza 0: "Baaaa!" "Ba." (4 and 1)

2, 4, and 1 can combine into 14.2 or 2.14, which would be an appropriate release date (Full Body comes out in Japan on that day as well), but that leaves us with a 5 that doesn't really fit anywhere.

Prior to the Shenmue Baaaaaaaah I'd have guessed Persona (5) only so that they can hit Valentine's Day (2.14) as per their original plan for the Western release of Feb 14, 2017 on the PS4 (Take your heart marketing obviously). Till it got delayed to May I think.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take-your-heart-on-valentines-day-2017/

Shenmue Baaaaaaaah (8) kind of breaks that pattern so what do I know (unless we are talking party members or that PERSONA5 is 8 alphanumeric characters but that's a stretch of a stretch of a... I really should get back to Shenmue huh)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
One of these sheep pics need to involve the number 3, cuz you know what that means
Shin%20Megami%20Tensei%3A%20Nocturne.jpg

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
OK so I looked a little deeper. The sheep goes Ba which obviously means Bayonetta 3 is coming to Steam. The sheep is the patron Saint of Wales. Worshipped there for millennia. Wales or "Whales" is what they are targeting with this game. Which means it's going to be riddled with microtransactions and they want all the "Whales" to make them rich on Switch and PC. Isn't it obvious?